Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 10:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I believe people can receive all sorts of things, but if they do not line up with the principles in the Word, then they are of no value to your true spiritual condition and I discard them like yesterday's newspaper. Either G-d is the ultimate authority, or you have another G-d, that's the bottom line, really, it doesn't work any other way. Peace
You keep expecting people to live by "principles in the Word" but you understand those principals to be commands, edicts, demands, that a humanity of slavery either obeys or is destroyed. I get that--lots of people think in the exact same way. Of course, they overlook the Book of Job where a faithful man did nothing at all wrong and things went sour for him anyway.

But let me illustrate how Freedom in Christ differs from the chained perspective that you see.

If I went into a store here in Colorado and asked about buying a refrigerator for a $1000, our State laws require me to pay a 2.9% sales tax. It isn't an option. I do it or I won't get the refrigerator from the store.

But say I go out on the internet and buy the exact same refrigerator for the same $1000. In Colorado we have a "use" tax, that means if you buy goods that are shipped into the state you must pay a "use" tax equal to our state sales tax.

Now I don't have to declare a use tax on my return. I could keep the refrigerator and pocket the $29 that otherwise would have gone to Gov. Hickenlooper. But I can also choose to report the item as subject to the use tax. It's a law I can avoid but I CHOOSE to pay the tax because in my heart I know it is the right thing to do. It's not because I have to or that I would get caught. I make a CHOICE.

That's the difference between the religion you espouse as "required from God" and my religion that says God wants us to do so because it is RIGHT, not because He demands it. I choose to obey God because I love Him first, and my neighbor second, and I want to please Him while granting to others the grace God gave me to make that choice.

Your spiritual condition remains in a shambles until your life stems from gratitude to both God and those around you---whom He made--and it is God you do not trust to create them EQUAL TO YOU!! Now, as I stated, there may be some people who will not respond to God's plea that they serve Him in gratitude not from duty. That's a problem I can't solve. All I can do is keep pointing out how God Is Love and without love no man can claim Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UTV6vmDx-s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 11:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
God Is Love and without love no man can claim Christ.
And, if they can't love their neighbor whom they can see.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
You keep expecting people to live by "principles in the Word" but you understand those principals to be commands, edicts, demands, that a humanity of slavery either obeys or is destroyed. I get that--lots of people think in the exact same way. Of course, they overlook the Book of Job where a faithful man did nothing at all wrong and things went sour for him anyway.

But let me illustrate how Freedom in Christ differs from the chained perspective that you see.

If I went into a store here in Colorado and asked about buying a refrigerator for a $1000, our State laws require me to pay a 2.9% sales tax. It isn't an option. I do it or I won't get the refrigerator from the store.

But say I go out on the internet and buy the exact same refrigerator for the same $1000. In Colorado we have a "use" tax, that means if you buy goods that are shipped into the state you must pay a "use" tax equal to our state sales tax.

Now I don't have to declare a use tax on my return. I could keep the refrigerator and pocket the $29 that otherwise would have gone to Gov. Hickenlooper. But I can also choose to report the item as subject to the use tax. It's a law I can avoid but I CHOOSE to pay the tax because in my heart I know it is the right thing to do. It's not because I have to or that I would get caught. I make a CHOICE.

That's the difference between the religion you espouse as "required from God" and my religion that says God wants us to do so because it is RIGHT, not because He demands it. I choose to obey God because I love Him first, and my neighbor second, and I want to please Him while granting to others the grace God gave me to make that choice.

Your spiritual condition remains in a shambles until your life stems from gratitude to both God and those around you---whom He made--and it is God you do not trust to create them EQUAL TO YOU!! Now, as I stated, there may be some people who will not respond to God's plea that they serve Him in gratitude not from duty. That's a problem I can't solve. All I can do is keep pointing out how God Is Love and without love no man can claim Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UTV6vmDx-s

And, STILL, what you can't seem to comprehend, is that IT IS LOVE, that obeys, it is the servant/slave that was set free and CHOSE to have a nail drove through his ear (THE HEARING EAR GIVEN). Anything else, is just rebellion dressed up in nice clothes. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You riddler,are so sin conscious that you can onlysee THE ONE NEGATIVE ACT in the whole of 3 years of the ministry of Jesus. You should be ashamed of yourself,especially when you think so highly of yourself being whatever it is you think you are in respect to the scriptures.

That you see ANYTHING of correction that He did as NEGATIVE, IS THE PROBLEM. Rebellion always hates correction. And you always forget about Him prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem. Since G-d spoke everything into existence, and since Jesus said He ONLY spoke what He heard from the Father's mouth, WHO then, brought judgment through the mouth of His Son? Wake up; your one sided "love" is showing. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
What i do know from your posts along with any other fundamentaist post, is if anyoe posts anyting inconsistent with your prejudiced biased beliefs about the bible, they cannot looked by you to be a believer. You misssus rbbi are deceived, not so much about the bible but about the one it testifies of.

As I have repeatedly said, the ONLY criteria for who is a "Christian" and by that I mean not a label one chooses to cast over themselves, but one who has had the required new birth, is that we test the spirits like this: had Jesus Christ come in (your) flesh, because we are told only by the power of the Holy Ghost can any man say this.

Anything else is growth induced differences, as we NOT supposed to STAY babes, but grow in wisdom and stature as He did, via the Holy Ghost, who is SUPPOSED to be our Teacher. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I have respect for all people UNTIL an individual person demonstrates he/she is unworthy. It's what God does with everyone of us. RESPECTS us enough to give us free will and loves us enough to overcome our unworthiness. I think you require people to "EARN" respect from you. Perhaps you wish to wager your grace from God on the same basis from yourself.

YOU should try respecting people in similar manner as God. You might learn something.

This is really so off the mark I don't even know how to reply right off the bat.

Respect of persons, AT IT'S ROOT, is preferring the FLESH to the SPIRIT, and as such, it goes all the way back into the garden, where Eve (a type of our soul) preferred that which LOOKED GOOD (APPEARANCE REALM OF THE FLESH) over that which was Spirit (every Word/breath that proceeds from the mouth of G-d), that is NOT in the appearance realm.

It has NOTHING to do with the favor-currying "respect" men give to each other based on FLESHLY visible things, shared interests, shared opinions, worldly aspirations, who's a "good" Christian in your eyes, ect. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 10:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
That you see ANYTHING of correction that He did as NEGATIVE, IS THE PROBLEM. Rebellion always hates correction. And you always forget about Him prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem. Since G-d spoke everything into existence, and since Jesus said He ONLY spoke what He heard from the Father's mouth, WHO then, brought judgment through the mouth of His Son? Wake up; your one sided "love" is showing. Peace
It wasn't negative act, your use of it portrays it that way.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
It wasn't negative act, your use of it portrays it that way.
Too late to backtrack what you said. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Too late to backtrack what you said. Peace
I am not backtracking , how can that which is pure commit a seemingly negative act?.

Are you ever going to explain what the fullness of Christ means to you and how all the symbolism that you infatuated with is bringing to to it ?.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Less of yor excuses and please be christ like in being obliging to answer questions put to you.
Quote:
Which Christ? The one that forgave the woman or the one that overthrew the tables of the moneychangers? You seem to only know the one unless it suits you otherwise. Peace
You are making it sound like this was something Jesus Christ did on a regular basis. We know he was ruthless with fundamentalists like yourself, but never was he anything like that to those you think are condemned of God for not believing. Like i said you took one isolated incident and tried to portray it to be a common occurence. You majored on something, instead of majoring upon what the scripture portrayed him as.... And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

So to answer your question... Which Christ?, Not the one you believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity