Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 05:52 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

“I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God[d]?
45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

This is the account which Yeshua spoke about. And if you read further, the song of moses heart will tell you a secret.
Devarim(deuteronomy) 31
"Take this Torah scroll and place it along side the ark of covenant of the Lord, your God, and it will be there as a witness.

The words of Moses.
For I know your rebellious spirit and your stubbornness. Even while I am alive with you today you are rebelling against the Lord, and surely after my death!
Assemble to me all the elders of your tribes and your officers, and I will speak these words into their ears, and I will call upon the heaven and the earth as witnesses against them.
For I know that after my death, you will surely become corrupted, and deviate from the way which I had commanded you. Consequently, the evil will befall you at the end of days, because you did evil in the eyes of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.
Then, Moses spoke into the ears of the entire assembly of Israel the words of the following song, until their completion.

Or even if one were to understand what the builders rejected to see.
The deeds of the [Mighty] Rock are perfect, for all His ways are just; a faithful God, without injustice He is righteous and upright.

For those that believe, have tables of flesh. Lively stone tables no longer hardened in rebellion against the Lord of Lights.
Blessed are the merciful..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 12:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The virgin birth can NEVER be optional because Jesus would have been born in the inherited sin of Adam like the rest us. He being deity had to be born from God to be God or His death would have meant nothing, and His shed blood not being holy would not have been acceptable to God the father.

That’s why the virgin birth is so important. For Jesus to be God, He must be born of God. Joseph, a man, and Mary, a woman, cannot produce God. God cannot be born into this world by natural human processes. There’s no way He could be God apart from being conceived by God. (grace to you)

From Matthew chap 1 we see this.....

20 But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”

Don't think your destiny is heaven if you treat this lightly.......Jesus is the Son of God and the Creator of all things.......
If he was G-d in the flesh, then he sacrificed nothing...

Old 12-21-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
What made Jesus special was that he DIDNT sin. Its not a sin to be born, so even if Joseph was his biological father, the fact that he never committed a sin and fulfilled everything written about him in the Torah is what made him the Messiah.
But he didn’t fulfill anything...

Old 12-21-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since Adam was the federal head of the human race all mankind shares the consequences of Adam's sin. As Paul states in Romans 5:15-16,18,19 by one man's (Adam's) transgression the many died. The judgment arose from one transgression (Adam's) which resulted in condemnation to all men. Through one transgression (Adam's) the many were made sinners.

All men have the imputed guilt of Adam's sin.
It says many, not all...

Old 12-21-2017, 04:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If he was G-d in the flesh, then he sacrificed nothing...
You have no cloak for your sin. I assume you believe in Judaism, and the blood of goats never pleased God. What will you do now? You will die in your sins if do don't believe Jesus is He.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You have no cloak for your sin. I assume you believe in Judaism, and the blood of goats never pleased God. What will you do now? You will die in your sins if do don't believe Jesus is He.
How do you know that it never pleases G-d?...What will I do now?... Repent...

Old 12-21-2017, 07:11 AM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Since Adam was the federal head of the human race all mankind shares the consequences of Adam's sin. As Paul states in Romans 5:15-16,18,19 by one man's (Adam's) transgression the many died. The judgment arose from one transgression (Adam's) which resulted in condemnation to all men. Through one transgression (Adam's) the many were made sinners.

All men have the imputed guilt of Adam's sin.
Quote:
It says many, not all...
The 'many' (πολλοὶ; polli) of Romans 5:15 is the 'all' (πάντας; pantas) of Romans 5:18. The two words are being applied by Paul to the same people within the same context. Paul used πολλοὶ in Romans 5:15 to refer to πάντας in Romans 5:18. In this passage, in this context, Paul's use of the word 'many' referred to 'all.'

And so, yes, Paul said 'all.' Romans 5:18.

Last edited by Michael Way; 12-21-2017 at 07:23 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
The 'many' (πολλοὶ; polli) of Romans 5:15 is the 'all' (πάντας; pantas) of Romans 5:18. The two words are being applied by Paul to the same people within the same context. Paul used πολλοὶ in Romans 5:15 to refer to πάντας in Romans 5:18. In this passage, in this context, Paul's use of the word 'many' referred to 'all.'

And so, yes, Paul said 'all.' Romans 5:18.
So why did he say many?...

Old 12-21-2017, 08:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
So why did he say many?...
Literary form in contrast to "the one" transgressor who "brought death." How "many" people die?

Old 12-21-2017, 09:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
From what a catholic priest explained to me...

...The virgin birth was Gods 'loophole' way of getting around Satans attempt to corrupt the human seed (Nephilim).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity