Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have been really wondering if we should eat meat at all.
I would be thankful for water and bread, and even more so thankful for fruit.
Thankfullness even in the winter. Knowing who was caring for every need.

I will never forget those who visited me in the days of despair and offered more than a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 01:16 PM

465 posts, read 236,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Dogs are faithful, which make them easy prey; leave them alone.
There isn't a single animal, that by its blood poured out, sprinkled on the congregation of Moses, that could for their transgressions ever atone.

There is no proof reality-wise that God ever ordered what he said not to do, and that is to take them by the neck, murdering.

What sort of God would demand such a horrible sacrifice once a year, at more variables made for the feasts of eating swine?

That man says to himself, 'I may go separate into pieces something that lived and eat its flesh, feasting.'

The church consists of people, places, and things, and if the righteous are hardly spared, who's fishing?

The oceans are polluted filled with hooks, nets, trash, chemicals, Fukushima, say no thank you to Japan.

How many Moses were there, at facts of Ahmose I, Thutmose II, Patmos Island, Amen, and John of the Book of Revelation.

Just prose @ Amos 5:8, Pleaides, Orion, and Job 9:9: the Bear, Pleaides, Orion who shoots arrows by the bow he bends?

Orion represents Jesus Christ and there is the Book of Nehemiah that explains even more details of things.

No offense but the offenses man has done calling its God's will to eat whatever he's delivered his hands.

Consider it "food" that animals have souls who are capable of searching out who God is when they can.

If man would go find himself for the mess he's left the Earth to because of very mistaken governing.

Hebrews 4:1, straight back where it started, Genesis 1, how that God said it right that first time.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 AM

88,665 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have been really wondering if we should eat meat at all.
I don't think I should, so I don't. I did for most of my life, though, with short periods of vegetarianism and consciously having vegetarian days. About a year and a half ago I stopped eating meat for good, though I occasionally still eat fish. Now I consciously have plant-based days.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think I should, so I don't. I did for most of my life, though, with short periods of vegetarianism and consciously having vegetarian days. About a year and a half ago I stopped eating meat for good, though I occasionally still eat fish. Now I consciously have plant-based days.
Poor, innocent plants, struggling from their seed case and spending their lives reaching for the light until rudely yanked out of the ground, pulled from a tree or sliced from a stalk.

Will no one weep for the turnip?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor, innocent plants, struggling from their seed case and spending their lives reaching for the light until rudely yanked out of the ground, pulled from a tree or sliced from a stalk.

I have to rep that one.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:

Jains.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:14 PM

465 posts, read 236,410 times
Quote:

No, but they will surely weep for the fish. Fish are hooked, netted and yanked out of the same environment God created for them to freely worship him in, but then they cannot gasp for air. They suffer.

A plant is made by God to perpetuate itself through seeds and flowers, let's say, where honey bees and other insects carry their pollen to perpetuate the Kingdom Garden.

The land of the Milky Way where Orion's stars hold sway. Milk from planting, honey from planting.

What animals suffer is not what plants feel when yanked out of the ground, where God intended man and animals to consume them for food.

It makes them feel delicious when fed. It makes them feel they have experienced the fountain of life when watered. When they are talked to they respond.

Likewise, let that be how animals are kindly treated. Let them feel 'delicious' when fed, watered, appreciated, loved, not feeling they are only going there to be by a human later backstabbed.

The wanton slaughter of animals God placed where they are to be part of his church will not go unpunished.

The Book of Nehemiah, Leviticus 24, Isaiah 1, Isaiah 66, when Jesus taught of Pisces they ate the bread.

The Sheep Gate, the Fish Gate, the Horse Gate, the walls of Jerusalem were broken down and dismissed.

Jesus is of the tribe of Judah, hence the Egyptian Sphinx was created. That monument stands its ground.

The tribe of Benjamin, Genesis 49, the wolfhound, the dog, the fox, the wolves in their dens not found.

The tribe of Naphtali, the doe and her fawn, the world may think it can escape the judgments of God.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
People are getting a bit weird these days.
Eat it today, tomorrow it may cause cancer.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
No, but they will surely weep for the fish. Fish are hooked, netted and yanked out of the same environment God created for them to freely worship him in, but then they cannot gasp for air. They suffer.

...snip lots of words...snip

The fish I catch for my table don't gasp for air. I kill them within seconds of capture and put them on ice. But I only kill about 5% of the fish I catch. The rest are released unharmed.

Not so the lettuce that was murdered for your salad.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
The fish I catch for my table don't gasp for air. I kill them within seconds of capture and put them on ice. But I only kill about 5% of the fish I catch. The rest are released unharmed.

Not so the lettuce that was murdered for your salad.

Sounds like me, and the fish I catch should be lucky to grace my table when I give thanks to the earth, and respect for his feeding me, but dang, can't nobody cook fish like my family, I make fish jerky that taste like heaven itself, even fish sausage at times, but the best sausage is turkey sausage. I guess I will go back to Mcdonald's 2nite, gotta have me a big mack for some reason.

I make some mustard fish sometimes, and that is pretty good but dang, give me a pit and I will make fish taste like lobster.

Seems like all I ever wanted was a place near the water with fish and that's all I need, the family sold the lake house and our back yard was the San Bernard river.

I gotta say it, if you can't walk out your back yard to catch breakfast, they is something wrong with the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity