Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

I think this is the most mis-understood subject in Christianity.

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place".

"As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John"

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

"But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes".

You'll hear many preachers say "The apostles THOUGHT that Jesus was going to come soon" and it's explained that God had mis-led them to keep them on their toes

What's the truth about all this? Was Jesus mistaken about the general timing of His coming? The answers are so simple, but they don't create fear, sell a lot of books or make exciting movies.

Here is a 32 part series. You should get hooked by the first four. If you believe the bible, it's worth checking out. All the apparent contradictions of end time prophecy disappear.

YouTube - 1. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 2. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 3. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 4. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

Blessings,

- Byron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 07:23 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
All I need to know is someday He's coming and I'm going

Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
All I need to know is someday He's coming and I'm going
Hi there,
Well, the meek shall inherit the earth. And who was taken away in Noah's day? Not Noah.

blessings,
- Byron

Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 AM

322 posts, read 737,902 times
JESUS clearly stated that He did not know the time of His return. But He clearly warned the deciples to be ready for it. We must all be ready for that great and awesome day. You will be very blessed if you are ready for that great and awesome day of the LORD! When JESUS appears in the sky, all of mankinds B.S. wil come to a sudden halt. Be ready!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Hi there,
Well, the meek shall inherit the earth. And who was taken away in Noah's day? Not Noah.

blessings,
- Byron
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking who perished in the flood? Is so Genesis 6:5 explains that.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
I think this is the most mis-understood subject in Christianity.

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place".

"As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John"

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

"But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes".

You'll hear many preachers say "The apostles THOUGHT that Jesus was going to come soon" and it's explained that God had mis-led them to keep them on their toes

What's the truth about all this? Was Jesus mistaken about the general timing of His coming? The answers are so simple, but they don't create fear, sell a lot of books or make exciting movies.

Here is a 32 part series. You should get hooked by the first four. If you believe the bible, it's worth checking out. All the apparent contradictions of end time prophecy disappear.

YouTube - 1. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 2. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 3. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

YouTube - 4. Endtime Bible Prophecy - Mike Blume - Partial Preterism

Blessings,

- Byron
As i understand it, we have been living in the last days since 2,000 years ago.
Simply put" the word of God says "no man knows the day or the hour"... not even Christ himself, no one except the Father.
IMO the last days are from the first coming of the Lord up until the second coming, not a year, date, hour.....
We just need to fine tune ourselves and be prepared for that time as the Church.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking who perished in the flood? Is so Genesis 6:5 explains that.
What I'm referring to is that Jesus said at His coming it would be as in the days of Noah - the flood came and took 'them' all away (not Noah). "One was taken and the other left" is used to support rapture doctrine. The righteous aren't taken away - that's my point.

blessings,
- Byron

Old 03-15-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
As i understand it, we have been living in the last days since 2,000 years ago.
Simply put" the word of God says "no man knows the day or the hour"... not even Christ himself, no one except the Father.
IMO the last days are from the first coming of the Lord up until the second coming, not a year, date, hour.....
We just need to fine tune ourselves and be prepared for that time as the Church.
Well, that's what most people think too. Did you watch the series?

blessings,
- Byron

Last edited by firstborn888; 03-15-2008 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-15-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
What I'm referring to is that Jesus said at His coming it would be as in the days of Noah - the flood came and took 'them' all away (not Noah). "One was taken and the other left" is used to support rapture doctrine. The righteous aren't taken away - that's my point.

blessings,
- Byron
The second coming of Jesus will be like the days of Noah in that unrighteous people will be caught unaware as in the days of Noah. In the rapture the righteous will be taken away.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
The second coming of Jesus will be like the days of Noah in that unrighteous people will be caught unaware as in the days of Noah. In the rapture the righteous will be taken away.
Yes, I know that's what futurists insist. Really though. from the flood to Sodom to the destruction of Jerusalem - it's never worked that way.

blessings,
- Byron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity