Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
…43Jesus called His disciples to Him and said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury. 44For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.”

Then you shall say before the Lord, your God, "I have removed the holy [portion] from the house, and I have also given it to the
}Levite,
}the stranger,
}the orphan,
}and the widow
, according to all Your commandment that You commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten [them].
How wonderful, you can copy and paste scripture. What is is you are trying to say?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,063,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Says the one who thinks she's here with truth, but amazingly cannot explain the characteristics of the Spirit. I wonder why that is ?.

If you only had a clue, everything I've posted is of the characteristics of the Spirit because it came from the Spirit. Peace

Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,741,085 times
Quote:
You come on here throwing your weight aroung like you speak for God,

You fundies do not like your own medicine that you dish out. Stop being offended because someone is standing up to you.
gosh I was thinking the same about you. difference between you and her is that she knows his word and his spirit and you only seem to know your own definitions of Love.. it seems you worship love .. human love. and that is not God or His Spirit ... so like the opposite actually... I see nothing of his spirt in you.. where he forces us to hold to opposing truths we may not mentally understand yet or in some phase of growing into his truths .. yet you only have one truth, it yours and you define it and condemn all who do not hold to YOUR TRUTH! .
please seek him ...

Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,741,085 times
Quote:
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38 “Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39 “For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!’”

1Give thanks to the Lord because He is good, for His kindness is eternal.
אהוֹד֣וּ לַֽיהֹוָ֣ה כִּי־ט֑וֹב כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:

2Israel shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal."
ביֹֽאמַר־נָ֥א יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:

3The house of Aaron shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal." גיֹאמְרוּ נָ֥א בֵּֽית־אַֽהֲרֹ֑ן כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:

4Those who fear the Lord shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal." דיֹ֣אמְרוּ נָ֖א יִרְאֵ֣י יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:

5From the straits I called God; God answered me with a vast expanse.
המִן־הַ֖מֵּצַֽר קָרָ֣אתִי יָּ֑הּ עָ֜נָ֗נִי בַּמֶּרְחָ֣ב יָֽהּ:
6The Lord is for me; I shall not fear. What can man do to me? ויְהֹוָ֣ה לִ֖י לֹ֥א אִירָ֑א מַה־יַּֽעֲשֶׂ֖ה לִ֣י אָדָֽם: 7The Lord is for me with my helpers, and I shall see [revenge] in my enemies. זיְהֹוָ֣ה לִ֖י בְּעֹֽזְרָ֑י וַֽ֜אֲנִ֗י אֶרְאֶ֥ה בְשֹֽׂנְאָֽי:
8 It is better to take shelter in the Lord than to trust in man.
חט֗וֹב לַֽחֲס֥וֹת בַּֽיהֹוָ֑ה מִ֜בְּטֹ֗חַ בָּֽאָדָֽם:
9It is better to take shelter in the Lord than to trust in princes. טט֗וֹב לַֽחֲס֥וֹת בַּֽיהֹוָ֑ה מִ֜בְּטֹ֗חַ בִּנְדִיבִֽים: 10 All nations surrounded me; in the name of the Lord that I shall cut them off. יכָּל־גּוֹיִ֥ם סְבָב֑וּנִי בְּשֵׁ֥ם יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה כִּ֣י אֲמִילַֽם:
11They encircled me, yea they surrounded me; in the name of the Lord that I shall cut them off. יאסַבּ֥וּנִי גַם־סְבָב֑וּנִי בְּשֵׁ֥ם יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה כִּ֣י אֲמִילַֽם:
12They encircled me like bees; they were extinguished like a thorn fire; in the name of the Lord that I shall cut them off. יבסַבּ֚וּנִי כִדְבֹרִ֗ים דֹּ֖֣עֲכוּ כְּאֵ֣שׁ קוֹצִ֑ים בְּשֵׁ֥ם יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה כִּ֣י אֲמִילַֽם:
13You pushed me to fall, but the Lord helped me. יגדָּחֹ֣ה דְחִיתַ֣נִי לִנְפֹּ֑ל וַ֖יהֹוָ֣ה עֲזָרָֽנִי:
14The might and the cutting power of God was my salvation. ידעָזִּ֣י וְזִמְרָ֣ת יָ֑הּ וַֽיְהִי־לִ֜֗י לִֽישׁוּעָֽה:
15A voice of singing praises and salvation is in the tents of the righteous; the right hand of the Lord deals valiantly. טוק֚וֹל | רִנָּ֬ה וִֽישׁוּעָ֗ה בְּאָֽהֳלֵ֥י צַדִּיקִ֑ים יְמִ֥ין יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה עֹ֣שָׂה חָֽיִל:
16The right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord deals valiantly.
טזיְמִ֣ין יְ֖הֹוָה רֽוֹמֵמָ֑ה יְמִ֥ין יְ֜הֹוָה עֹ֣שָׂה חָֽיִל:
17I shall not die but I shall live and tell the deeds of God. יזלֹֽא־אָמ֥וּת כִּֽי־אֶֽחְיֶ֑ה וַֽ֜אֲסַפֵּ֗ר מַֽ֘עֲשֵׂ֥י יָֽהּ: 18God has chastised me, but He has not delivered me to death. יחיַסֹּ֣ר יִסְּרַ֣נִּי יָּ֑הּ וְ֜לַמָּ֗וֶת לֹ֣א נְתָנָֽנִי:
19Open for me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter them and thank God. יטפִּתְחוּ־לִ֥י שַֽׁעֲרֵי־צֶ֑דֶק אָֽבֹא־בָ֜֗ם א֘וֹדֶ֥ה יָֽהּ:
20This is the Lord's gate; the righteous will enter therein. כזֶֽה־הַשַּׁ֥עַר לַֽיהֹוָ֑ה צַ֜דִּיקִ֗ים יָ֘בֹ֥אוּ בֽוֹ:

21I shall thank You because You answered me, and You were my salvation. כאא֣וֹדְךָ כִּ֥י עֲנִיתָ֑נִי וַתְּהִי־לִ֜֗י לִֽישׁוּעָֽה:

22The stone that the builders rejected became a cornerstone. כבאֶבֶן מָֽאֲס֣וּ הַבּוֹנִ֑ים הָֽ֜יְתָ֗ה לְרֹ֣אשׁ פִּנָּֽה:

23This was from the Lord; it is wondrous in our eyes.
כגמֵאֵ֣ת יְ֖הֹוָה הָ֥יְתָה זֹּ֑את הִ֖יא נִפְלָ֣את בְּעֵינֵֽינוּ:
24This is the day that the Lord made; we shall exult and rejoice thereon. כדזֶֽה־הַ֖יּוֹם עָשָׂ֣ה יְהֹוָ֑ה נָגִ֖ילָה וְנִשְׂמְחָ֣ה בֽוֹ:
25Please, O Lord, save now! Please, O Lord, make prosperous now! כהאָֽנָּ֣א יְ֖הֹוָה הוֹשִׁ֣יעָה נָּ֑א אָֽנָּ֥א יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה הַצְלִ֘יחָ֥ה נָּֽא:

26Blessed be he who has come in the name of the Lord; we have blessed you in the name of the Lord. כובָּר֣וּךְ הַ֖בָּא בְּשֵׁ֣ם יְהֹוָ֑ה בֵּֽ֜רַכְנוּכֶ֗ם מִבֵּ֥ית יְהֹוָֽה:

27The Lord is God, and He gave us light. Bind the sacrifice with ropes until [it is brought to] the corners of the altar. כזאֵ֚ל | יְהֹוָה֘ וַיָּ֪אֶר לָ֥֫נוּ אִסְרוּ־חַ֥ג בַּֽעֲבֹתִ֑ים עַ֖ד קַרְנ֣וֹת הַמִּזְבֵּֽחַ:
28You are my God and I shall thank You; the God of my father, and I shall exalt You. כחאֵלִ֣י אַתָּ֣ה וְאוֹדֶ֑ךָּ אֱ֜לֹהַ֗י אֲרֽוֹמְמֶֽךָּ:
29Give thanks to the Lord because He is good, for His kindness is eternal. כטהוֹד֣וּ לַיהֹוָ֣ה כִּ֖י ט֑וֹב כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:
OH Pinacle <3, <3, <3

Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
OH Pinacle <3, <3, <3
Ahh, thankyou.
Oops I missed an underline of the Lords eternal kindness.

I imagine I'll have to do better next time.

Blessings always.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I never used drugs and I am a teetotaler. You are entitled to dismiss my experiences. I would have done so as well for some 30+ years prior to my experience. I spent 18+ of those years perfecting my meditation techniques eventually using biofeedback to achieve deeper states under conscious control. No one could have been more surprised than I was to encounter another consciousness that was clearly NOT mine and encompassed everything including me.

I had a somewhat similar experience. I was once an unbeliever or atheist in the sense that I held to sceptical doubt.

You must understand I didn't come from a background steeped in a church environment. Mostly grew up in what is known today as a small town. My days were filled with school, family, friends and exploring the untouched wilderness around my home. Only spent time indoors when it got dark. A pretty modest upbringing.

The few times I can count visiting a church was when visiting grandparents.

And so eventually I had hardly any influence or fellowship in my adult yrs.

Much later in my adult yrs my life struggles brought on The questions.
The first to go was my doubt. I beseached the Lord about all the turmoil and oppression in my Life at the time. And I let go of all doubt to truly seek his Holiness with everything he made me to be. During the times I was alone and had no distractions I focused on the Lord wholly. I'm not sure about any definition of meditation.
It felt more like a one on one conversation.
At first I was given visions of what I can only explain as an orderly house. Something that I had no idea of till later in life, that what i saw actually has been described.

It was during these days of visions during the one on one that I began to feel weary in the spirit. And the visions became a stronger voice and a focus on Yeshua (jesus).

The Lord new my heart. And began by asking me" What do you think of my Son"?
Turns out this is kinda his style so to speak. And turns out others have spoke of this.(sages).

You see, in my heart I was still holding reservations about what little I had heard during my visits to a church.

So i held out for quite awhile. And I'll never forget the day the Lord spoke to me through another person.

It was on one of my regularly scheduled bus rides. I found a seat next to lady that seemed to be taking a nap.
While sitting there, the lady suddenly sits up looks over at me and pointedly ask,"Do you believe Jesus Christ died for your sins"?

I look around at the other passengers on the bus who were now all eyes on me, as an audience.
So i held strong to my current convictions at the time and answered, I don't know about that.

So the lady ask," do you think your are going to heaven on your own works".?

And so I answered hastily I might add, "sure why not".

I leave you with this amount of testimony mystic.
And will continue later.

Last edited by pinacled; 09-13-2017 at 10:10 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 11:01 PM

63,966 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
HIS program IS LOVE, Rbbi. As long as you think it is OBEDIENCE you will keep missing it and continue going around the mountain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
There is NO LOVE without obedience, as you so amply prove on here every day. Peace
Quote:
What a strange concept of love you have, Rbbi.
Quote:
This is image of God you have that needs obeying is out of whack. Obedience is not the cause of anything, but love compels us to live by him, why ? Because we see his ways and thoughts are life unlike our thoughts and ways which lead us astray from that life.
Amen!
Quote:
I had a somewhat similar experience. I was once an unbeliever or atheist in the sense that I held to sceptical doubt.
You must understand I didn't come from a background steeped in a church environment. Mostly grew up in what is known today as a small town. My days were filled with school, family, friends and exploring the untouched wilderness around my home. Only spent time indoors when it got dark. A pretty modest upbringing.
The few times I can count visiting a church was when visiting grandparents.
And so eventually I had hardly any influence or fellowship in my adult yrs.
Much later in my adult yrs my life struggles brought on The questions.
The first to go was my doubt. I beseached the Lord about all the turmoil and oppression in my Life at the time. And I let go of all doubt to truly seek his Holiness with everything he made me to be. During the times I was alone and had no distractions I focused on the Lord wholly. I'm not sure about any definition of meditation.
It felt more like a one on one conversation.
At first I was given visions of what I can only explain as an orderly house. Something that I had no idea of till later in life, that what i saw actually has been described.
It was during these days of visions during the one on one that I began to feel weary in the spirit. And the visions became a stronger voice and a focus on Yeshua (jesus).
The Lord new my heart. And began by asking me" What do you think of my Son"?
Turns out this is kinda his style so to speak. And turns out others have spoke of this.(sages).
You see, in my heart I was still holding reservations about what little I had heard during my visits to a church.
So i held out for quite awhile. And I'll never forget the day the Lord spoke to me through another person.
It was on one of my regularly scheduled bus rides. I found a seat next to lady that seemed to be taking a nap.
While sitting there, the lady suddenly sits up looks over at me and pointedly ask,"Do you believe Jesus Christ died for your sins"?
I look around at the other passengers on the bus who were now all eyes on me, as an audience.
So i held strong to my current convictions at the time and answered, I don't know about that.
So the lady ask," do you think your are going to heaven on your own works".?
And so I answered hastily I might add, "sure why not".
I leave you with this amount of testimony mystic.
And will continue later.
Thank you for this testimony, pinacled. I could actually understand it and it is the first real discussion without all the esoteric symbolism and kabbalistic language and references. My bottom line is the unconditional love and acceptance that I experienced informs my understanding of God. NOTHING that is incompatible with that unmistakable love and acceptance will ever be accepted by me as having anything to do with God.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Amen!
Thank you for this testimony, pinacled. I could actually understand it and it is the first real discussion without all the esoteric symbolism and kabbalistic language and references. My bottom line is the unconditional love and acceptance that I experienced informs my understanding of God. NOTHING that is incompatible with that unmistakable love and acceptance will ever be accepted by me as having anything to do with God.
What you seem to think is esoteric sybolism, and kabbalistic in my recent post is what I call real time.

What I saw in the Spirit were far to many things to explain in an essay or book.

I have given a short testimony of how I once was mostly confused by the scripture. I would read occasionally before I came to the Lord. And pretty much just skimmd through and only got some of the plain meanings. It wasn't till yrs later after confessing That the scriptures were opened to my heart.

Where I am now compared to then Is a distance only traveled by the Holy Spirits doing.

So, if you like I will continue my testimony tommorow.

Last edited by pinacled; 09-13-2017 at 11:33 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 11:23 PM

63,966 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
What you seem to think is esoteric sybolism, and kabbalistic in my recent post is what I call real time.

What I saw in the Spirit were far to many things to explain in an essay or book.

I have given a short testimony of how I once was mistly confused by the scripture. I would read occasionally before I came to the Lord. And pretty much just skimmd through and only got some of the plain meanings. It wasn't till yrs later after confessing That the scriptures were opened to my heart.

Where I am now compared to then Is a distance only traveled by the Holy Spirits doing.

So, if you like I will continue my testimony tommorow.
I look forward to it, pinacled.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,953,558 times
Quote:
I look forward to it, pinacled.
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity