Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It is an unfavorable descriptor just as you pointed out above... difficult, victims of fundamentalism, rejects, no help for hungry, blame the sick... those are your words from above. Just own it.

The truth is you don't know what other facilities do. It's just a blanket condemnation towards groups you don't like.

I don't use the term unless quoting someone else, because it doesn't really exist to me.
The fact that it is unfavorable is not a product of the beliefs themselves, but of how the great majority of those who profess them actually live and present them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 05:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
It's not intolerance... it's just a realization that nothing will be gained thru further discussion. Sort of like Christ saying to kick the dust off your sandals and move on...

Matthew 10:14 - "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.

Probably a good time for it... for me.
Yes it is, just because we disagree and tell you why we disagree is no reason to put someone on the ignore list, if we are being rude and disrespectful then that would be understandable, and if we we were the mods would not let it go. The truth is you simply do not being asked questions close to the bone.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:48 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously not by all, but those who always try to associate them with all kinds of made up negative nonsense use it in derogatory sense. That includes pretty much all universalist posters here, and some other liberal Christians who hate those who do not share their liberal views.
Be honest, Finn. The only people here I have seen use (and defend) hate are fundamentalists who actually believe God hates. The Universalists and Liberal Christians are all about love and compassion and mercy and kindness which any honest evaluator of Jesus would know is what Jesus taught.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 11-26-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 05:57 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Be honest, Finn. The only people here I have seen use (and defend) hate are fundamentalists who actually believe God hates. The Universalists and Liberal Christians are all about love and compassion and mercy and kindness which any honest evaluation of Jesus would know is what Jesus taught.
Matthew 13
Quote:
36Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:57 PM

692 posts, read 375,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I just added Airistotal's Child to the roughly dozen posters
in here who are already on my ignore list, so I won't be
seeing as much of him, unless, of course, you quote him.

As he has made it very clear that he does not share our faith,
there is no further reason to pay any attention to him.
RESPONSE: So what you are saying is only your "faith" possesses the truth but if not you'll stick with it anyway?

Old 11-26-2017, 06:01 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
He was one of the first five I put on ignore.
The only way I see his posts is if someone quotes him.
I don't put people on ignore. I just don't respond for a time. Christ didn't ignore me... I'm not going to ignore others. But I understand there is a time to back away.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: So what you are saying is only your "faith" possesses the truth but if not you'll stick with it anyway?
How else can you take it? . Can you imagine him sharing the gospel with someone and then they are put on his real life ignore list because they are not open to him, initially open or have strong views that oppose what he believes. This is a typical representative of bible fundamentalism.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:04 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Funny how people who I never bother talking with are insisting they have to remind me of things, as if we were having a conversation
you are an example. a real one.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:05 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes it is, just because we disagree and tell you why we disagree is no reason to put someone on the ignore list, if we are being rude and disrespectful then that would be understandable, and if we we were the mods would not let it go. The truth is you simply do not being asked questions close to the bone.
So... Christ was pushing intolerance by telling people to move on? Doesn't sound very loving...

Old 11-26-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
So... Christ was pushing intolerance by telling people to move on? Doesn't sound very loving...
Look, i will answer this when you tell me whether demons can confess Jesus Christ is Lord or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity