Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 07:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,242,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
part of this thread said to lay the bible down. How can we practice what we dodn't know?
repeat---

be still.listen.to the vice of god...

What is there to practice? Do you not know how to "practice"LOVE??????

Old 10-14-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
He posted it like God said it. He is free to correct it or explain it.
What did Jesussay?

He did not say I SEND TO YOU WRITTEN WORDS BY MORTAL MEN...

Jesus did not even say--WAIT,THE BIBLE IS COMING..

Jesus NEVER said--WRITE THIS DOWN IT WILL BE IMPORTANT WHEN THE BIBLE IS PUBLISHED...

What Jesus DID SAY is---

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.--JOHN 14:26

NOTICE there is NO MENTION of Christ sending us a BIBLE...

So YES,indirectly GOD DID SAY LAY YOUR BIBLES DOWN..no where does God tell us to READ he ancient book written by men and edited by the elite 24/7..nor that this bible should be our guide..

He did say the HOLY SPIRIT will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you...The bible is not even mentioned as a supplement to the HS voice..

Tell me, chapter and verse where I am wrong?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
God speaks to us through His word.

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a guide to my path

have you ever heard the audible voice of God?
YOUR WORD is AUDIBLE, since it took so long for mortal men to write what they thought was right, why would so many people be left out for centuries until God"wrote"a bible?

Obviously you have not?

Do you not believe GOD STILL SPEAKS TODAY?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
But what if someone said, "But God is wonderful and loving...that person is mean and hurtful ...?"
Would love to hear what people say...not only you, my darling person.
Do not think for a moment that my love for my neighbor(s) does not allow me to address "mean and hurtful" people appropriately.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:57 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,804,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What did Jesussay?

He did not say I SEND TO YOU WRITTEN WORDS BY MORTAL MEN...

Jesus did not even say--WAIT,THE BIBLE IS COMING..

Jesus NEVER said--WRITE THIS DOWN IT WILL BE IMPORTANT WHEN THE BIBLE IS PUBLISHED...

What Jesus DID SAY is---

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.--JOHN 14:26

NOTICE there is NO MENTION of Christ sending us a BIBLE...

So YES,indirectly GOD DID SAY LAY YOUR BIBLES DOWN..no where does God tell us to READ he ancient book written by men and edited by the elite 24/7..nor that this bible should be our guide..

He did say the HOLY SPIRIT will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you...The bible is not even mentioned as a supplement to the HS voice..

Tell me, chapter and verse where I am wrong?
You proved yourself wrong by referring to the Bible to make your point. If you had put your Bible down, you might not know this. In fact, you would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible.

Jesus read and quoted scripture, and He knew it by memory. You should too.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You proved yourself wrong by referring to the Bible to make your point. If you had put your Bible down, you might not know this. In fact, you would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible.

When you do the things which you know are good and right, you are not in need that someone else tell you.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

I DO know it by memory. that is how i can I set it down and backed away..

My point was never NOT KNOW what was written, rather do not drag it along as a show piece so everyone can see it as think what a pious arse one is..

I do not need to carry a bible 24/7, study it day and night and wear it like a trophy to know what ancient men wrote in it centuries after the facts..

Jesus never carried a bible, neither should you.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:01 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,804,202 times
Quote:
I DO know it by memory. that is how i can I set it down and backed away..

My point was never NOT KNOW what was written, rather do not drag it along as a show piece so everyone can see it as think what a pious arse one is..

I do not need to carry a bible 24/7, study it day and night and wear it like a trophy to know what ancient men wrote in it centuries after the facts..

Jesus never carried a bible, neither should you.
Sounds like you do carry it with you, just in your memory. What’s the difference between that and reading or studying it? Doesn’t that come prior to memorization?

Old 10-14-2017, 04:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,405,330 times
Quote:
My point was never NOT KNOW what was written...
I second that.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,405,330 times
Quote:
What Jesus DID SAY is---

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.--JOHN 14:26
I have to say, 'right on', again.
What is easier than that sentence? You are a good 'debater'.
If this is a debate, I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.