Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:08 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yup, that's right.
And for any newbies...allow me
to equate the mentality of blood sacrifices to throwing virgins into volcanoes...
It was just the primitive state of Man's mind then...part of the evolution to a higher consciousness...
Ya can't fault them...they didn't know any better...and now some of us do.
Yep. We stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before us, and who did the best they could with what they knew. If we'd lived then, we'd have been no different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Well actually to answer that same question truthfully he may help himself as he does.

That is why there are tornadoes and earthquakes and tsunamis to help create floods.

Then the next time he espouses the Holy Spirit he sends pestilence, tumults as food.

Then he might hunger a bit more when he sees how nothing changes to not repented.

So he doesn't change course either but may wait a while 'til one day all evil is loosed.

Man has a certain number of days to get his act straight as he's so often forewarned.

Those who murder innocents shall not see the Heavenly places God already prepared.

God said that if man sheds blood then his own blood will be required.

All power in heaven and in earth belongs to the Creator who is God.

He is the supreme commander no one else so not knowing dismissed.

If you are still clueless then you may so be it don't care be it issued.

Yeshua told men to repent and if they do not in hell they are burned.
ancient Native Americans call the concepts I just told you about as 'Balance' or the blood laws..
meaning an eye for an eye must be paid and how it will be ultimately paid ...
those of us that Have a savior will claim his blood when the entities of what is owed something comes looking at us.

you can stand there by yourself if you wish too.

but it is still owed and this verse isn't a Joke.

Eph 6:10
¶
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Eph 6:11
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Eph 6:12
For our struggle is not against [fn]flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Eph 6:14
Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,
Eph 6:15
and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;
Eph 6:16
[fn]in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Eph 6:17
And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Eph 6:18
¶
[fn]With all prayer and petition [fn]pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, [fn]be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
Eph 6:19
and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,

maybe you all don't have the mystery of the gospel figured out yet..... because the battle that is to come will be formidable as shown here . there is entities that have rights and will get their due or
the cleansing it is due of what is owed .

19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

that is just a hint of those things which are entities which will have their say and will not always be frustrated at humanities hands anyway !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-02-2017 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-02-2017, 09:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, not hard to see the difference there. The issue was with the motive of the heart behind it, not that He frowned upon a practice He Himself instituted. Peace
And Jesus answered them, yet again.

Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’
For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And Jesus answered them, yet again.

Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’
For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.

6 For I desire loving-kindness, and not sacrifices, and knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

He didn't say that He didn't like burnt offerings...

Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
6 For I desire loving-kindness, and not sacrifices, and knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

He didn't say that He didn't like burnt offerings...
It looks like a sort of ABAB couplet.

A. loving-kindness as opposed to B. sacrifices
A. knowledge of God as opposed to B. burnt offerings

The "not" and "more than", in other words, being different way of expressing the same sentiment.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

The "not" and "more than", in other words, being different way of expressing the same sentiment.
I'd say that G-d could have said that if that was what He meant...Taking into consideration that it was He who set up the sacrificial system...

Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I'd say that G-d could have said that if that was what He meant...Taking into consideration that it was He who set up the sacrificial system...
Because poetical expression is never used in the OT.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

You seem to be on the right track: The Hebrew doesn't seem to have used any expression of comparison in the second part at all, leaving us to think that identity with the first expression, "and not" is implied.

New American Standard Bible seems to be a more accurate translation:
For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You seem to be on the right track: The Hebrew doesn't seem to have used any expression of comparison in the second part at all, leaving us to think that identity with the first expression, "and not" is implied.

New American Standard Bible seems to be a more accurate translation:
For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
Thanks for the additional insight.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Sate
VERB
satisfy (a desire or an appetite) to the full
fattened cattle: Fattened cattle and sheep.

I do not want: Since you transgress My Torah, the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination [from Prov. 21:27].
fattened cattle: Fattened cattle and sheep.

I do not want: Since you transgress My Torah, the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination [from Prov. 21:27].

They are still stuck on the word sacrifice. The idea of slaughtering an animal terrifies some.

They have yet to deduce that an offering was yet to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity