Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:42 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Let me try. The churches of Christianity have birthed sons from the fleshly minded kingdom, as opposed to birthing a son that came from above. Those sons then turned around and married their mothers, the churches (you know them as pastors). It's a hard truth, because it goes against 1900 years of error, but no where can you find it in scripture that the pastor is to be exalted above the rest of the 5 fold activities of the Spirit, in works or position. The sin of the Nicolaitans is the sin of exalting the clergy above the laity, ie. putting one stone (we're lively stones) upon another, which He said He will tear down when He returns.

So you have a variety of sins in the body, committed from not knowing the law or the Spirit of it, such as putting another man in the bed (place of rest and reproduction) between the Spirit of the Lord and what should be HIS bride/souls, which as the sin of David who desired another man's wife and was willing to kill her husband to obtain her. Which is really the sin of Jezebel and Ahab who wanted another man's VINEYARD for his own and was willing to provide false witnesses and kill to get it. Peace
Thanks for trying. I don't see how this relates to my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I was asking what the characteristics are of the inner man who is the overcomer. Are you saying that you believe the distinguishing characteristic is that it is studious?

I'm personally gonna go with the characteristics like patient, kind, gentle, forgiving, self-governing, etc., etc., etc.

It's that simple to me. If there is a certain "infilling" of this Spirit which presents itself in healing and such, I'm going to determine it is truly the Spirit if it also exhibits all those other characteristics. If a person is also led to study Jewish feasts and law, it is not because those things possess some inherent ability to transform and overcome, but simply that that is how God has chosen to communicate with that particular person at that particular time.

Aisi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 08:50 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
. If a person is also led to study Jewish feasts and law, it is not because those things possess some inherent ability to transform and overcome, but simply that that is how God has chosen to communicate with that particular person at that particular time.

Aisi.

I would disagree.

We are talking about two separate religions. One religion is of Babylon and they spend a great deal of time and money keeping the ways of Babylon through the year. The other group spends time and money through the year in the religion of God and they do progress through the feasts. All the parables concern the feasts, if you know the feasts well enough, then you learn the parables and the parables teach you exactly what to do in order to progress.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would disagree.

We are talking about two separate religions. One religion is of Babylon and they spend a great deal of time and money keeping the ways of Babylon through the year. The other group spends time and money through the year in the religion of God and they do progress through the feasts. All the parables concern the feasts, if you know the feasts well enough, then you learn the parables and the parables teach you exactly what to do in order to progress.

Your opinion, Hannibal, based on your faith in a book, and in your interpretation of that book. Again, if studying those things is developing the characteristics of the spirit of God/love in you, great. But plenty of people exhibit those characteristics at a high level who have nothing to do with studying your book, in your way. That's my point.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Your opinion, Hannibal, based on your faith in a book, and in your interpretation of that book. Again, if studying those things is developing the characteristics of the spirit of God/love in you, great. But plenty of people exhibit those characteristics at a high level who have nothing to do with studying your book, in your way. That's my point.
People who have the Holy spirit can lay hands on people and heal them, they can curse anyone they choose and whatever they ask of God, it will be given to them.

Comparing the Christianity and it's fruits of today have nothing to do with the disciples who received the power of the Holy spirit and then went out and healed the blind, the lame, and they raised the dead because they actually had the power of the Holy spirit.

I believe everyone has a portion of spirit, but you can't really name one single person who has the spirit of Shavuot and that spirit was shared from hand to hand until all the people who believed in Shavuot were killed off.

Everyone who received was killed until there was no more spirit as at the first, and not one person can ask what they will and expect to receive what they ask.

There is no way to compare the spirit of today with what actually happened back then. Having said that, there are instructions, there is a path that leads to an anointing if one does what is required to obtain it. Unfortunately, people don't know what to do to obtain an anointing and if you told them, they wouldn't believe it.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
People who have the Holy spirit can lay hands on people and heal them, they can curse anyone they choose and whatever they ask of God, it will be given to them.

Comparing the Christianity and it's fruits of today have nothing to do with the disciples who received the power of the Holy spirit and then went out and healed the blind, the lame, and they raised the dead because they actually had the power of the Holy spirit.

I believe everyone has a portion of spirit, but you can't really name one single person who has the spirit of Shavuot and that spirit was shared from hand to hand until all the people who believed in Shavuot were killed off.

Everyone who received was killed until there was no more spirit as at the first, and not one person can ask what they will and expect to receive what they ask.

There is no way to compare the spirit of today with what actually happened back then. Having said that, there are instructions, there is a path that leads to an anointing if one does what is required to obtain it. Unfortunately, people don't know what to do to obtain an anointing and if you told them, they wouldn't believe it.
Your belief, based on a book and only on a book, because you say NO ONE has that spirit today, therefore you have not observed this. You're simply choosing to believe that these things actually did happen, and can/will happen again. Maybe it's true, and maybe it's not. But if person is going around CURSING people, even if that curse DOES come to pass, that IS NOT the spirit of the God who is love operating in and through them. So, yes, the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, etc. -- not cursing) very much has everything to do with knowing what spirit is operating within a person. And if the spirit of God is operating within a person, and they are walking in that spirit, why do you think that it is not those people who would, eventually, be the ones bringing healing to others?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Your belief, based on a book and only on a book, because you say NO ONE has that spirit today, therefore you have not observed this. You're simply choosing to believe that these things actually did happen, and can/will happen again. Maybe it's true, and maybe it's not. But if person is going around CURSING people, even if that curse DOES come to pass, that IS NOT the spirit of the God who is love operating in and through them. So, yes, the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, etc. -- not cursing) very much has everything to do with knowing what spirit is operating within a person.

I do believe those things happened. I believed Jesus was raised from the dead, and I believe those disciples received power and they went out and actually raised the dead, healed the blind and the lame as evidence that they received the power that had been promised. I believe Lazarus was in a grave for days and he came out. I believe a disciple was transported from one place to the next instantly. I believe that there is a second promise of this spirit, and when it is given, men will become like angels.

I also believe that we can do things to receive an anointing to learn but that there are requirements.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,943 times
Once we have received The Holy Spirit, we Have Him in His entirety. We cannot get "more" of Him, but we can have more power and awareness of His presence and guidance thru submitting our wills to Him on a more consistent basis. This will lead to more peace, joy, and effective witness for God. Disobedience will limit our access to Him.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I do believe those things happened. I believed Jesus was raised from the dead, and I believe those disciples received power and they went out and actually raised the dead, healed the blind and the lame as evidence that they received the power that had been promised. I believe Lazarus was in a grave for days and he came out. I believe a disciple was transported from one place to the next instantly. I believe that there is a second promise of this spirit, and when it is given, men will become like angels.
Yes, I understand that is your belief. I'm not saying you're wrong.

Quote:
I also believe that we can do things to receive an anointing to learn but that there are requirements.
And you think that one of those requirements is studying the Jewish feasts and whatnot. But, you acknowledge that those feasts are symbolism, and that the feasts themselves do not have any magical properties to impart power to people. God is capable of communicating with people in the way that speaks to them, and I have zero reason to think that God has confined Godself to a Jewish communication box.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, I understand that is your belief. I'm not saying you're wrong.

And you think that one of those requirements is studying the Jewish feasts and whatnot. But, you acknowledge that those feasts are symbolism, and that the feasts themselves do not have any magical properties to impart power to people. God is capable of communicating with people in the way that speaks to them, and I have zero reason to think that God has confined Godself to a Jewish communication box.
Those 7 feasts and the 8th day of Tabernacles has all the magical properties in the world to actually impart power to people even today.

Those disciples were sternly warned about counting the omer and being in prayer right up to the day when we are instructed to ask particular things of God on his appointed visitation days to his bride.

A spirit fell on the ones who were prepared and nobody on Earth has that spirit which was very particular to Pentecost. That spirit was shared from hand to hand until there were no more hands to share it to. It wasn't just given to anyone and especially not to people who rejected Pesach and it's conclusion day,'' Shavuot.''

If counting the omer and staying in prayer waiting for the promise gave the promise, then it had everything to do with what religion you are in. Most of the people who say that they have the Holy spirit of Shavuot, those same people will instruct you not to prepare for it's coming. Those same people will have you completely unaware of your appointed visitation days when God comes closer to you than at any other time, and we can say that this doesn't matter to the gentile, but it does matter to Ephraim and Judah to whom the covenants belong.

Christ's Eternal Priesthood ~ Hebrews 8
…3Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. So it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer. 4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests to offer gifts according to the Law. 5They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. That is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle, “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”…

Jesus specifically went to heaven to officiate the priesthood on the exact dates we are given in God's instructions. Every year on Rosh Hashanah, Jesus comes as the high priest and your name will be spoken and written within one of 3 books, and this year there is going to be a decision on your head.

This year, thrones will be set in place and you will be standing in heavenly realms as your name is spoken and the judgment handed down.

Millions of people had been preparing 3 weeks before this day and when the eve comes, you find millions in solemn prayer because they know what is taking place.

Millions of people sealed in their head and right hand, just as was promised.

People do receive great things if they accept God's appointed days but how would you debate it with people who don't know the 7 feasts of Jesus and what they are for, and what they give?

There has been and always will be a difference between the people who love the commandments and the people who don't.

I could tell people shocking stories of what happened to me but I would just look like a foolish madman that is making things up. I have no power to heal anyone, but something did happen to me after I found a promise and went after it. God is not without proof.

God could be proven to anyone who is willing to make great sacrifices, and the feasts teach of what these sacrifices are.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:01 PM

How does one explain to another person that a spirit will actually come to that person, and that when that spirit is awakened, or when he comes, your life will change forever? There is no way to explain an anointing to a person who has never received an anointing but by learning the feast days I learned what the parables was asking me to do and I went out and did that very thing.

I could line up my whole family to testify because they were all involved because everyone of them had the same dream in the same night and as they kept waking up, they went back to the same dream.

The reason dreams and visions come is because it is the only thing that assures the person and his family that he has not gone mad, even they begin to think they are mad instead. They begin to wonder if it is an evil spirit because you can't explain it to them because at the time, you don't even know what is happening because it is nothing like anyone would have expected.

This is what happens.

Matthew 24

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand 16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days

YOU are the Temple, and when and if this ever happens to you, ''woe unto those with children and weaning children,'' because they all come as children on milk.

Staying on the housetop has nothing to do with being on a roof, and running to the mountains don't have anything to do with real mountains.

The urgency being expressed here is because there is a timeline, and unless those days had not been shortened, no person would make it to the other side.

We are shown the 42 months over and over and the 3 and a half years over and over just as Elijah had his 42 months and just as Jesus had his, there remains 3 and a half years once somebody has received the spirit of Elijah for 42 months.

This 7 year covenant is explained but the ancient preconceived ideas of it are twisted.

Daniel 9

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:{7 YEARS} and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is a 7 year covenant in which you walk as the vain prophet until you realize that he is the abomination.

We are instructed and told what happens when we have seen the abomination within ourselves so that we have a chance to overcome it, but how does a person even begin if he never begins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity