Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 08:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,075,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
thank you, i wont be bringing up the matter again. i apologize

It's ok. I know you didn't know. I didn't think about the obvious possible assumptions when I used it, given I'm a female. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 08:38 PM

691 posts, read 422,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Pleasing God

Colossians 1

9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

The Incomparable Christ

13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
this is a good answer to the thread as a whole.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,750,272 times
[quote=Rbbi1;50053477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
AT LAST, rbbi1, you confess to not believing ALL your Bible--or that it contradicts itself. Step in the right direction anyway.

But Paul mad clear that HE was speaking plural. Are not the ten commandments from the "beginning?" Or were they long after?
Is not the LAW plural? Does not Paul encompass plurality by stating "ANY other commandments?"

You have built a religion of many laws that Paul AND Jesus stated isn't necessary. Because LOVE is the FULFILLMENT of the LAW!

As usual, you missed my point in favor of twisting it to try to suit yours. Peace
I've quoted you direct Scripture from both Jesus and Paul. Please provide direct Scripture that says those two note worthies are incorrect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEegcg1DC0

Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,075,626 times
[quote=Wardendresden;50053927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I've quoted you direct Scripture from both Jesus and Paul. Please provide direct Scripture that says those two note worthies are incorrect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEegcg1DC0

I quoted you many scriptures by both. What did it accomplish? You just twisted what I said. Paul plainly was referring to the OT commandments. You ignore anything that doesn't support your basically anti-Jewish agenda, but you'll never succeed in Christianizing it enough to remove the roots or the fruit, no matter how deep you dig, or how much manure you keep dumping on it, the tree will still blossom in the desert. Peace

Old 11-06-2017, 09:01 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,834,555 times
[quote=Rbbi1;50053959]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

I quoted you many scriptures by both. What did it accomplish? You just twisted what I said. Paul plainly was referring to the OT commandments. You ignore anything that doesn't support your basically anti-Jewish agenda, but you'll never succeed in Christianizing it enough to remove the roots or the fruit, no matter how deep you dig, or how much manure you keep dumping on it, the tree will still blossom in the desert. Peace
Yes it will

Old 11-06-2017, 09:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,834,555 times
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+1

A Pure Heart.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Looked real simple to me, I quote what Jesus said of the law and you avoided it while pretending to answer it because you don't have an answer, God isn't here to teach you something unless you study the law and the prophets, knowledge is not going to suddenly pop in your head. I could quote many of the words of Jesus and he spoke about people who rejected the law and disrespected it from the prodigal nation herding swine to Jesus telling you,'' I never knew you law breakers.'' Jesus tells us of this time when nobody can stand sound doctrine and everyone falls away from ten law. They stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped to not be able to answer a simple question.

Jesus said,'' Whoever wont keep the least of the laws of Moses and who teaches others not to keep the laws, THEY will be the least in the kingdom of heaven.''

Jesus said that whoever keeps the least of the laws and teachers others to keep them will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and let me tell you what the difference is between these two.

The least is called the outer court of darkness where people are sent for their high disrespect for the laws of Moses just as Jesus shows, and these people are not allowed to enter the city that was once a Temple.

The Higher Zoe Kingdom is for the people in the greatest of the kingdom of heaven and while I don't think I have achieved this yet, AT LEAST I have a view to a cure, and AT LEAST, I don't disrespect the commandments of God because it would automatically put me in the outer court of Gentiles. Jesus spoke many things about these people being cast into the outer court of darkness for their Paganism, and their lawlessness,

So I ask you,'' Jesus said that whoever keeps the laws of Moses and teaches others to keep the laws of Moses will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven{THE ZOE KINGDOM}

Do you say Jesus was wrong?

Paul was brought up to court because liars were saying that Paul was teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, and he saved his own life by making sacrifice to prove that he had not been teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, was Paul a two faced lying coward who said one thing and did another? And when people see a lawless Paul, do they choose their misunderstandings of Paul over the words of Jesus?
A poorly baited trap, is Christ wrong? No

In this very post of yours you disclose seeking your own glory

You assume when you say I have not heard the law and the prophets.

You do not know me

You have said repeatedly that this is some sort of rat race and you got your eye on big cheese. For every misused quote you pushed out there is two warning against what you are "teaching"

I usually come across this mentality irl in tweaked out addicts that got a fix and stumbled into the lobby in the fits of the high.

Ps. They are usually looking for a phone charger

Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 PM

23,287 posts, read 10,587,883 times
Quote:

I usually come across this mentality irl in tweaked out addicts that got a fix and stumbled into lobby in the fits of the high.

Yeah, let's see, me, me, me, me, yeah, that is pretty much me. Lucky Guess, No, I went on the basis that you didn't answer the question the first time, but you are correct, I don't know you, and I tossed you in a box.

Did I toss you in the wrong box? Are you a Christian?

Do you keep Christmas and Easter, do you know the 7 feasts of Christ?

Do you love the commandments of God?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:08 PM

I am still learning to walk. Good night.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:10 PM

23,287 posts, read 10,587,883 times
Quote:
I am still learning to walk. Good night.
Let me know when you get up stable so's I can kick you down again. Yeah, I guess I come off as a jerk a little too often but it's the only thing I am good at, being irritating lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity