Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will all humans go to heaven where we will all be the same?
Yes 1 3.23%
No 22 70.97%
There are 3 sections of Heaven and Everyone will not be the same 5 16.13%
What kind of God blesses one human over the other? There is no special groups. 4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:37 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Then you don't know what firstfruit means, and this is understandable if somebody isn't familiar with Jewish stuff.
…18For I tell you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.” 19And He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body, given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 20In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you.…

The Land

Bikkurim to Shavout.
Wheat, barley, grape wine,
figs, pomegranates,
olive oil,
dates

Bring a neighbor to the Altar and you have a double omer count?
2 measures of seed.

Blessings always.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-25-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 01:44 PM

11,909 posts, read 3,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That's really the whole problem with Christianity nearly, is that it doesn't understand the Jewish foundation that was laid, nor the Jewish idioms, nor the Jewish feasts, ect. How can you understand a book written about another book, when you didn't understand the first one? You can't. It takes a concerted effort to "catch up", when you're not seeing firsthand with Jews what is going on every day as a way of life, and few are willing to make the effort. And He knew that after 2000 years of a breach, that few would. Peace
The book that was written to the Hebrews was taken over by a disobedient people, Jesus came to rescue his people from that system, Christianity as a whole has become a disobedient people.

Just because God is calling his people out from Babylon, doesn't mean he wants them to go back into Egypt.

The new is not found in being a "Jew" or being a "Christian"

Old 05-25-2017, 01:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The book that was written to the Hebrews was taken over by a disobedient people, Jesus came to rescue his people from that system, Christianity as a whole has become a disobedient people.

Just because God is calling his people out from Babylon, doesn't mean he wants them to go back into Egypt.

The new is not found in being a "Jew" or being a "Christian"

Jesus did not come to rescue people from the system or worship that His Father established. He came to rescue people from the tyranny of the people that were using it for their own self gain, and give them the Spirit to understand how to walk it out with understanding for themselves. He did not come to create a new religion. Peace

Old 05-25-2017, 02:06 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Jesus did not come to rescue people from the system or worship that His Father established. He came to rescue people from the tyranny of the people that were using it for their own self gain, and give them the Spirit to understand how to walk it out with understanding for themselves. He did not come to create a new religion. Peace

Amen.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:07 PM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Yes I know that. just because you believe your interpretation of things doesn't make them true,

I am allowed an opinion because I am in Judaism and I know my religion.

What you are reading are things written and spoken about converts to Judaism.

I practice Judaism, I study the feasts, the ways of the Temple, the law, and so I DO have an opinion, an interpretation.

I am really not trying to offend you, I am just saying that I have an opinion of my own religion, but you are not in Judaism, you probably don't study the feasts and all the Jewish idioms, traditions and rituals of my religion, but you will debate me from your religion. Can you understand my point?

Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
You are right that he did not come to make a new religion but he did come to do away with the old religion.

Gods kingdom is not about religion, it is about spirit and truth which was testified about in the Hebrew Scriptures, he told the Jews they NEED to come to him for life....... you trying to physically tie yourself to Jews without them recognizing THEIR saviour and OUR saviour will not bring in Gods kingdom, which is a new creation in Christ.

The physical temple in physical Jerusalem pointed to the spiritual, once the spiritual came which is Jesus the man, raised by the spirit you we are told not to Look back to the old.(lots wife) ..... we now are part of the the new temple which is christs body in the spirit ...... nothing to do with going to heaven, it is the process of God through his spirit, in Christ, in his people then being all in all.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I am allowed an opinion because I am in Judaism and I know my religion.

What you are reading are things written and spoken about converts to Judaism.

I practice Judaism, I study the feasts, the ways of the Temple, the law, and so I DO have an opinion, an interpretation.

I am really not trying to offend you, I am just saying that I have an opinion of my own religion, but you are not in Judaism, you probably don't study the feasts and all the Jewish idioms, traditions and rituals of my religion, but you will debate me from your religion. Can you understand my point?
And I am not trying to offend you lol

You can be in Judaism, but Jesus said search the scriptures because in them you THINK you have life, but they testify OF me.

It is not about going back to Judaism, it is about the new, both being one in Christ

Old 05-25-2017, 02:23 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,079,705 times
Quote:
[...]

I mean, I don't believe in a hell like some Christians, I know God is all merciful just like Jonah knew, but I was sure there were 3 sections of heaven, and today I found out that there isn't, and that we will all be the same in heaven, there will be no elite groups who have obtained special rewards, and there is no hell where anyone will be punished.

Brothers, sisters, praise God, Praise God, it has now come to an end.
There is no mercy in allowing evil to exist when it doesn't have to. Let alone is there any omni-mercy in it.
And if evil will not exist in the future, it didn't have to exist in the past. What is this procrastination, except the opposite of mercy?

If by mercy, one means only the cessation of justice (bad consequences for bad actions), then it contradicts those who beg for their own mercy which is the upholding of justice.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
You are right that he did not come to make a new religion but he did come to do away with the old religion.

Gods kingdom is not about religion, it is about spirit and truth which was testified about in the Hebrew Scriptures, he told the Jews they NEED to come to him for life....... you trying to physically tie yourself to Jews without them recognizing THEIR saviour and OUR saviour will not bring in Gods kingdom, which is a new creation in Christ.

The physical temple in physical Jerusalem pointed to the spiritual, once the spiritual came which is Jesus the man, raised by the spirit you we are told not to Look back to the old.(lots wife) ..... we now are part of the the new temple which is christs body in the spirit ...... nothing to do with going to heaven, it is the process of God through his spirit, in Christ, in his people then being all in all.

No, He didn't and neither did Paul, if you read in context and note that they both attended the feasts, the "last supper" was a Passover, ect. What you have is the Hellenist viewpoint which was passed down from generation to generation from about 100AD in every denomination on earth, save the Jewish one. Did you forget the scripture that states there is one religion, and that's G-d's?

And I am naturally a Jew, so I'm not trying to "tie myself" to anything, I've received Him as Messiah, and received His Spirit which teaches me. Peace

Old 05-25-2017, 02:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
No, He didn't and neither did Paul, if you read in context and note that they both attended the feasts, the "last supper" was a Passover, ect. What you have is the Hellenist viewpoint which was passed down from generation to generation from about 100AD in every denomination on earth, save the Jewish one. Did you forget the scripture that states there is one religion, and that's G-d's?

And I am naturally a Jew, so I'm not trying to "tie myself" to anything, I've received Him as Messiah, and received His Spirit which teaches me. Peace
Did you forget what James, a leader of the congregation that Ebionites came from had to say about "true religion?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity