Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,005 times

Advertisements

Scripture says that those who serve God will dwell in God's holy place.

Scripture says to worship God and to only serve Him.

Do you agree that serving God is the only way into His holy place according to scripture ?

IE ;

"My chosen one's shall inherit my holy mountain, my servants shall dwell there."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

Do you agree that serving God is the only way into His holy place according to scripture ?

IE ;

"My chosen one's shall inherit my holy mountain, my servants shall dwell there."

This holy mountain is beyond the horizon.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:

IE ;

Perhaps what many will not agree on is what does SERVING mean?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:36 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
God help those who helps others ...... So you see people who never grow in the Lord , it is because they need to find their calling in helping others , see Heaven is attracted to charity in Jesus ..... and blessing others is charity

Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Perhaps what many will not agree on is what does SERVING mean?
Jesus and the son of man have said that it is one's words that forgive one's sin. And he has said to continue in His word and remain in His word so as to glorify God and go about as Jesus did by spreading God's word.

IE;

"As the Father sent me so I send you."

"The reason I was sent and the reason I came into the world is to testify the truth."

"I must go and spread the good news to the surrounding cities because this is why I was sent."

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

"I have glorified you by finishing the work you gave me."

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

Old 03-22-2017, 07:34 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Jesus and the son of man have said that it is one's words that forgive one's sin. And he has said to continue in His word and remain in His word so as to glorify God and go about as Jesus did by spreading God's word.
In this world, with all the awful behaviors and terrible treatment of people going on, how could anyone possibly think that what God wants from us is TALK????

Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In this world, with all the awful behaviors and terrible treatment of people going on, how could anyone possibly think that what God wants from us is TALK????
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it shall be given to you including the necessities of the flesh.
The Father takes care of His children. Make children.

Making disciple requires talk.

Teach the new disciple everything I have commanded you and Baptize them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God help those who helps others ...... So you see people who never grow in the Lord , it is because they need to find their calling in helping others , see Heaven is attracted to charity in Jesus ..... and blessing others is charity
If Jesus said to abide in Him and His word why do you fail to use it?

"If you continue in my word you are truly my discple, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Old 03-27-2017, 06:43 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,826 times
Quote:

IE ;

* Jesus said that many would kill - believing they did God a service.
* Jesus was publicly executed by a group of men who thought they were doing their nation a godly favor.
* Adolf Hitler called upon God to bless Germany.
* Donald Trump believes God will bless America.

It is a lie to assume you can get God's blessing just because you do something YOU think He'd approve of...

The Bible says that God has His own mind about such things. The Bible says that God does not think the way mankind thinks. Read the book of Genesis. Cain killed his brother Able because God accepted Able's sacrifice but rejected Cain's sacrifice. God has His own mind about what He accepts and what He doesn't accept. Because God has His own ideas about what constitutes service to Him, it therefore becomes a necessity on the part of one who wishes to please Him to discover what these things are. The Bible tells us.

Asking someone who knows little or nothing about the heart of God is like looking for fish in a tree. You will make a fool of yourself and gain nothing of substance for your effort.

If you want to know what pleases God, then read the Bible. This book is full of what God likes and dislikes and what He expects from us and what He doesn't. The book of Leviticus is full of such detailed knowledge, but few will make the effort to explore its pages. Like the fool who knows only his own addled mind, they prefer to act upon their own delusions - and gain nothing for their effort except frustration.

If you want to know the mind of a pretty girl or a handsome boy you spend time with them and learn from them. You will never learn by distant supposition. You must get to know a person and do it personally. If this is true for humans why should it be any different for God?

To know the mind of God one must study God's book - the Bible.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

ps God didn't bless Nazi Germany and He won't bless America. Why? Read His book and find out why.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
* Jesus said that many would kill - believing they did God a service.
* Jesus was publicly executed by a group of men who thought they were doing their nation a godly favor.
* Adolf Hitler called upon God to bless Germany.
* Donald Trump believes God will bless America.

It is a lie to assume you can get God's blessing just because you do something YOU think He'd approve of...

The Bible says that God has His own mind about such things. The Bible says that God does not think the way mankind thinks. Read the book of Genesis. Cain killed his brother Able because God accepted Able's sacrifice but rejected Cain's sacrifice. God has His own mind about what He accepts and what He doesn't accept. Because God has His own ideas about what constitutes service to Him, it therefore becomes a necessity on the part of one who wishes to please Him to discover what these things are. The Bible tells us.

Asking someone who knows little or nothing about the heart of God is like looking for fish in a tree. You will make a fool of yourself and gain nothing of substance for your effort.

If you want to know what pleases God, then read the Bible. This book is full of what God likes and dislikes and what He expects from us and what He doesn't. The book of Leviticus is full of such detailed knowledge, but few will make the effort to explore its pages. Like the fool who knows only his own addled mind, they prefer to act upon their own delusions - and gain nothing for their effort except frustration.

If you want to know the mind of a pretty girl or a handsome boy you spend time with them and learn from them. You will never learn by distant supposition. You must get to know a person and do it personally. If this is true for humans why should it be any different for God?

To know the mind of God one must study God's book - the Bible.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

ps God didn't bless Nazi Germany and He won't bless America. Why? Read His book and find out why.
"No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity