Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you believe Jesus said everything attributed to Him?
No. But I do believe people have misinterpreted what others have said.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 03:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
That's correct. I never said differently.

Do you believe Jesus said everything attributed to Him?
Quote:
It helps you understand how much Jesus did for you. He died for your sins and redeemed you.
What was written years later can never be accurate. Like me writing what Truman said and I wasn't there and the only witness is 80 years old trying to recall what they "think" they heard.

No one can die for the sin of another...the OT said this numerous times..so either God lied or God changed....both of which God said is not possible.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:59 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What was written years later can never be accurate. Like me writing what Truman said and I wasn't there and the only witness is 80 years old trying to recall what they "think" they heard.

No one can die for the sin of another...the OT said this numerous times..so either God lied or God changed....both of which God said is not possible.
https://art-soulworks.com/pages/about-akiane-kramarik
If Jesus can help this 8 year old paint his portrait which by the way is nearly exact to the Shroud also someone else ..then he can have full grown men put the exact words he wants put on a piece of paper exactly as done and said with no problem. Because He is a real God !
you have no God and you are no god but your going to need one very soon.
because something Ugly this way comes.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No one can die for the sin of another...the OT said this numerous times.
Where does the Old Testament say this?

Old 05-13-2017, 05:25 PM

11,907 posts, read 3,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Where does the Old Testament say this?
Deuteronomy 24:16
"Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.

2 Kings 14:6
But the sons of the slayers he did not put to death, according to what is written in the book of the Law of Moses, as the LORD commanded, saying, "The fathers shall not be put to death for the sons, nor the sons be put to death for the fathers; but each shall be put to death for his own sin."

Isaiah 3:11
Woe to the wicked! It will go badly with him, For what he deserves will be done to him.

Ezekiel 18:4
"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.

Ezekiel 18:20
"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:59 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Deuteronomy 24:16
"Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.

2 Kings 14:6
But the sons of the slayers he did not put to death, according to what is written in the book of the Law of Moses, as the LORD commanded, saying, "The fathers shall not be put to death for the sons, nor the sons be put to death for the fathers; but each shall be put to death for his own sin."

Isaiah 3:11
Woe to the wicked! It will go badly with him, For what he deserves will be done to him.

Ezekiel 18:4
"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.

Ezekiel 18:20
"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
neither the sons or the Father is a perfect sacrifice for the other.
He promised Abraham years before that He would provide the perfect lamb at the perfect time.
that is what that whole exercise with Isaac was about. the perfect lamb at the perfect time.
they were not to have human sacrificing for another's sins period!!!! lambs , sheep and bulls yes .. there would come the perfect sacrifice at the perfect time. but human no.. not until the perfect one came once for all and that one was God so that he could gain the keys to hell and death .

Old 05-14-2017, 01:54 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Lay up your treasures in heaven.

Bible > NIV > Psalm 49
◄ Psalm 49 ►
New International Version
Psalm 49a

For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm.

1Hear this, all you peoples;
listen, all who live in this world,
2both low and high,
rich and poor alike:
3My mouth will speak words of wisdom;
the meditation of my heart will give you understanding.
4I will turn my ear to a proverb;
with the harp I will expound my riddle:
5Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround me—
6those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?
7No one can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for them—
8the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough—
9so that they should live on forever
and not see decay.
10For all can see that the wise die,
that the foolish and the senseless also perish,
leaving their wealth to others.
11Their tombs will remain their housesb forever,
their dwellings for endless generations,
though they hadc named lands after themselves.
12People, despite their wealth, do not endure;
they are like the beasts that perish.
13This is the fate of those who trust in themselves,
and of their followers, who approve their sayings.d
14They are like sheep and are destined to die;
death will be their shepherd
(but the upright will prevail over them in the morning).
Their forms will decay in the grave,
far from their princely mansions.
15But God will redeem me from the realm of the dead;
he will surely take me to himself.
16Do not be overawed when others grow rich,
when the splendor of their houses increases;
17for they will take nothing with them when they die,
their splendor will not descend with them.
18Though while they live they count themselves blessed—
and people praise you when you prosper—
19they will join those who have gone before them,
who will never again see the light of life.
20People who have wealth but lack understanding
are like the beasts that perish

Old 05-14-2017, 05:55 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
https://art-soulworks.com/pages/about-akiane-kramarik
If Jesus can help this 8 year old paint his portrait which by the way is nearly exact to the Shroud also someone else ..then he can have full grown men put the exact words he wants put on a piece of paper exactly as done and said with no problem. Because He is a real God !
you have no God and you are no god but your going to need one very soon.
because something Ugly this way comes.
We all have a picture in our mind of what God is and we paint the world with it. I like to paint from the palette of unconditional forgiveness, faith expressed through love, and that color which is my favorite color >>> to see God in all..

Old 05-14-2017, 11:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We all have a picture in our mind of what God is and we paint the world with it. I like to paint from the palette of unconditional forgiveness, faith expressed through love, and that color which is my favorite color >>> to see God in all...
In the winds of change, we find new direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxTSoiqXg0

Old 05-14-2017, 11:31 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In the winds of change, we find new direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxTSoiqXg0

Wow, what a powerful message. There's no one to change but ourselves. As we change so does the world around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity