Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:59 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You don't have any idea what you are talking about, nor are you in position to judge me over something you know nothing about, ie. my walk. And you have rejected the scriptures steadfastly on here, NOT just my interpretation of them, continually even in this thread dissing the book, so don't back peddle now just to try to heap it all on me. I think this is the end of this conversation. Peace
I am not dissing the book by saying it is not what you claim it is. That is what you hear when anyone challenges you beliefs. Quote me dissing the book if I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 08:51 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am not dissing the book by saying it is not what you claim it is. That is what you hear when anyone challenges you beliefs. Quote me dissing the book if I have.
When one has spent the better part of their life immersed in certain interpretations of scripture, they cannot step outside that conditioning and accept an alternate interpretation. Their interpretation becomes the given in the inner consciousness, also known as the only truth. They will always see alternate interpretations as a rejection of their source and truth, NOT their interpretation, pcamps. At best, we can pray for them and ourselves in the hope that all who are called by the Father to follow Christ are on the right track for them.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 PM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Hey Mystic, glad to see you back, I was meaning to say hey, hey.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:16 AM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hey Mystic, glad to see you back, I was meaning to say hey, hey.
Thank you, brother!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When one has spent the better part of their life immersed in certain interpretations of scripture, they cannot step outside that conditioning and accept an alternate interpretation. Their interpretation becomes the given in the inner consciousness, also known as the only truth. They will always see alternate interpretations as a rejection of their source and truth, NOT their interpretation, pcamps. At best, we can pray for them and ourselves in the hope that all who are called by the Father to follow Christ are on the right track for them.

No, I will always see untruths that don't line up with the Word and the Spirit, as untruths, not to be accepted as "alternate interpretations". Peace

Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations ִקְרָא] miqrâʼ, even these are my feasts. - Leviticus 23:1-2

Old 05-24-2017, 04:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations ִקְרָא] miqrâʼ, even these are my feasts. - Leviticus 23:1-2
Amen

Beautiful choice of color.
Certainly a subject in of itself concerning instructions from the Lord.
Still learning here.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:54 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
https://bannerministries.wordpress.c...nce-in-heaven/

When the Incense was being offered in the Temple, all the people withdrew and there was 30 minutes of silence.

The book,'' The Temple,'' by Edersheim is one of the greatest books ever written in my opinion.

Page 67

''Next one of the assistance reverently spread the coals on the golden altar; the other arranged the incense; and then the chief officiating priest was left alone in the Holy place to await the signal of the president before burning the incense, it was probably while thus expectant that the angel Gabriel appeared to Zacharias. As the president gave the word of command, which marked that the time ' MULTITUDE OF PEOPLE WITHOUT' WITHDREW FROM THE INNER COURT, AND FELL DOWN BEFORE THE LORD, SPREADING THEIR HANDS IN SILENT PRAYER.

It is the most solemn period, when throughout the entire vast Temple buildings deep in silence rested on the worshipping multitude.
Ahh generosity.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Beautiful choice of color.
If you like imperial purple.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:36 PM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you like imperial purple.
That's like Fuschia.

What are you doing lurking around in my playground anyway?

Be gone with you,'' Says I.''

Nah, c'mere and give us a brotherly kiss and words of wisdom.

I want a good one too, I need something right now or I swear Jerwade, you will be sorry.

I will put Pin on you and you will really be sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity