Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 06:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times

Advertisements

it really doesn't 'send it". You only become 'aware" of it. Like a child becomes aware enough that we let them drive a car. "driving" has always been there. Well, for kids today that is.

And we are kids in the universe.

Religion is just a set of guidelines. Like driving rules, one set of rules do not fit every vehicle under all conditions. But there are general rules that are found through all driving (like souling). And we are all vehicles to the lord aren't we? so you guys tell us anyway.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,247,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
it really doesn't 'send it". You only become 'aware" of it. Like a child becomes aware enough that we let them drive a car. "driving" has always been there. Well, for kids today that is.

And we are kids in the universe.

Religion is just a set of guidelines. Like driving rules, one set of rules do not fit every vehicle under all conditions. But there are general rules that are found through all driving (like souling). And we are all vehicles to the lord aren't we? so you guys tell us anyway.
If truth be understood, yes you are right. At some point we become aware of the HS, and we call it by various names. Some go nuclear in their zealousness and start proclaiming they are SAVED based on the fact they have some relationship with this inner voice or HS.
Others deny it as being rationale and ignore it most of the time.
Still, some will twist what they "hear" and challenge the voice in an attempt to silence the voice the cannot explain.

I truly believe one does not have to be "RELIGIOUS" or a card carrying fundamentalist to hear...we will either respond positively to the "voice" and do our best to assist others in various ways or we refuse the "voice" and let others suffer and struggle because we use the written word to justify our callousness.

Paul, the poster child for fundamentalism is a prime example..As a HUGE SINNER, walking down the street, he HEARD and became AWARE while he was still a SINNER and outside the "Church."

Old 10-15-2017, 11:49 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If truth be understood, yes you are right. At some point we become aware of the HS, and we call it by various names. Some go nuclear in their zealousness and start proclaiming they are SAVED based on the fact they have some relationship with this inner voice or HS.
Others deny it as being rationale and ignore it most of the time.
Still, some will twist what they "hear" and challenge the voice in an attempt to silence the voice the cannot explain.

I truly believe one does not have to be "RELIGIOUS" or a card carrying fundamentalist to hear...we will either respond positively to the "voice" and do our best to assist others in various ways or we refuse the "voice" and let others suffer and struggle because we use the written word to justify our callousness.

Paul, the poster child for fundamentalism is a prime example..As a HUGE SINNER, walking down the street, he HEARD and became AWARE while he was still a SINNER and outside the "Church."
Some people hear and respond to the Spirit in and because of a church.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Some people hear and respond to the Spirit in and because of a church.
Well Jimmie J...my personal experience says 90% of those who hear and respond t the Spirit in and because of "church" are rejecting the "voice" and let others suffer and struggle because they use the written word to justify their callousness.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When you do the things which you know are good and right, you are not in need that someone else tell you.
So it would seem to be so easy, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLzYw6ULYw

Old 10-15-2017, 12:09 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Well Jimmie J...my personal experience says 90% of those who hear and respond t the Spirit in and because of "church" are rejecting the "voice" and let others suffer and struggle because they use the written word to justify their callousness.
Amen!

Old 10-15-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...My experience has been different. My church saw 200+ people saved and baptized in 2016, all while we operate a medical and dental clinic for the poor, a food pantry for the poor, winter coats for the poor, divorce care, single moms care, adopting and fostering unwanted kids, after-school care for at-risk kids, building schools and churches and well, you get the point. All funded by the church.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...My experience has been different. My church saw 200+ people saved and baptized in 2016, all while we operate a medical and dental clinic for the poor, a food pantry for the poor, winter coats for the poor, divorce care, single moms care, adopting and fostering unwanted kids, after-school care for at-risk kids, building schools and churches and well, you get the point. All funded by the church.
200+! My o' MY that narrow gate continues to get WIDER does it not?

Why are there so many people in need in your community Jimmie J? May be the church should look at creating EMPLOYMENT and PROVIDING EDUCATION for these folks to become independent and provide for their families?

And if there are that many unwanted kids in the community, something s terribly wrong with the message of your church..

And with divorce rates and single moms (sounds like am epidemic) in your community, why is the church not "teaching" the men to have some FINANCIAL and FAMILIAL responsibility for their children????

Old 10-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
200+! My o' MY that narrow gate continues to get WIDER does it not?

Why are there so many people in need in your community Jimmie J? May be the church should look at creating EMPLOYMENT and PROVIDING EDUCATION for these folks to become independent and provide for their families?

And if there are that many unwanted kids in the community, something s terribly wrong with the message of your church..

And with divorce rates and single moms (sounds like am epidemic) in your community, why is the church not "teaching" the men to have some FINANCIAL and FAMILIAL responsibility for their children????
I see you are attempting to change the subject. You don’t really care about the spiritual condition of people. Rather, you care only about your liberal politics.

*I live in a metro area with ~3 million people.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I see you are attempting to change the subject. You don’t really care about the spiritual condition of people. Rather, you care only about your liberal politics.

*I live in a metro area with ~3 million people.
politics? that is your use of words..I have posted nothing that indicates politics..this is your foolish attempt to close a thread you are unable to participate in due to your limited understanding and inability to discuss the difference between "religion"and salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity