Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 01:57 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,822,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ok, focusing. Four rivers coming out of Eden, the garden of G-d. Four parts of man's soul; mind, will, emotions and desires (FOUR chambers to a human heart), coming out from the under the covering, no longer centered in Him, fragmented. Good thing He calls them in from the north, south, east and west to be centered back in Him, so that by Revelation the four rivers have become one again, one (made WHOLE) in Him. Peace
Strong's Hebrew: 3468. ??????? (yesha) -- deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare

There was something I spoke of over the phone.
Do you remember?
4 beings. Three with offspring are despised by the 4th.
Out of the 4 ancients three are born.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:07 AM

Corinthians 2King James Version (KJV)

2 But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.

2 For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?

3 And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.

4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.

6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.

10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 AM

Devarim ("Chazon") Haftarah Companion - Parshah Study - Parshah

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
Jesus said things in a way only those who abide in His word can know. He stressed the importance of remaining in His word and that it is the word that sets His followers free. "The truth will set you free."

He did not say that love would set you free.

To understand that the love that the Father loved the Son with has something to do with God's name is difficult and rather remarkable.

To understand that the Son is in the follower is to understand that the truth is in the believer.

"If they have kept my words they will keep yours." ( Jesus)

Remember that one must keep His word to know God's name. If you do not do so you don't even know the meaning of the verse you quoted.
Quote:
Amen. Peace
If love is true, why would it not set you free?
Perhaps, you would like to answer the question?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:34 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,422,592 times
Quote:
Jesus said things in a way only those who abide in His word can know. He stressed the importance of remaining in His word and that it is the word that sets His followers free. "The truth will set you free."

He did not say that love would set you free.

To understand that the love that the Father loved the Son with has something to do with God's name is difficult and rather remarkable.

To understand that the Son is in the follower is to understand that the truth is in the believer.

"If they have kept my words they will keep yours." ( Jesus)

Remember that one must keep His word to know God's name. If you do not do so you don't even know the meaning of the verse you quoted.
Quote:
Amen. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Love IS true, and love does.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:40 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
The truth will never set you or anyone else free unless it spoken IN love Fundies need to go and learn what these 2 scriptures mean.

Eph 4:15 Instead, speak the truth in love

1 Corinthians 13 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge and have not charity, I am nothing.

It is not hard to understand why Jesus scourged and rebuked fundamentalists

Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 PM

88 posts, read 36,830 times
Quote:
Because the love you speak of does not glorify God.

God's people glorify Him as Jesus stated.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:36 PM

88 posts, read 36,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The truth will never set you or anyone else free unless it spoken IN love Fundies need to go and learn what these 2 scriptures mean.

Eph 4:15 Instead, speak the truth in love

1 Corinthians 13 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge and have not charity, I am nothing.

It is not hard to understand why Jesus scourged and rebuked fundamentalists
One should not try to understand the words of Jesus with the words of Paul. They do not jive.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:54 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
One should not try to understand the words of Jesus with the words of Paul. They do not jive.
So, what you really mean is, quit the love stuff, the truth trumps it ?.

Quote:
Because the love you speak of does not glorify God.

God's people glorify Him as Jesus stated.
ok, lets hear it, how do you glorify God ?.

Is this quote from Jesus familiar ?.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, >>>>>>>>> if ye have love one to another.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
By THIS shall all men know that ye are my disciples, >> if ye have love one to another.
It really is very simple.
God is Love...created Love...His Being is in Love...they are synonymous.
When one loves a kitten...God is right there...right... there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity