Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Rbb1, I don't deny that tongues MAY be a gift. But it is only a gift if it arises from love. So is preaching. So is praying. I've seen them in a woman filled with love. And I've heard them testified to in the postings of Miss Hepburn, who DOES believe that love must be the center of one's life.

So explain to us why no one else sees Jesus in your "testimony." Could it possibly be that it is because He isn't the center of your life. For if He were, then your emphasis would always be on His love and acceptance, and your TRUST would be in Him to work in the lives of others as He so desires.

Your continued kicking against the goads indicates LACK of a spirit-filled life.

I don't attend church--well, maybe half-dozen times last year and once this year. I have nothing to "prove" to anyone. I am a huge sinner, who is grateful for the Love of God that passes all understanding. Because of that, love is the theme I give to others. I have no reason to speak harshly to anyone except the Pharisees whom Jesus spoke harshly to. Go back and read that Bible and tell us when Jesus ever spoke rudely toward anyone----yup, those Pharisees, (religionists), who tried to make everything more difficult for us "ungodly" sinners.

I can never do enough to please God to let me into Heaven. In fact, I leave Heaven or Hell to Him and have little to say about either. That's His business. My business is to show God's love to all those people who stand in the muck of sin with me--to give them hope---not try to confuse them with feasts and circles and all those things you constantly try to inhibit sinners with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHFhpz00YQ

They pushed back from the table
To listen to His words,
His secret plan before He had to go.
It's not complicated;
Don't need a lot of rules,
This is all you'll need to know.
Loving God, loving each other,
Making music with my friends;
Loving God, loving each other,
And the music never ends.

The above is consistent with Jesus' life and with His rejection of the hardships imposed by Pharisees.

Matt 11:28-30

Loving God, loving each other---that's all He asks of each of us.

Yup, those Pharisees.....who slit the throats (between the altar and the temple is the throat) and who won't enter in themselves, and keep others from entering in as well. Peace

Luke 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 03:34 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Simon Bar Kochba fullfillex more...
No he didn't.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:50 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,958 times
Quote:
That would be prophecied in the Tanakh also, but it's not...
First of all you don't know that it would be prophesied in the OT.

Second it is prophesied if you accept Jesus as the Messiah. Zech 14:4

Old 06-06-2017, 04:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No he didn't.
Yes...He did...

Old 06-08-2017, 03:42 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No he didn't.
Quote:
Yes...He did...
He loves me ...he loves me not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity