Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 12:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do not worship satan, or view him as a god or a ruler.

Neither do I, nor did I say anything like that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 05:23 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Satan poses as every false god. Mislead mortals have distorted Gods truth.
Satan was a created angel being, powerful. He got jealous and wanted worship. He rebelled. and drags all he can down with him.
Think about this for a minute, will you?

Just before the moment satan discovered jealousy, did jealousy exist in god world? That place outside of time and space?

Something had to create and teach jealousy, right?

Who’s responsible for jealousy existing and why?

Seriously, take a moment an really think.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:37 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Think about this for a minute, will you?

Just before the moment satan discovered jealousy, did jealousy exist in god world? That place outside of time and space?

Something had to create and teach jealousy, right?

Who’s responsible for jealousy existing and why?

Seriously, take a moment an really think.

Since spirit beings cannot feel physical pain. They probably knew good and bad. God created mortals to know only good, never be sick or in pain. And his coming kingdom will accomplish that forever.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Satan is an angel (fallen), but still an angel, nothing more, nothing less...'inflating' him to the level he has these kinds of powers and abilities is just wrong.

What if I wanted the same thing, to be worshiped like God is...would I be granted all these abilities and powers to influence and tempt man kind as a whole?

The angel being was given dominion over the Garden( earth) Obviously 2nd in power of created beings-Michael being first. Very powerful. Jesus said satan rules this system of things. 1/3 of the angels fell to his deceptions. Those fallen angels were there before the universe was created. They have seen it all. They easily push mortal buttons to partake off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) and make it look-good, loving, sharing whatever it takes( 2Cor 11:12-15)--all through the bible-99% mislead-minimum( the only exception would have been when Israel stood strong ( They fell over and over.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Satan poses as every false god. Mislead mortals have distorted Gods truth.
Satan was a created angel being, powerful. He got jealous and wanted worship. He rebelled. and drags all he can down with him.
He built the pinnacle of the temple that religion worships called sin and death.

And the high tower that man stands on while exalting himself.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
The angel being was given dominion over the Garden( earth) Obviously 2nd in power of created beings-Michael being first. Very powerful. Jesus said satan rules this system of things. 1/3 of the angels fell to his deceptions. Those fallen angels were there before the universe was created. They have seen it all. They easily push mortal buttons to partake off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) and make it look-good, loving, sharing whatever it takes( 2Cor 11:12-15)--all through the bible-99% mislead-minimum( the only exception would have been when Israel stood strong ( They fell over and over.
EVERYTHING satan can do, EVERY power and ability he has....comes directly from God himself...GIVING satan these things!!!

I have a big problem with that, since that is NOT the behavior between adversaries/enemies. You may be asking yourself why God didnt just banish satan to some outer realm, where he has NO contact with anything or anyone, now that is the behavior of enemies, trying to weaken the other or defeat them.

Satan has corrupted this world...because God has allowed him to!!!

Old 10-24-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
EVERYTHING satan can do, EVERY power and ability he has....comes directly from God himself...GIVING satan these things!!!

I have a big problem with that, since that is NOT the behavior between adversaries/enemies. You may be asking yourself why God didnt just banish satan to some outer realm, where he has NO contact with anything or anyone, now that is the behavior of enemies, trying to weaken the other or defeat them.

Satan has corrupted this world...because God has allowed him to!!!

God created man to know only good, to live forever. Never sick or aging( as we do now)--Mortal man( Adam-Eve) chose this system, it is NOT Gods will. Satan raised issues against God in the Eden events. In front of all creation( 2 mortals, millions maybe billions of angel beings. He could have killed all 3 rebels on the spot. But he is letting it be proved, once and for all time, so it never occurs again. Do we as mortal creations need to choose with our free will to listen to Gods advice. Or is it better if we know both sides ourselves like in this system? We choose now with our actions.
Satan was given the power long before man was. In the events of Job, satan controlled the weather, made boils of some kind on Jobs body. His wealth was taken as well, and 10 children I think. He truly is ruling this system, because he fools mortals easily.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
God created man to know only good, to live forever. Never sick or aging( as we do now)--Mortal man( Adam-Eve) chose this system, it is NOT Gods will. Satan raised issues against God in the Eden events. In front of all creation( 2 mortals, millions maybe billions of angel beings. He could have killed all 3 rebels on the spot. But he is letting it be proved, once and for all time, so it never occurs again. Do we as mortal creations need to choose with our free will to listen to Gods advice. Or is it better if we know both sides ourselves like in this system? We choose now with our actions.
Satan was given the power long before man was. In the events of Job, satan controlled the weather, made boils of some kind on Jobs body. His wealth was taken as well, and 10 children I think. He truly is ruling this system, because he fools mortals easily.
Hmmm, the bible says God is a jealous god...what you described does not sound like something a jealous god would do.(allow something to 'play out' so man learns a lesson).

I used this analogy in another thread and it seems to fit very well....If I ALLOW a dangerous killer/predator access/contact with my children....when they are harmed, I am just as guilty for allowing it to happen.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, the bible says God is a jealous god...what you described does not sound like something a jealous god would do.(allow something to 'play out' so man learns a lesson).

I used this analogy in another thread and it seems to fit very well....If I ALLOW a dangerous killer/predator access/contact with my children....when they are harmed, I am just as guilty for allowing it to happen.

It wasn't so man would learn a lesson. It was so it never occurs again. 1/3 of the angels fell after the Eden events-They would have kept causing this kind of system on us. God always chooses correctly. This life and death is not permanent--The second death( lake of fire) will be permanent. So those who have died aren't actually dead( permanent). They will be resurrected. God always chooses correctly and justly.
If God killed the 3 rebels--the seed died with them and no one ever born would have been. God saw we all had that right from the first seed. God always chooses correctly.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
God created man to know only good, to live forever.
If that were the case, there would be no death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity