Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

(2) Feet stinked then as they do now?
Unlikely as they didn't wear the germ incubators we call shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 09:05 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Unlikely as they didn't wear the germ incubators we call shoes.
I've worn sandals in the urban parts of the Middle East and can fully understand why there are locations to wash one's feet before entering a house of worship.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
It is simply an assertion to say that the books were written 60 (or more) later.

The nature of history is that the time of written cannot be confirmed, especially under the circumstance that no one is keeping the original scrolls.

Moreover, you don't read the Bible do you? All Jesus' disciples chose to fleet at first, even Peter chose to deny. Perhaps only John witnessed the execution. The execution was done within a day after the arrest. No one was pointing figure to Jesus and His group of followers except for Judas, while he regretted write after Jesus' death. You don't even read Jewish laws, do you? You need at least 2 witnesses in order to accuse someone permitting a crime. Even today's prosecution system will choose to abort in the lack of valid evidence and the lack of valid witnesses.

Jesus was executed because Sanhedrin managed to find enough 'witnesses' to do false witnessing against Jesus. As long as Jesus was executed, no one would like to further arrest anyone as it is said the even Pilate didn't want the death of Jesus. The portrayed situation is that prosecution itself is not legitimate or else the execution won't be in such a short time. Today's prosecution system never put anyone to death right after the arrest, or does it? To simply put, the Jews in charge only wanted Jesus' death, then case closed!
That's where I get the, something is askew. Looking at the gospel account from an indifferent perspective. Certain asspects the narrator emphasized are eerily presented. For instance the crowd calling for a crucifixtion. Seemed more like a consensus presented to a single man that would decide Christ fate.
Was this the practice of a Roman court of justice. I can't imagine how disheartening that environment could be. A popular vote void of ethical and moral prerogative.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:54 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
we have to love them , we have to pray for them !! we don't have to falsely unite with that kind of error or follow them to their destruction in what they are about to do to Our Father God and his son . either do we have to do that with the false churches who errors are in the same way !!
when he take the sticks to unite them , you will know it !! but don't do it in the flesh or in their temple because it won't end well!

Jesus supposedly already took the stick of Judah and Ephraim and made them one stick or else nobody in their right mind would claim Jesus brought a new covenant. The new covenant is only for Ephraim and Judah when a Messiah comes to take the two to make one man, one servant.

Ezekiel
One Nation with One King
…16"And you, son of man, take for yourself one stick and write on it, 'For Judah and for the sons of Israel, his companions'; then take another stick and write on it, 'For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and all the house of Israel, his companions.' 17"Then join them for yourself one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand. 18"When the sons of your people speak to you saying, 'Will you not declare to us what you mean by these?'…

Ephesians
One in Christ
…13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. 14For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one

1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2

One in Christ
11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

A Temple in the Lord

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Here is Hosea showing how the Northern kingdom of Ephraim was ended and sent into the nations to become gentiles which they already had a start at becoming.

Hosea promises that these lost gentiles of Ephraim would return and Paul CLEARLY explains the coming of Messiah betrothing himself to the lost gentiles of Ephraim to whom God declared,'' You are not my people and I will not be your God.''

In The same place it was said to them that they were not God's people in the valley of Jezreel, it was told to them,'' YE ARE THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD.''

The promise of the coming of Jesus.

Hosea's Wife and Children
…10Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, "You are not My people," It will be said to them, "You are the sons of the living God." 11And the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel will be gathered together, And they will appoint for themselves one leader, And they will go up from the land, For great will be the day of Jezreel.

Paul explaining how Jesus made one stick out of the gentiles of Ephraim and Judah when he is showing how gentiles fill the void of the lost Ephraim, and Paul is a member of the lost ten tribes being one of the 7000 reserved in Ephraim.

The calling of Gentiles to fill the void of Ephraim who became gentiles where God had said to them,'' YE ARE NOT MY PEOPLE.''

Romans 9
24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Jesus ALREADY CAME TAKING THE STICK OF JUDAH AND THE STICK OF EPHRAIM TO MAKE THEM ONE STICK IN HIS HAND UNDER ONE MESSIAH.

The promise of betrothal to the ten tribes who became gentiles.~~God's mercy to Ephraim and his promised betrothal to which John was sent out as a friend to the bridegroom.

Hosea 2
God's Mercy to Israel
14Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
15And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
16And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.
21And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

BUT AGAIN, They did the same thing they ALWAYS DO, they rejected the covenant, they rejected the harvest and feasts of God, they rejected Jerusalem, they rejected Judah and they created their own harvests and sacrifices just as Cain had done, just as every gentile who ever lived next to the seed of God had done.

They rejected God after he had given them great power and then that power was taken away and they were left naked having no covering, no power.

The stick of Judah and Ephraim was once again broken in two and now we sit here and wait for the gentile to return and become one with Jews again, as if that is ever going to happen. It will happen but only after God has rained down his spirit on Jews and people who love his Torah, and then they will say,'' Give us this light, give us this power,'' and the answer will be,'' No.''

Old 04-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
It is simply an assertion to say that the books were written 60 (or more) later.

The nature of history is that the time of written cannot be confirmed, especially under the circumstance that no one is keeping the original scrolls.

Moreover, you don't read the Bible do you? All Jesus' disciples chose to fleet at first, even Peter chose to deny. Perhaps only John witnessed the execution. The execution was done within a day after the arrest. No one was pointing figure to Jesus and His group of followers except for Judas, while he regretted write after Jesus' death. You don't even read Jewish laws, do you? You need at least 2 witnesses in order to accuse someone permitting a crime. Even today's prosecution system will choose to abort in the lack of valid evidence and the lack of valid witnesses.

Jesus was executed because Sanhedrin managed to find enough 'witnesses' to do false witnessing against Jesus. As long as Jesus was executed, no one would like to further arrest anyone as it is said the even Pilate didn't want the death of Jesus. The portrayed situation is that prosecution itself is not legitimate or else the execution won't be in such a short time. Today's prosecution system never put anyone to death right after the arrest, or does it? To simply put, the Jews in charge only wanted Jesus' death, then case closed!
Yet it still comes down to that most of them escaped out into the world.
What Happened to the Twelve Apostles and How Did They Die?

And this is where I leave this forum to prepare for Passover.
Take Care
Pruz

Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yet it still comes down to that most of them escaped out into the world.
What Happened to the Twelve Apostles and How Did They Die?

And this is where I leave this forum to prepare for Passover.
Take Care
Pruz
Take care man, have a blessed Pesach and remember to say a prayer for a wretched gentile sinner, ''This year in Jerusalem Bro, THIS YEAR IN JERUSALEM, give all the family my regards and may a Passover miracle happen for you, can't wait till you get back.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Take care man, have a blessed Pesach and remember to say a prayer for a wretched gentile sinner, ''This year in Jerusalem Bro, THIS YEAR IN JERUSALEM, give all the family my regards and may a Passover miracle happen for you, can't wait till you get back.
Actually this is the first year I didn't fly to Yisrael and spend Pesach in Yerushalayim in over 30 years. Thus I'm a little rusty on dealing with the chametz issue. I have a non-Jewish friend coming over to take whatever they want and then I'll do a burning tomorrow morning while it's nice a cool outside.

Take Care.

For people who don't know what we're talking about:
https://www.thoughtco.com/preparing-for-pesach-2076948

Old 04-06-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Actually this is the first year I didn't fly to Yisrael and spend Pesach in Yerushalayim in over 30 years. Thus I'm a little rusty on dealing with the chametz issue. I have a non-Jewish friend coming over to take whatever they want and then I'll do a burning tomorrow morning while it's nice a cool outside.

Take Care.

For people who don't know what we're talking about:
https://www.thoughtco.com/preparing-for-pesach-2076948
So sad you didn't get to go, but wherever you are, there you are lol. Let your own house be the temple like that curious wooden alter in Ezekiel's temple. I have heard that the coffeee table in the Jew's house is like that curious wooden table in the house of Ezekiel.

God will still be there even if it isn't in Jerusalem.

''Let my people go.''

Old 04-06-2017, 01:29 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Their whole kingdom they built for themselves is an affront, with the Jezebel spirit ruling over them all. They just don't know it. Peace
The kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 is built by: God.
That is the kingdom which Jesus mentioned when he prayed ' thy kingdom come.....' or ' God's kingdom come.....'

Christendom ( so-called Christian mostly in name only ) has that Jezebel spirit, etc, governing over them.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 is built by: God.
That is the kingdom which Jesus mentioned when he prayed ' thy kingdom come.....' or ' God's kingdom come.....'

Christendom ( so-called Christian mostly in name only ) has that Jezebel spirit, etc, governing over them.
Sadly true. In a sense. Yet endurance is given to those who know.

All the more reason to pray.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-06-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity