Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM

305 posts, read 798,485 times

Advertisements

You are not the only one to give it a glowing review! Rolling Stone gave it a pretty good one, I wanted to see it before but this sealed the deal for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
I just saw the film. It made me happy and sad. I was thinking it might heal some of the loss I felt, but in some ways, it's increased it. MJ still "had it." This concert would have been incredible had it happened. And he was such a beautiful soul.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,632 times
I'm going to see it today! The reviews and comments posted here have really motivated me to see it on the big screen rather than wait for the DVD! I bought my tickets! Yippee!

Old 11-01-2009, 01:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
"This is It" will be extended through Thanksgiving after amassing $101M worldwide in the first five days. This Is It" played in about five times the theaters for Cyrus' movie. Her movie ran in 3-D, for which theaters charge more. Teen audiences are prone to see a movie on opening weekend. "This is it" drew the 25 and older audience, (62%) who tend not to rush out and see a movie on opening weekend as do young fans who comprise Cyrus' audience. The Cyrus movie did half its business in the first few days.
Clip:
He's just loved everywhere on the planet," said Rory Bruer, head of distribution for Sony. "It doesn't matter if it's Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, South America. Every continent in the world loved him and his music."
The Associated Press: `This Is It' tops charts with $101M worldwide

Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
DH and I saw it yesterday at a matinee......
Excellent, wonderful and as another poster said, mesmerizing!
I could watch it again and again!

I also bought the CD that goes with it and it is great also.
There was in insert in there that said it would be on DVD and BluRay soon.
I thought maybe they would have it out for Christmas but now that they are extending it
who knows when it will be out. Whenever that is, I will surely buy it.

*when they say why, why...tell 'em that it's human nature*....

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,374 times
I saw it yesterday and I love it!!! I want to go see it again. It was amazing that the audience just sat there mesmerized in total silence. Not one of us in the theatre wanted to leave. I could stay there for hours just watching him. I really want to see it again in Imax. Maybe I can convince my DH to go with me again. He liked it too.
I will definitely get the DVD and the CD set.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,812,481 times
Many great comments! I saw it and was surprised at just how good it was. It shows a side of MJ I never knew existed. The man was a genius. I can't wait for the dvd.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times
Wow!! I am so glad that everyone enjoyed the movie and it is doing so well at the box office. Hopefully all the money will go to a good cause or to benefit and heal some broken hearts (Michael's kids and the extended family). I saw a documentary the other night that I had never seen before which involved Michael. He was being interviewed. I had no idea that Michael's childhood was so abusive.. No wonder he suffered with perfectionism and sleep disorders. It was a miracle that he survived as long as he did and we were able to enjoy his talent.

May he finally rest in peace and may his loved ones find comfort in this unsettling tragedy.

I really hope that someday a movie would come out with the total truth and the reality of what he went through in his life for childhood to adulthood.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:08 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,632 times
Inspirational! I didn't want it to end! I will be buying the DVD as a keepsake. The messages his music offers on world issues are so strong and empowering! What a true talent he continued to be right up until the day he passed! RIP Michael!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,696,239 times
I saw it this weekend, and I must say I couldn't take my eyes off the screen! A few times I wanted to get up and dance!!
He did appear thin, but he's never been a heavy or large person to begin with, he looked like he wanted to give his all in this performance. It's such a shame he isn't with us anymore. Too bad he couldn't or wouldn't get the help he needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies