Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 07:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You credit the flesh way too much. 12 went out to spy the land, 10 spoke of how strong the occupants of the land were, 2 spoke of God being their strength. All this stuff you are in to is stunting your growth, and it is no surprise that you cannot explain what the characteristic of the spirit are, because you are way too busy explaining the characteristics of the flesh.
The 10 were of the flesh. It seems you credit the flesh far too little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythere999 View Post
So either you were on some drug, hallucinated, dreamt something, or something within these lines. Got it. Very convincing.
Then millions must have had hallucination, been on drugs etc.

Perhaps you need what drug he was on.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
But you glorify carnal flesh, you cannot stop talking about it.
Talking about something does not glorify it. Talking about something can also condemn it.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:48 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heythere999 View Post
So either you were on some drug, hallucinated, dreamt something, or something within these lines. Got it. Very convincing.
I never used drugs and I am a teetotaler. You are entitled to dismiss my experiences. I would have done so as well for some 30+ years prior to my experience. I spent 18+ of those years perfecting my meditation techniques eventually using biofeedback to achieve deeper states under conscious control. No one could have been more surprised than I was to encounter another consciousness that was clearly NOT mine and encompassed everything including me.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Talking about something does not glorify it. Talking about something can also condemn it.
Of cause it does if all you do is talk about it. Condemning that which is already condemned is typical of a flesh focused christian.

For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God DID by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Of cause it does if all you do is talk about it. Condemning that which is already condemned is typical of a flesh focused christian.

For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God DID by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh.
P camps. Please, tell me how many gates there are in the temple vision of yechezkel( ezekiel.?

Old 09-12-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
p camps. Please, tell me how many gates there are in the temple vision of yechezkel( ezekiel.?
521?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:27 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I never used drugs and I am a teetotaler. You are entitled to dismiss my experiences. I would have done so as well for some 30+ years prior to my experience. I spent 18+ of those years perfecting my meditation techniques eventually using biofeedback to achieve deeper states under conscious control. No one could have been more surprised than I was to encounter another consciousness that was clearly NOT mine and encompassed everything including me.
Was the experience similar to these verses
Hebrews 1:3-4 says "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they."

Old 09-12-2017, 10:33 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Was the experience similar to these verses
Hebrews 1:3-4 says "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they."
I have tried on numerous occasions to verbally describe the experience and failed. The unmistakable overall impression was one of unconditional love, acceptance, and joy but that is totally inadequate as a description. The "knowing" that this consciousness is the source of our entire reality was indescribable but undeniable. I retained my individuality but was lost in the Oneness of it all. The Oneness was a multitude of love that washed over me like The Wave at a sporting event, but that is also an extremely poor description.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I have tried on numerous occasions to verbally describe the experience and failed. The unmistakable overall impression was one of unconditional love, acceptance, and joy but that is totally inadequate as a description. The "knowing" that this consciousness is the source of our entire reality was indescribable but undeniable. I retained my individuality but was lost in the Oneness of it all. The Oneness was a multitude of love that washed over me like The Wave at a sporting event, but that is also an extremely poor description.
I fully understand what you are saying Mystic. I cannot come close to explaining my experience as you have, all i know there was this moment in time that i saw not only myself within this oneness you speak of, but that is where we all are, some have seen it some haven't that is the only difference, and of causse those that are seeing it are moved by it. That oneness is nothing other than love. There is no seperation from it other than in our minds.

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

We read this verse and think evil behaviour separated us from God, when it is actually the belief that we are evil that separates us in our minds from God, which in turn caused us to act evil.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord

I am also convinced that nothing ever has separated us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity