Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 07:23 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,733,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The post above ASSUMES "sin," and that has not been shown. It is no answer at all since it doesn't address the question.
that was intellectually cowardly of you! sin happens , clean in up!

Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
that was intellectually cowardly of you! sin happens , clean in up!
When you can demonstrate that there is actual harm in a loving same sex relationship< I will acknowledge "sin." YOU CAN'T. Until then all we see is prohibitions on specific practices of idol worship.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,052,607 times
Quote:
When you can demonstrate that there is actual harm in a loving same sex relationship< I will acknowledge "sin." YOU CAN'T. Until then all we see is prohibitions on specific practices of idol worship.

Seriously. How ridiculous an argument can one come up with to avoid admitting sin is sin. So to G-d, it's only a sin if it's done with idolatrous worship, then? So tell me: where is the temple now? Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Seriously. How ridiculous an argument can one come up with to avoid admitting sin is sin. So to G-d, it's only a sin if it's done with idolatrous worship, then? So tell me: where is the temple now? Peace
No, it is "sin" if it causes harm. What did you think Paul was talking about when he said that "all things are lawful, not all things are beneficial?"

Old 08-27-2017, 07:52 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,733,743 times
all forms of militant sexuality is and always was dangerous and harmful .. history of it is all that should ever be needed to prove it. but that would require a lot of intellectual honesty, which our society will never be know for .

Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift
Quote:
Ah, there you are ...still active on this thread but still unwilling to answer the question that I've asked of you several times. AND, it relates to the above. WHERE in scripture do we find opposition to same-gender sex practices that ARE NOT related to idolatry and temple prostitution? Where are we told, from scripture, that homosexuality is a sin? In fact, WHERE in scripture do we EVEN find the word "homosexuality" OR its equivalent definition (as per OUR present-day meaning of the word) in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek?

Just give me such a text and I'll leave you alone . . .maybe ...

Old 08-27-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
No, it is "sin" if it causes harm. What did you think Paul was talking about when he said that "all things are lawful, not all things are beneficial?"

It wasn't that. Or do you not know that whatever you join yourself to, you become one with that thing? Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Ah, there you are ...still active on this thread but still unwilling to answer the question that I've asked of you several times. AND, it relates to the above. WHERE in scripture do we find opposition to same-gender sex practices that ARE NOT related to idolatry and temple prostitution? Where are we told, from scripture, that homosexuality is a sin? In fact, WHERE in scripture do we EVEN find the word "homosexuality" OR its equivalent definition (as per OUR present-day meaning of the word) in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek?

I answered it before in the myriad of other threads you spiritual voyeurs brought up before, and you know it. Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 10:04 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV

Quote:
I answered it before in the myriad of other threads you spiritual voyeurs brought up before, and you know it. Peace
I'm just asking for ONE Bible text ...that should take you no more than a couple of minutes to provide.

Just do the right thing, Rbbi1, and admit that there IS no such Bible text . . .

And, by the way, I didn't start this thread.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
all forms of militant sexuality is and always was dangerous and harmful .. history of it is all that should ever be needed to prove it. but that would require a lot of intellectual honesty, which our society will never be know for .
What is "militant sexuality"? And what does it have to do with a same sex committed relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.