Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 09:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Hi troutdude, I'm a truth seeker. If someone has a logical reasoned argument against 2040, I'm willing to listen and if they are right, I'm willing to drop what is wrong and hold to what is true. Only the foolish would do otherwise.
I'm a truth-seeker as well.

But I don't limit my search to a book of myths written by long-dead anonymous guys and some dubious math based on the silly notion of a 6,000 year-old Earth.

But do carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 09:08 AM

9,043 posts, read 4,736,845 times
Quote:
Hi troutdude, I'm a truth seeker. If someone has a logical reasoned argument against 2040, I'm willing to listen and if they are right, I'm willing to drop what is wrong and hold to what is true. Only the foolish would do otherwise.
I wouldn't be too concerned with Troutdude's opinion.
Read some of the stuff he has written on here, and if the stuff he has written lately isn't sufficient for you to see why I say that, let me know and I will link you to some of the other stuff he has posted that should make my point.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:08 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,952,217 times
So, 2040, what are you doing to prepare that is different from what you would do anyway?

Old 10-15-2017, 09:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Read some of the stuff he has written on here, and if the stuff he has written lately isn't sufficient for you to see why I say that, let me know and I will link you to some of the other stuff he has posted that should make my point.
You don't have to link to some of my stuff, Dino2. He can simply click on my nick and look under the stats for "find all posts by TroutDude."

Then he can enjoy thousands of edu-taining posts.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:19 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,424,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, 2040, what are you doing to prepare that is different from what you would do anyway?
I do wonder why people get so fixated on the end of the world stuff, when the end of their time in this world could happen at any moment and is much more certainly something that they will experience.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM

1,146 posts, read 651,328 times
Quote:
Gen_6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

So who has studied this and knows when the last jubilee occurred?
Previous Jubilee 1967-1968 (Gregorian calendar)

The next Jubilee is 2017-2018 (Gregorian calendar)

The range of years stated above are from the Gregorian calendar. The actual Jubilee year in the Hebrew calendar is 5778, which began on Rosh Hashanah (Sept. 21, 2017). The Jewish New Year begins with the sounding of the shofar and ends on Erev Rosh Hashanah (eve of Rosh Hashanah Sept. 9, 2018).

There are a great many people, including self-proclaimed Christians, that refuse to believe God has any issue whatsoever with sin. This error in attitude has no influence in heaven because the Master of the Universe has stated in Holy Scripture that judgment begins in the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17). This means that divine wrath starts in the churches and among those who are grafted into the true vine - Jesus Christ (Y'shuah Ha-mashiah). Wrath upon sinners, especially those within the church, will expand and become constant.

All prophecy centers upon eretz Israel.

In the Jubilee Year, global events center upon the middle east in general and the State of Israel in particular - particularly with regard to her allies and enemies. For example, Israelis cannot build a house without getting attention in the global press. Does this happen with any other country? Political and financial and military alliances have been and will be formed by the enemies of Israel to eliminate the country. This has been the stated purpose of Israel's enemies since before their modern independence in 1948. With this in mind, take a good look at prophecy with regard to the Jubilee Year for Israel. Like a pebble tossed into a pond, the ripples of events in that tiny country spread outward to affect the entire planet.

Google 1967-1968.

This was the last Jubilee Year. Events that took place in that period that marked a paradigm shift in the basic political and cultural future of every nation on the planet. In the words of a New York Times reporter, "it was one G-damn thing after another."

Here is a brief summary of the events of that period;

Jan 31 12:30am
* The Tet Offensive began in Viet Nam.

Although America won that battle, she lost the war.
It was a watershed experience for America in that a credibility gap opened between Americans and government that never healed. Never again would government statements be so completely accepted by the general population.

* London in mid-March saw massive public demonstrations.
Upwards of 100,000 people participated in violent public actions which The Times interpreted as nearing insurrection.

* The next day US congress passed a bill severing the dollar from gold backing. Paper money was allowed to float on its' own value.

April 4th
* Rev. Martin Luther King is assassinated. A week later President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law.

* At the end of April the Broadway musical HAIR began - introducing the world to Post-Modernism, the New Age Movement and Liberation Theology. The opening song 'Age of Aquarius' is a popular hit.

Beginning of May
* Peace talks began between the US and North Viet Nam.

Mid May
* Internal issues cause the fall of the French government.
Violence was so severe that President Charles de Gaulle fled to Germany where he dismissed the entire French parliament and government. New elections are held and a new government is put in place. Disturbances end shortly after the announcement is made. Only de Gaulle could have pulled it off.

June 4th
* Bobby Kennedy is assassinated. Some say his death was a conspiracy as was that of Rev. King.

June 5-10
* Six-day war between Israel and its enemies. Combatants against Israel are; Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Algeria, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, PLO, Sudan and Tunisia. Israel wins vast territories which are added to its domain.

June 12th
* Motion picture Rosemary's Baby is released. It's the first satanic movie to be widely accepted and applauded by critics and the general public.

July 1st
* The CIA establishes the Phoenix Program - an official sanction for torture and imprisonment.

mid-July
* Sadaam Hussein takes power as a result of a coup d'etat in Iraq.

3rd week of August
Soviet Union invades Czechoslovakia with over a quarter million troops and at about the same time France exploded its first hydrogen bomb.

End of August
John Gordon Mein, US Ambassador to Guatemala, is assassinated on the streets of Guatemala City. 1st ambassador to die in the line of duty.

October 2nd
* Massacre of Tlatelolco Square in Mexico City. Somewhere between three hundred and a thousand people are shot to death by Mexican authorities.

* The next day the government of Peru is overthrown in a coup.

* A week later the government of Panama is also overthrown.

First week of November
* Richard Nixon is elected president.

Dec 22nd
* Mao Zedong begins the infamous Cultural Revolution in China. Thousands if not millions will die in the blood purges that follow.

Those who seek God's true purpose in the world, not to justify their own flirtations with sin, must examine Holy Writ very carefully to learn the truth. When examining scripture for prophetic events and interpretations it must be recognized that all prophecy centers upon eretz Israel (eretz means 'land' in Hebrew). This means the actual physical ancient Kingdom of Israel as well as the modern physical State of Israel (the one with the flag, the army and the Jewish people). It does not refer to figures of church organization often mistaken as spiritual Israel for the expressed purpose of exacting donations from gullible members. There is no such thing as spiritual Israel in the Bible either expressed or implied. Spiritual Israel exists only in the mind of those who misrepresent scripture for their own advantage.

If the coming Jubilee Year is as intense as the last one - we had all better spend a great deal of time examining ourselves in humility and with repentance as our goal.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-15-2017, 09:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,661,154 times
Quote:
2040 would be the end of the 120 Jubilees. The 6000 years will have been completed and the day of rest (man no longer practicing sin) will come as Jesus makes His return and ushers in the Lord's Day (the 7th day).

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I suggest if you have an Astronomy program, you can see around the Feast of Trumpets (September time frame), the planets will move into Virgo (Saturn, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter) along with the Sun.

1991 was the last Jubilee and the 40th since the Resurrection of Jesus. That Jubilee is the one we are currently undergoing now.
I thought Jesus said the second coming would happen at a time NO ONE expected, like a thief in the night?

So if thats accurate, the times around when it happens, should look nothing like the bible predicts (or else lots of people would be expecting it).

Old 10-15-2017, 09:35 AM

1,259 posts, read 566,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm a truth-seeker as well.

But I don't limit my search to a book of myths written by long-dead anonymous guys and some dubious math based on the silly notion of a 6,000 year-old Earth.

But do carry on.
Thanks Troutdude, I have come to an obvious different conclusion about those books.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I love all. I already know Troutdude.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Always trying to grow in the Grace of God. However, part of that growing is to OBEY God and He told us to be watching. Our Lord wept when He found that Jerusalem was not prepared for His visitation:

Luk_19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

So part of preparing is to not treat His words as idle. Not to focus on part of His message. But rather to add to my suffering in this world with learning and preparation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity