Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 06:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Oh Boy.

Society is no where close to "falling apart."
I see lot of the following in our nation:

"sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like"

and less and less of:

"love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control"

Road rage is becoming so common, it should be an Olympic event.

Of course there are lot of good people around doing wonderful things, but anyone with his/her eyes open can see things turning for the worse. Jesus didn't pretend everything was just wonderful, so why should we?

Old 07-14-2017, 07:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

"sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like"

and less and less of:

"love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control"

Of course there are lot of good people around doing wonderful things, but anyone with his/her eyes open can see things turning for the worse. Jesus didn't pretend everything was just wonderful, so why should we?
That's because you have your blinders on to shut out anything that is not happening in your own chosen milleau, which actually seems to be the worst bed of that hatred that you claim infests the rest of the world.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Finn_Jarber: Of course there are lot of good people around doing wonderful things, but anyone with his/her eyes open can see things turning for the worse. Jesus didn't pretend everything was just wonderful, so why should we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That's because you have your blinders on to shut out anything that is not happening in your own chosen milleau, which actually seems to be the worst bed of that hatred that you claim infests the rest of the world.
Oh, poor little Nate

Old 07-14-2017, 07:49 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Same applies to all intoxicants.

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit"
This ^^^. It is pretty darn clear. I think most are aware of this, but are just trying to "skirt" around it.

Probably the most hilarious post I read had to do with God creating the plant. With that reasoning, will those same people be partaking of "hemlock"?

Also, making it legal DOES NOT make it acceptable per the Bible. Prostitution is also legal in some areas, and for those unaware, that is not acceptable per the Bible. Geesh!

Old 07-14-2017, 08:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This ^^^. It is pretty darn clear. I think most are aware of this, but are just trying to "skirt" around it.

Probably the most hilarious post I read had to do with God creating the plant. With that reasoning, will those same people be partaking of "hemlock"?

Also, making it legal DOES NOT make it acceptable per the Bible. Prostitution is also legal in some areas, and for those unaware, that is not acceptable per the Bible. Geesh!
And yet the bible is cool with slavery, rape, stoning and incest.

Weird.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:09 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times
I find it interesting that God did not want man to eat of the knowledge of good and evil, and yet that's all so called Christians do.

God is not about right and wrong, but rather life and death. He is life, everything else is death.

To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is when you are a sin conscious fundamentalist because you tend to see the worst in everything being that way. Christ conscious folk tend to see God even in that which is condemned by the sin conscious. Sin conscious folk do not grasp the more you focus on something you are causing it grow(this is exactly what happened in the garden of Eden), that is why i maintain fundamentalists not pot smokers are behind any supposed break down in society. When you are Christ conscious that which is not God falls away.

This is like the blind advocating blindness. I must have missed His discourse on how to handle sin. Peace

Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:

and less and less of:

No kidding, actually He said just the opposite, when you SEE these things.....iniquity has a cup and it's almost full, the tares are nearly full in the head. Peace

Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I've heard the "G-d created it so it's ok", since I was a kid growing up on the 70's. My standard reply is, "Yes but He didn't create it IN YOU, that's the difference." Some people clearly can't add 1 + 1. Peace

Old 07-14-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I find it interesting that God did not want man to eat of the knowledge of good and evil, and yet that's all so called Christians do.

God is not about right and wrong, but rather life and death. He is life, everything else is death.

To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

To be spiritually minded is not to be blind to everything, it's to be AWAKE and AWARE of the true nature of things via His Spirit. How many times did He tell us to watch? The watchmen on the walls were put to DEATH in OT times for falling asleep and allowing the enemies to overrun the walls of the city (if they lived to tell about it). The same is true today. Death, not life, is what we reap for not sounding the alarm, and blowing the trumpet for the others. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity