Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 01:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You think morals have something to do with smoking weed do ya?

I live amongst Christians and I swear it's the hardest thing in the world to do when you are surrounded hypocrites that wouldn't admit a sin if they had one, and the immoral things I watch them do day in and day out is so outlandishly immoral that I don't have the words. They will then point and look to somebody who smokes weed everyday as if the smoking of weed is going to make you become immoral. These Christians who don't smoke weed or drink, or smoke cigarettes to then point at the people who do are just pathetic. I watch these same hypocrites lusting after young girls as if they think nobody can see them, I watch them steal, I watch them turn down the homeless left and right. I see people in need that they could help but their ideas are set on money instead of God. On top of all this, most of them are pagan and committing adultery against God while pointing at my sin in the flesh, they look at me as if I am evil, and then they claim to have a Holy spirit that has no power unless they want to speak in gibberish, as if this was some kind of proof, but this somehow justifies their judgments?. I watch them pray for the dying and giving them hope when there is no hope, and if you point this spirit out for what it is, they say,'' How dare you, I have the Holy spirit and so everything I say must be right.''

Then they point at me as if I am involved in sorcery if I smoke weed, and this is the most far fetched idea of all, ESPECIALLY when they are the ones who ACTUALLY have a spirit, and this they admit, but they call it the holy spirit when they don't want to admit the truth that they are actually indwelled with a spirit but not of God, and this actually comes closer to sorcery, not smoking weed.

I will watch weed smokers give up everything for a person and who have better morals than any of the Christians who think different.

I am looking at the Christian saying,'' Sell all you own and give to the poor.''

I am looking at them funny when somebody steals from them and they don't offer the thief more, I am looking funny at them as I watch them take revenge and become angry with their brother.

Smoking weed isn't going to change a person's morals, you either have a person who is willing to sacrifice all for somebody else, or you have a greedy, insincere person who doesn't care for the needs of others.

Smoking weed aint gonna change a good person into a bad person and not smoking weed sure aint going to change a bad person into a good person, you are either a good person or you are not. If a bad person never smokes weed, he aint gonna change to a good person. Of the good people that I know, more of them smoke weed than don't.

You either have morals or not and weed aint gonna change who a person is, some people actually need to smoke weed as a physical need. You take a young child who was abused and made to smoke weed at the age of 5, and it becomes regular life to him, then you come around years later and try to talk him out of smoking weed and I don't believe you understand the physical need that this child developed, even as a crutch to forget what he went through. It's just not always something a person can change.
I am pointing at anyone, you are. I simply said normalizing drug use is one of the many symptoms.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Absolutely, if you define breakdown as leaving the principle of the word behind. And it's not in my mind, it's obvious that pot alters your consciousness, that's WHY they do it, duh....so NO, they are not sober minded. You guys are so big on "community", so how is it the spiritual condition of one's soul NOT have a bearing on community? If you hit your head hard and pass out, doesn't your WHOLE BODY react to that?

I'm not hiding behind anything, you need to come out from that cloud and get in the right one. Peace
You are still not pointing me to somewhere in society where you are seeing a break down in society. The way you are responding to me here, leaves me with one conclusion, the bible has caused you to leave your senses and caused a break down in your the ability to reason..... So i believe you are bigger threat to society than any pot smoker.... Yes really!! . NAMASTE

Last edited by pcamps; 07-13-2017 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have been there many times. My brother lived there.
When was the last time you were there?.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The moral fiber of the society has been significantly weakened and we are getting closer to times where you could declare it has "fallen apart". Accepting drug use as 'normal' is only one of many symptoms.
So you never go to a doctor and take the meds prescribed to you ?, meds thatI am sure that you have no idea what is in them, the side effects and what they potenially could be doing to your body. It's the drug industry what you should be more concerned about, instead of being against pot smoking, solely because in "your" opinion it's a sin.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:22 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,146,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And alcohol?....How ridiculous....

We all know you get high. Being a drunkard applies as well and is no different being high all the time vs being drunk all the time.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:00 PM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
There are a heck of a lot more than 250 heroin users in Amsterdam, and it is actually illegal to leave valuables visible in a parked car, because the junkies would break in, and the police don't want the extra work. Cannabis is not legal in Holland, it is decriminalized, which means supply is done through smuggling. The number of organized crime families increased from 3 to 94 in few years after they decriminalized cannabis. They are the ones who supply the cannabis to the "coffee-shops", who sell it to the drug-tourists. Unfortunately the crime families do a lot more than just smuggle cannabis, they also import sex slaves, they extort, they burglarize, run illegal gambling rings, etc. You name it, they do what crime families do, - make a living out of crime. If you ever visit Holland, you will see the problem immediately. Used needles everywhere in public parks, addicts sleeping on the streets, and everything that is not bolted down, is stolen.
I was in Amsterdam in November of 2015. I saw no junkies, no needles, no one sleeping on the streets. I work in Manhattan, and I've got a brother in the cemetery dead from Hep C. I know what junkies look like.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:02 PM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
You think morals have something to do with smoking weed do ya?

I live amongst Christians and I swear it's the hardest thing in the world to do when you are surrounded hypocrites that wouldn't admit a sin if they had one, and the immoral things I watch them do day in and day out is so outlandishly immoral that I don't have the words. They will then point and look to somebody who smokes weed everyday as if the smoking of weed is going to make you become immoral. These Christians who don't smoke weed or drink, or smoke cigarettes to then point at the people who do are just pathetic. I watch these same hypocrites lusting after young girls as if they think nobody can see them, I watch them steal, I watch them turn down the homeless left and right. I see people in need that they could help but their ideas are set on money instead of God. On top of all this, most of them are pagan and committing adultery against God while pointing at my sin in the flesh, they look at me as if I am evil, and then they claim to have a Holy spirit that has no power unless they want to speak in gibberish, as if this was some kind of proof, but this somehow justifies their judgments?. I watch them pray for the dying and giving them hope when there is no hope, and if you point this spirit out for what it is, they say,'' How dare you, I have the Holy spirit and so everything I say must be right.''

Then they point at me as if I am involved in sorcery if I smoke weed, and this is the most far fetched idea of all, ESPECIALLY when they are the ones who ACTUALLY have a spirit, and this they admit, but they call it the holy spirit when they don't want to admit the truth that they are actually indwelled with a spirit but not of God, and this actually comes closer to sorcery, not smoking weed.

I will watch weed smokers give up everything for a person and who have better morals than any of the Christians who think different.

I am looking at the Christian saying,'' Sell all you own and give to the poor.''

I am looking at them funny when somebody steals from them and they don't offer the thief more, I am looking funny at them as I watch them take revenge and become angry with their brother.

Smoking weed isn't going to change a person's morals, you either have a person who is willing to sacrifice all for somebody else, or you have a greedy, insincere person who doesn't care for the needs of others.

Smoking weed aint gonna change a good person into a bad person and not smoking weed sure aint going to change a bad person into a good person, you are either a good person or you are not. If a bad person never smokes weed, he aint gonna change to a good person. Of the good people that I know, more of them smoke weed than don't.

You either have morals or not and weed aint gonna change who a person is
, some people actually need to smoke weed as a physical need. You take a young child who was abused and made to smoke weed at the age of 5, and it becomes regular life to him, then you come around years later and try to talk him out of smoking weed and I don't believe you understand the physical need that this child developed, even as a crutch to forget what he went through. It's just not always something a person can change.
Sing it, Hannibal.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
I am pointing at anyone, you are. I simply said normalizing drug use is one of the many symptoms.
Ever taken an aspirin, Finn? How about acetominophen? Ever had a beer? Know any diabetics? Do they herald the breakdown of society for taking insulin?

If you had cancer would you refuse chemo? How about if - your god forbid - you needed your leg amputated. Would you wave off the morphine?

Or - in your particular mind - are there some okie-dokie drugs and only the ones you deem harmful should be avoided?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:25 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times
Quote:
Meh, Didn't mean to make you look like the devil or anything, just going through things at home, I can't seem to get away from these Christians all around me talking about God, talking about how they got the spirit, and just things of this nature. I am always excluded in the conversations, thank God but it is always thrown on me every day when I get around other people and I never say anything, but I have to sit there and listen to people talking about the spirit all day and implying that that nobody can learn unless they got the holy spirit and not one of them have the holy spirit, not one of them can ask whatever they want and expect to receive a healing for anyone who is dying, and all I get is this claim that people can speak in tongues and that is some kind of proof in my family although I spoke in tongues for decades. My sister over there talking about Pensacola and how the supposed spirit was let loose and she is celebrating it's anniversary, but of all the things in the world, they begin speaking about Benny Hinn and his supposed great miracles, then of Kenneth Copeland and his teaching of the God of money, and all the while people looking at me as if I am a devil because I smoke a dube every so often, it doesn't make any sense. Then if I speak with love about the commandments of God, I am somehow an apostate when I am looking at them as apostates who have a spirit but not one of God. I will get called legalistic as if Christians aren't the most legalistic people in the world, only they have invented their own rules and you had better stick to those rules like laws, but if you love the actual commandments of God, your evil, your evil if you don't reject God's commandments and adhere to their invented laws where everything is forgiven as long as you don't try and do what pleases God in his commandments.

This Benny Hinn gets me most of all.

The worst thing I do is to smoke weed, but Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, and people like Joel Osteen can raise monsters who fight against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, and all of this is about Money, the money is their God and anyone who gives them money follows them into the worship of money, and although these followers are so righteous as to never get their hands dirty with what they have deemed intolerable, I would say that they need to take a good hard look in the mirror at who and what they worship.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
This Benny Hinn gets me most of all.

The worst thing I do is to smoke weed, but Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, and people like Joel Osteen can raise monsters who fight against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, and all of this is about Money, the money is their God and anyone who gives them money follows them into the worship of money, and although these followers are so righteous as to never get their hands dirty with what they have deemed intolerable, I would say that they need to take a good hard look in the mirror at who and what they worship.
Benny Hinn and money preachers.... Sure, and there are also those who use Jesus to push politics. And those who encourage people to believe in alternate teachings in place of those of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity