Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It would have been a much bigger sacrifice to sacrifice your son instead of yourself.
Hanni, sorry, but no. Any parent who thinks that sacrificing their child (literally or figuratively) in order to "please God" was a bigger sacrifice for themselves than their child, or that they have the right to force or even ask that child to be a sacrifice, is mentally unstable and/or completely selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni
But whose son was it really?
We are ALL God's children. Doesn't mean we should go around sacrificing each other.

Last edited by Pleroo; 08-13-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Gotta love blood and canabal cults.
It's not what someone believes that bothers me, it's what they act upon that concerns me.
You wouldn't skydive from 12-15,000 feet without a parachute - it would be a mindless act.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am the truth, the way, and the life!
I am the truth, the way, and the blood?

I suppose, people just have to have their sacrifice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, but G-d does. Make of yourselves a living SACRIFICE. Peace
There has to be a balance: Don't be so heavenly minded that you are of no earthly good.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There has to be a balance: Don't be so heavenly minded that you are of no earthly good.

I've heard that before, but since the oil flows from the HEAD to the feet naturally, I don't think it's anything to live by. Peace

Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Also, I no longer look for spiritual symbolism in the bible.
If it comes, it comes, and I allow/welcome it, but I don't seek it, because I'm seeking to grow in my relationship with what is Real.
But, I have been into bible symbolism in the past, and at the time, some of it was edifying
in that it did stir up the desire for a relationship with what is Real, for me.
I loved this. Boy, am i getting to know you better...you really have a head on your shoulders.
Brava....I mean, right on!

Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Jerwade, Saying to a Judeo-Christian that it is preposterous for an Infinite Being, loving beyond our imagination, dwelling in the highest frequency of light and love eternally, called by many as Bliss, Heaven, Paradise, would want blood of an animal or His son who manifested here to teach and help us ...is pretty much a waste of time, my spiritual buddy.

Sure, once he was murdered he made the best of it to continue his teaching for us ...that
there is no death ...but the culture of this blood sacrifice being needed is too ingrained in
the psyche, still, for some. Sorry, my friend.
No need to apologize - the writing is on the wall for all to read.
It's just that some of us walk away with a greater understanding.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:06 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Hanni, sorry, but no. Any parent who thinks that sacrificing their child (literally or figuratively) in order to "please God" was a bigger sacrifice for themselves than their child, or that they have the right to force or even ask that child to be a sacrifice, is mentally unstable and/or completely selfish.

We are ALL God's children. Doesn't mean we should go around sacrificing each other.
I speak for a father who would willingly give his life, and I tell you that it would be an easy thing to take my own life, but it would be the biggest sacrifice form me to kill my own child. It would be an easy choice if it was between me and my child. It would be a much greater sacrifice if God asked me to kill my child instead of myself. I could kill myself easily but to ask for my child is something else.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
I speak for a father who would willingly give his life, and I tell you that it would be an easy thing to take my own life, but it would be the biggest sacrifice form me to kill my own child. It would be an easy choice if it was between me and my child. It would be a much greater sacrifice if God asked me to kill my child instead of myself. I could kill myself easily but to ask for my child is something else.
If you believe that God would ask any parent to kill their child as a sacrifice to please God or prove their allegiance, I don't understand why you would want to align yourself with it. That would be like the Nazi soldier being willing to kill to prove to Hitler that he was loyal.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
If you believe that God would ask any parent to kill their child as a sacrifice to please God or prove their allegiance, I don't understand why you would want to align yourself with it. That would be like the Nazi soldier being willing to kill to prove to Hitler that he was loyal.

NO, it wouldn't because you all are forgetting the "invisible" factor here that is the most important: the motive of the heart. You cannot accuse G-d of having a wrong motive on this, when it's obvious that the scene portrays salvation and the resurrection from the dead, CAN YOU? Peace

Old 08-13-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
NO, it wouldn't because you all are forgetting the "invisible" factor here that is the most important: the motive of the heart. You cannot accuse G-d of having a wrong motive on this, when it's obvious that the scene portrays salvation and the resurrection from the dead, CAN YOU? Peace
The motive of my heart from a position of love would be to lay down my own life, not that of another.
Your
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and their narcissistic beliefs are not impressing anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity