Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I will throw in a couple of others.

John 5:22 - "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

John 5:26 - "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

John 5:27 - and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

John 5:30 - "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

There is a reason that God chooses to use the terms "Father" and "Son" to describe their relationship. Jesus came from the Father. Jesus' deity is rooted in the authority given to Him from the Father.

What did God say from heaven?

Matthew 3:17
- and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

The Father does call Jesus "God" in Hebrews 1. So Jesus is full deity and is equal with God - from our vantage point... but the Father is above the Son.

At the end of the day - I give them both my full faith and worship. These are minor details, in which I have no control, that will come to light at the proper time.
Careful, now. That's bordering on heresy there. Jesus is eternal, and has always been God. Yes, for a time he set aside his authority, and the Son does proceed from the Father as the 2nd person of the Trinity, but there was never a time that Jesus was not God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 01:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Careful, now. That's bordering on heresy there. Jesus is eternal and has always been God. Yes, for a time he set aside his authority, and the Son does proceed from the Father as the 2nd person of the Trinity, but there was never a time that Jesus was not God.
Then how can anything He accomplished be of any import to us??? God can do anything by merely thinking it. He cannot die or suffer anything. How could He NOT be pleased with Himself? Your dogma is irrational. Jesus is one of us. He is the first one of us to be born again as Spirit. His human spirit became one with God by achieving perfect resonance (Identity). When He died His Human spirit was born again as the Holy Spirit and connected all human spirits to God. He became available to us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 11-30-2017, 01:07 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I was going to respond to your post, but I’ll just refer you to Twin’s post #49.
Are you saying that if a newborn baby dies, it is deserving of Hell? What has it done to deserve this?

Old 11-30-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then how can anything He accomplished be of any import to us??? God can do anything by merely thinking it. He cannot die or suffer anything. How could He NOT be pleased with Himself? Your dogma is irrational. Jesus is one of us. He is the first one of us to be born again as Spirit. His human spirit became one with God by achieving perfect resonance (Identity). When He died His Human spirit was born again as the Holy Spirit and connected all human spirits to God. He became available to us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Our job is not to rationalize and try to make God human. Our job is to believe what he has said about himself. I would suggest you spend some time studying what he has said about himself in his Word.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 PM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is outright heresy. And once again you simply ignore not only what the apostles said concerning the deity of Jesus, but you also ignore the fact that Jesus Himself claimed to be God.

Jesus didn't die as God. He died as a man. The fact that deity is not subject to death is one of the reasons why the second person of the Trinity. . .the pre-incarnate Word had to become a man. And the only reason why Jesus' spiritual death, (for it was His spiritual death, not His physical death, that paid the penalty for our sins), was able to satisfy the perfect righteousness of God is because since Jesus is God, His spiritual death as a man had infinite value. For that reason, the three hours, from 12 noon until 3 pm in which He was judicially bearing our sins, the sins of the entire human race, and being judged for those sins provided salvation for all who place their faith in Christ Jesus.

Of course you reject all of what I just said. But again, many of your views are neither Biblical or Christian.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Our job is not to rationalize and try to make God human. Our job is to believe what he has said about himself. I would suggest you spend some time studying what he has said about himself in his Word.
And that BP is what fundamentalists have done,they have created God in their own image.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And that BP is what fundamentalists have done,they have created God in their own image.
LOL...that's grand. OK.

And you ONLY believe what he has said about himself.

lol...that's a good one.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
The bible is not God's autobiography ?.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:40 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
It is NOT a sin to be born, what made Jesus unique is that he kept the Torah perfectly, which no other person in time has been able to do and that is what made him the Messiah. He didnt need a virgin birth not to sin.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:51 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Are you saying that if a newborn baby dies, it is deserving of Hell? What has it done to deserve this?
We discussed that in another thread. Babies are born with the disease of sin, but it hasn’t manifested itself yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity