Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:04 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times

Advertisements

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.

This verse makes it pretty clear that God does nothing that he doesn't reveal through his prophets first. There are the Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus and other examples like sending a messenger(John the baptist), the telling of the future in Daniel and some of the other Prophets that agree with Revelations, and more.

So where in any of the prophets did God reveal to them that the 10 commandments were temporary or that he was going to abolish all of his commands in the future???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 05:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
7 Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.

This verse makes it pretty clear that God does nothing that he doesn't reveal through his prophets first. There are the Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus and other examples like sending a messenger(John the baptist), the telling of the future in Daniel and some of the other Prophets that agree with Revelations, and more.

So where in any of the prophets did God reveal to them that the 10 commandments were temporary or that he was going to abolish all of his commands in the future???

*Crickets chirping*

Old 06-30-2017, 07:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
31“Behold, days are coming,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE]. 33“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE],’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Old 06-30-2017, 08:04 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
31“Behold, days are coming,†declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,†declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE]. 33“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,†declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE],’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,†declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.â€
Well there you have it, except for the unskilled posting. Geez.

But fact is much of the Old Testament law died on the cross. As far as the 10 Commandments go Jesus reaffirmed Nine. The Sabbath keeping was dropped. Grace vs Law. The other 500 plus gone. Yes, God has written His simple and short list on the hearts of His people. Saved by grace and not by works.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

But fact is much of the Old Testament law died on the cross. As far as the 10 Commandments go Jesus reaffirmed Nine. The Sabbath keeping was dropped. Grace vs Law. The other 500 plus gone. Yes, God has written His simple and short list on the hearts of His people. Saved by grace and not by works.
The "short list:" A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM

23,153 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

Nate Posted a scripture about a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, and neither you or Nate is Ephraim or Judah. Jesus brought a covenant for Gentiles who converted as Ephraim must, it CERTAINLY isn't a covenant for Muslims, Hindus and people of other religions.

WE know who Judah is, they are Jews, and WE know and even the Jews know who Ephraim is, they are gentiles who come back respecting the laws of Moses, they reject all their pagan days and they adopt the holy days of God, and this makes them Ephraim. The first gentile converts to Judaism WERE Ephraim, they DID become one with Jews, but now you two guys are talking about a covenant you aren't under from a religion you do not practice by YOUR OWN ADMISSION.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:19 AM

19 posts, read 9,930 times
Quote:
The Sabbath keeping was dropped.
you hope so, anyway

"the Sabbath was made for man..."

Old 07-01-2017, 10:21 AM

19 posts, read 9,930 times
Quote:
Grace vs Law.
this is a popular perspective, that i think puts a bad frame on things as well. Grace is not opposed to Law, is it?

Old 07-01-2017, 10:26 AM

23,153 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Jesus brought a New covenant for Ephraim AND Judah.

Who is Ephraim?

The prodigal nation of Ephraim is the ten lost tribes living in the land of Joseph.

This prodigal nation of the Northern Kingdom of Israel is called,'' Israel,'' While the Southern kingdom is called Judah.

These ten lost tribes called the Torah a strange thing and they rejected Jerusalem and all the ways of Jerusalem with it's 7 feasts of Messiah, and instead of the feasts of Messiah, they instituted Christmas and Easter before it was known as Christmas.

God ENDED their kingdom and scattered their 10 tribes to the 4 corners of the Earth where God had promised to seed those ten tribes into every nation.

Those ten tribes known as Ephraim were enemies of Judah and they CERTAINLY were not Jews.

Elijah goes out to the non Jews who trashed talked God's commandments and instituted their pagan holy days, and Elijah is supposed to bring them back to Judah, to Jerusalem with new respect of the laws of Moses.

John went out as a friend of the bridegroom to prepare those gentiles living in the land of Joseph to come and Marry a Jew, to come and convert to the religion of God{Judaism}.

That's EXACTLY what they did, those gentiles BECAME Ephraim because they came with respect of the laws of Moses by rejecting the ways of all other gods to ACCEPT the Passover lamb, to ACCEPT the ram of Pentecost, to ACCEPT the bull of Sukkot, and Paul went into teaching them the law and the prophets.

The Calling of the Gentiles to come and be adopted into Israel through the promise to Ephraim/Israel, the ten lost tribes.

Romans 9

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha

Paul just Quoted Hosea's promise to the ten lost tribes, Paul IS EXPLAINING that HE IS IN FACT, one of the 7000 reserved in Ephraim as God had told Elijah, and so he says,'' EVEN US OF THE NORTHERN KINGDOM, NOT OF THE JEWS ONLY, BUT EVEN US.

Paul is quoting Hosea's promise to those lost gentiles of the Northern kingdom called Ephraim after God had ended their kingdom and they turned into Gentiles, and they turned into Gentiles for the same reason that Christianity is now lost, and are no longer under the covenant of Ephraim and so the Gentile has to be a wise virgin now if she wants to fix the broken covenant and to be adopted back into Israel.

Christianity broke the covenant of Jesus 2000 years ago when they converted to the religion of Roma, and rejected the religion of Jesus. If you were caught keeping the holy feast of Passover, YOU DIE.

Hosea 1

Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. 5And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
6And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. 7But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son. 9Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

10Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Hosea 2 Jesus comes as a bridegroom betrothing gentiles living in the land of Joseph, the land of the ten lost tribes.

God's Mercy to Israel/Ephraim
14Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
15And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
16And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

Gentiles ONLY have a covenant when they do as EPHRAIM MUST DO, if you do not come to accept the betrothal of Jesus, YOU ARE NOT, AND COULD NOT BE EPHRAIM.

ARE YOU MARRIED TO A Jew?

Really?

Are you as one with Jews?

Really?

People don't just snap they fingers real fast and say they are Ephraim or that they are a Jew.

WHO IS EPHRAIM?

WHO IS THE BETROTHAL OF JESUS OFFERED TO?

Jeremiah 31
18I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.
19Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
20Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
21Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.
22How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

If a Gentile doesn't repent of his high disrespect for Torah the he cannot be Ephraim.
If a Gentile continues with his involvement in Pagan holy days, he CANNOT be Ephraim.
If a Gentile does not BECOME ONE with Jews, He CANNOT BE EPHRAIM
If a Gentile doesn't come back as a servant as the Prodigal nation MUST, He aint Ephraim.
If a Gentile doesn't return back with love to the city of Jerusalem, he CANNOT BE EPHRAIM.
If a Gentile does not have a covenant with a Jew, HE CANNOT BE EPHRAIM.
If a Gentile does not accept the 7 feasts of Jesus, HE CANNOT BE EPHRAIM.

A Gentile ONLY HAS A COVENANT ONLY IF he converts to the same religion the Jews are in, and if he isn't in God's religion, then why does he speak of a New Covenant?

What does Ephraim and Judah do when Gentile believers and Jews had been made one as co-heirs.

HERE is Jesus with Ephraim and Judah who LOVE God's commandments, WHERE O WHERE IS THE CHRISTIAN IN HERE?

HE AINT THERE, EPHRAIM AND JUDAH ARE PEOPLE IN JUDAISM WHO FREAKING LOVE THE TORAH, WHO LOVE THE 7 FEASTS OF MESSIAH AND GOD'S SABBATHS

Ezekiel 37
One Nation with One King
15The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Jesus did bring a new covenant and for over 100 years, gentiles converted to Judaism, and by 325 A.D. there was no longer a covenant of Jesus because that stick which was made one, it was broken in half as it REMAINS TO THIS DAY.

How do I know?

Because Gentiles left Judah, Left the covenant, left Jerusalem and called the laws of Moses a strange thing JUST LIKE the prodigal nation of Israel that the parable of the prodigal son explains.

Are you one with Jews keeping the statutes and judgments of God?

Better look again.

Claiming to be in a covenant and being in a covenant is two separate issues, and I still don't understand how Christians can be in an entirely different religion than Jews, with involving themselves with the holy days and traditions of the Messiah of Babylon while also claiming to be in a covenant in Jerusalem?

It's like people are blind to what they themselves do, are they not in a Babylonian religion worshipping a Babylonian Messiah?

There is NO OTHER HIGHER PRAISE for any man in history than to keep a Man's Holy days that teach about a man who was resurrected and this is what Christians do with Tammuz, the Babylonian Messiah while they fight against anyone who worships the Messiah of Jerusalem.

I can't hear the words coming out of your mouth because the works of your hands are shouting from the rooftops.

People are claiming to be in a covenant with the Messiah of Jerusalem while they reject every single thing about him, and not only have they killed anyone who would follow Jesus in his 7 feasts days, O these last 2000 years, but to add insult to injury, they claim to be Israel.

Christianity has claimed to be the real Israel for 2000 years as they went along killing anyone who actually kept the ways of Messiah and the ways of God.

Snapping your fingers real fast doesn't make you a Jew, and it don't make you Ephraim.

You either come converting to the religion of God or you don't, and God is not double minded about his religion, it is recorded for all to see and know.

It is not from Babylon, and it is not about a Babylonian Messiah named Tammuz that people like to call Jesus.

WHO IS EPHRAIM?

Before you claim to be under a New covenant with Jesus, you should look at who Ephraim is, cause if you aren't in Judaism, you aren't Ephraim.

Isaiah 11:13
Then the jealousy of Ephraim will depart, And those who harass Judah will be cut off; Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah, And Judah will not harass Ephraim.

Jeremiah 3:18
"In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together from the land of the north to the land that I gave your fathers as an inheritance.

Jeremiah 31:6
"For there will be a day when watchmen On the hills of Ephraim call out, 'Arise, and let us go up to Zion, To the LORD our God.'"

Jeremiah 31:9
"With weeping they will come, And by supplication I will lead them; I will make them walk by streams of waters, On a straight path in which they will not stumble; For I am a father to Israel, And Ephraim is My firstborn."

Jeremiah 31:31
"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Jeremiah 33:7
'I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel and will rebuild them as they were at first.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Nate Posted a scripture about a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, and neither you or Nate is Ephraim or Judah.....
Nate posted a scripture which answered the question in the OP. Jesus indicated that He was instituting A "New Covenant," whether it is specifically the one Jeremiah mentions Is not part of that question. I follow Jesus, not Jeremiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity