Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:07 AM

1,259 posts, read 566,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Hi Granpa,

I saw that you believe Jesus was crucified in 29 AD. Lots of problems with that date. How do you explain the following:

Luk 3:1 And in the fifteenth year of the government of Tiberius Caesar—Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, and Herod tetrarch of Galilee, and Philip his brother, tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene—

Jesus was baptized at the time above. Doesn't that time period nullify 29 AD for a crucifixion?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,058,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Hi Granpa,

I saw that you believe Jesus was crucified in 29 AD. Lots of problems with that date. How do you explain the following:

Luk 3:1 And in the fifteenth year of the government of Tiberius Caesar—Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, and Herod tetrarch of Galilee, and Philip his brother, tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene—

Jesus was baptized at the time above. Doesn't that time period nullify 29 AD for a crucifixion?
The 15th year of Tiberius would be 26 AD
According to Suetonius, after a two-year stint in Germania, which lasted from 10−12 AD, "Tiberius' returned and celebrated the triumph which he had postponed, accompanied also by his generals, for whom he had obtained the triumphal regalia.
And before turning to enter the Capitol, he dismounted from his chariot and fell at the knees of his father, who was presiding over the ceremonies.”
"Since the consuls caused a law to be passed soon after this that he should govern the provinces jointly with Augustus and hold the census with him, he set out for Illyricum on the conclusion of the lustral ceremonies."

Thus according to Suetonius, these ceremonies and the declaration of his "co-princeps" took place in the year 12 AD, after Tiberius return from Germania.

The 1st year of Tiberius was 12 AD
The 15th year of Tiberius would therefore be 26 AD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Old 10-17-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
The 15th year of Tiberius would be 26 AD
According to Suetonius, after a two-year stint in Germania, which lasted from 10−12 AD, "Tiberius' returned and celebrated the triumph which he had postponed, accompanied also by his generals, for whom he had obtained the triumphal regalia.
And before turning to enter the Capitol, he dismounted from his chariot and fell at the knees of his father, who was presiding over the ceremonies.”
"Since the consuls caused a law to be passed soon after this that he should govern the provinces jointly with Augustus and hold the census with him, he set out for Illyricum on the conclusion of the lustral ceremonies."

Thus according to Suetonius, these ceremonies and the declaration of his "co-princeps" took place in the year 12 AD, after Tiberius return from Germania.

The 1st year of Tiberius was 12 AD
The 15th year of Tiberius would therefore be 26 AD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius
Actually I agree with you on your analysis of Tiberius reign starting 2 years earlier while Augustus was ailing. That is what I have taken into account on my analysis. Jesus ministry was 3.5 years long. How you breaking that out?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Actually I agree with you on your analysis of Tiberius reign starting 2 years earlier while Augustus was ailing. That is what I have taken into account on my analysis. Jesus ministry was 3.5 years long. How you breaking that out?
Gospel harmony based on John | Religion-wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Old 10-17-2017, 10:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Hi Richard, it was dark as in early morning. It wasn't night. I'll give you something else to consider. Jesus had to be in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights to meet the sign He gave of Jonah being in the great fish.
You do know that your trying to explain a bunch of supposed letters written by mostly Jews to a Jew, right?...I know what I am talking about when it comes to the lunar calendar and when the first day of the week starts...IOW, you can't BS me..."Dawning towards" the first day of the week, simply means that the beginning of the week was starting, it doesn't nesseccarily have anything to do with run-up...And in Jewish terms, the dawning of the following day begins after sunset...That is why they call a lunar calendar lunar...

Old 10-17-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You do know that your trying to explain a bunch of supposed letters written by mostly Jews to a Jew, right?...I know what I am talking about when it comes to the lunar calendar and when the first day of the week starts...IOW, you can't BS me..."Dawning towards" the first day of the week, simply means that the beginning of the week was starting, it doesn't nesseccarily have anything to do with run-up...And in Jewish terms, the dawning of the following day begins after sunset...That is why they call a lunar calendar lunar...
Richard - I am a Jew. And I'm not trying to "BS" you. My primary motivation is to give TRUTH - not a lie.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Richard - I am a Jew. And I'm not trying to "BS" you. My primary motivation is to give TRUTH - not a lie.
What messianic congregation do you belong to?...

Old 10-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Hi Granpa, There is so much on that link that just seems to be saying how they harmonized it. I have already harmonized the events myself. I'll break it down more in the next post.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:56 PM

The ministry of Jesus was 3.5 years starting in 27 AD.

Now let's fast forward to 31 AD.

First month of the year - 10th day Sunday - Jesus says that after two days He will be crucified. The High Priests have decided to have Jesus killed.

Wednesday 13th day (Day) Jesus is crucified at around 10am (3rd hour)
Thursday 14th day (evening at sunset) - Jesus dies around 6pm (9th hour) (this is actually Wednesday at evening
Sunday morning (as sun was starting to rise) - Jesus is raised from the dead. (this is the 3rd day)

This covers 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. (Sign of Jonah).
This accounts for the rule of Tiberius's 15th year.
This accounts for Jesus being 30 at the time of His Ministry and for Herod to be alive at His Birth.
This accounts for the Lunar Eclipse that happened that evening that was visible in this region at night.
This accounts for the Constellation of Gemini showing Mars, Saturn, Venus with Jupiter in Taurus.
This accounts for the Feast of Firstfruits being on the 3rd day
This accounts for two Preparation days (passover prep and sabbath prep)
This accounts for the Mary coming to the tomb with spices.
This accounts for harmony with the Jubilee

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday the 13th day of the month (April 25th 31 AD) and died on the 14th day of the month (Wednesday at sunset - "between the evenings" around 6pm.

Let me know if you think there is something I missed.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
The ministry of Jesus was 3.5 years starting in 27 AD.

Now let's fast forward to 31 AD.

First month of the year - 10th day Sunday - Jesus says that after two days He will be crucified. The High Priests have decided to have Jesus killed.

Wednesday 13th day (Day) Jesus is crucified at around 10am (3rd hour)
Thursday 14th day (evening at sunset) - Jesus dies around 6pm (9th hour) (this is actually Wednesday at evening
Sunday morning (as sun was starting to rise) - Jesus is raised from the dead. (this is the 3rd day)

This covers 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. (Sign of Jonah).
This accounts for the rule of Tiberius's 15th year.
This accounts for Jesus being 30 at the time of His Ministry and for Herod to be alive at His Birth.
This accounts for the Lunar Eclipse that happened that evening that was visible in this region at night.
This accounts for the Constellation of Gemini showing Mars, Saturn, Venus with Jupiter in Taurus.
This accounts for the Feast of Firstfruits being on the 3rd day
This accounts for two Preparation days (passover prep and sabbath prep)
This accounts for the Mary coming to the tomb with spices.
This accounts for harmony with the Jubilee

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday the 13th day of the month (April 25th 31 AD) and died on the 14th day of the month (Wednesday at sunset - "between the evenings" around 6pm.

Let me know if you think there is something I missed.
How many festivals do you count in the Book of John?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity