Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
For all people have sin , and have fallen short for God and His blessing of eternal life , where God gives us Jesus Christ who was killed on the cross an innocent man because of sin , ....So if we repent and turn from sin and turn to Jesus Christ who is the living God , then our sin will be forgiven , and Jesus promise to raise us up for eternal life
Speaking on behalf of yourself I hope...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 07:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,342 times
As scripture say, the Lord says; "The person who sins shall die."

"The righteousness of the upright is their own and the wickedness of the wicked is their own."

Ezekiel 18:20 "The person who sins shall die. A child shall not suffer for the iniquity of a parent, nor a parent suffer for the iniquity of a child; the righteousness of the righteous shall be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be his own."

Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,309,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Its religion code talk, the answer usually sound like jibberish to atheists, it did when I was atheist.
ACtually it still does when it comes in the form of verbatim bible quotes.

It sounded like jibberish to me, too, during my decades-long bout with atheism. All I heard was, "blah blah blah Jesus." It was all Greek to me.

Then God opened my heart and now I know the Truth.

Until God opens your heart and you seek Him with an honest desire to know and understand Him, no amount of posts in a CD forum thread will answer your question to your satisfaction.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,612,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
It sounded like jibberish to me, too, during my decades-long bout with atheism. All I heard was, "blah blah blah Jesus." It was all Greek to me.

Then God opened my heart and now I know the Truth.

Until God opens your heart and you seek Him with an honest desire to know and understand Him, no amount of posts in a CD forum thread will answer your question to your satisfaction.
So during your decades long bout with atheism, you opened your heart to something you didn't believe in or did god open you heart first?

Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,036,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So during your decades long bout with atheism, you opened your heart to something you didn't believe in or did god open you heart first?
It is a curiosity to me that an atheist would become religious. I would have to assume the person was not once religious, considered the concept of his religious belief through critical thinking and thereby became an atheist, and then reconsidered and once again became religious. It could happen that way, but I would think it would be very rare.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,077,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It is called a ransom. Adam cost us our lives by his actions. Jesus bought back the lives of those who believe in and follow him. He paid the price to buy us back.

Jesus words:

Matthew 20:28 28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Two things.

1. A ransom
2. For the many not everyone.
Where does it stare that Adam cost us our lives?...Since he was created mortal...

Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Blood for Blood or there is no forgiveness of sins.
Not true...

Quote:
IN the verse below, the priest referred to is Jesus

Leviticus 4:35 And all its fat he shall remove cast the fat of the lamb is removed from the sacrifice of peace offerings, and the priest shall burn it on the altar, on top of the Lord’s food offerings. dAnd the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin which he has committed, and he shall be forgiven

Hebrews 9:22
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and fwithout the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins
Not accurate...

Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What I believe is that Jesus physical death on the cross was for the sins of physical Israel and it was the end of the old covenant .
Who was the New Covenant for?...

Old 04-26-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It appears you missed what I said about Adam. He represents our sinful nature. Since Adam, we sin by nature.
When has Adam ever been blamed for that?...

Old 04-26-2017, 09:59 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,256,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I have asked this question at a couple of websites and never gotten a good answer. I might as well go for it here. It isn't actually a Bible passage, per se, but I have often heard the term "Jesus died for your sins". For years this proclamation has perplexed me. How did Jesus's death have any effect on my sins? If Jesus had lived to a ripe old age and died of a heart attack, how would my sins be any different today in any real, discernable way?
First, you must understand two things:

1. Since Adam brought sin into the world, every human being is born into sin. It is impossible for us to be blameless, perfect or righteous.

2. God is perfectly just, holy and righteous. He cannot allow wrongdoing to go unpunished. If He did, He would be unjust.

So because of these two incompatible truths, God sent Jesus, His Son to be a perfect, unblemished sacrifice to die and take the penalty for our sin. It was the ultimate sacrifice of love.

So now you personally have the offering of Jesus' atonement to allow you to one day spend an eternity in the presence of God. If you love God than this is the most amazing news you've ever heard. I know it was for me.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity