Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 04:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The path is predestined, not those who choose or not to choose the path to the kingdom of God.. Those who choose the narrow path will be predestined . Very simple. God knows from beginning to end. He knows who is the elect ,who walk in righteousness.
That is not what predestination is...The other word used is preordained...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 04:39 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That is not what predestination is...The other word used is preordained...
Richard, would you mind explaining your understanding of the difference between the two. Also, do you believe in either predestination or preordination? Thanks.

Last edited by Katzpur; 01-12-2018 at 05:24 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 05:56 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Predestined has never meant pre-selected lottery winners by God......people hear what they want....here is what it really says....

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those 2 Tim. 1:9 who are the called according to His purpose.

29 For whom 2 Tim. 2:19 He foreknew, Rom. 9:23; 1 Cor. 2:7; Eph. 1:5, 11 He also predestined (2 Cor. 3:18)to be conformed to the image of His Son, (Col. 1:15, 18); Heb. 1:6 that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30

"CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON"

Old 01-12-2018, 06:05 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The problem with your closing statement= Jesus is only with --ONE single religion( 1Cor 1:10)--there are 34,000 to choose from that claim to be his. There is more than one Jesus being taught on earth. 99% chose wrong.

It's not a problem it's the TRUTH Jesus is the only way and the "body of Christ" contains ALL the believers on the planet today.......YOU have chosen wrong, but that can be corrected and I hope you do that

Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
It's not a problem it's the TRUTH Jesus is the only way and the "body of Christ" contains ALL the believers on the planet today.......YOU have chosen wrong, but that can be corrected and I hope you do that
Kjw47 believes you have chosen wrong, and you believe he has. And I'm sure you both believe I have. Doesn't this all strike you as kind of an uncharitable way to treat one another?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The path is predestined, not those who choose or not to choose the path to the kingdom of God.. Those who choose the narrow path will be predestined . Very simple. God knows from beginning to end. He knows who is the elect ,who walk in righteousness.

The way is through the gate into the outer court where the alter of burnt offerings is there for all nations. Then the second veil leads into the Tabernacles proper where only Israel may enter, and this is the truth where the bread for teaching is, and the truth of God's light, the sun in the court is darkness in comparison. Only the High Priest may enter the Holy of Holies and this is IN FACT, the Narrow path you speak of{THE ZOE ABUNDANT LIFE}. You are telling people to become Jewish Rabbi, one who squeezes and swirms into a place with no door as a virgin has a wall of separation. The Temple is made in the human anatomy of a virgin and a high priest is dressed as a circumcised Phallus with Pomegranites all over his garment on the bottom, and he is trying to get a temple pregnant year after year, but he never brought a sword in order to get through a narrow way.

The Narrow Gate
(Luke 13:22-30)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus is the very BROAD way when you walk past the veils into the outer court of Gentiles and you ARE STANDING IN THE BROAD WAY. In that court is a huge sign that reads,'' NO GENTILE PAST THIS POINT,'' and no Gentile may enter through the veil into the Holy place where only Israel may enter into. No Gentile May Enter,'' THE TRUTH, '' The TRUTH is called the Holy place, and inside the Holy place is the bread of God for teaching and a Rabbi will eat this bread to sustain him every week, and in the Holy place/THE TRUTH is where you find the 7 lights of God with the 7 characteristics of God and 7 spirits of God, these flames are to guide you as you eat the bread and are preparing to enter into the Holy of Holies to be born again, the uterus is the ark behind the veil that has no door, the narrow way
THE NARROW GATE/NO DOOR

THERE IS NO DOOR THAT LEADS INTO THE HOLY OF HOLIES, THE VEIL WEIGHS ABOUT 400 POUNDS AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET PAST THIS GATE AND VEIL IS TO CRAWL LIKE A WORM WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE VEIL PUSHING AGAINST YOU, OR TO SQUEEZE YOUR WAY THROUGH THE SiDE WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE VEIL SCRAPING AGAINST YOU.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Kjw47 believes you have chosen wrong, and you believe he has. And I'm sure you both believe I have. Doesn't this all strike you as kind of an uncharitable way to treat one another?
No, unless one denigrate the other.

We all should be trying to bring each other tigether because the divisions show God's spirit is not with everyone.

1 Corinthians 1:10 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Body of Christ is not divided. It is united.

1 Corinthians 1:10 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:24 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The Body of Christ is not divided. It is united.

also

1 Thessalonians 5:11The Message (MSG)
9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Richard, would you mind explaining your understanding of the difference between the two. Also, do you believe in either predestination or preordination? Thanks.
I spent a lengthy time studying Calvinism and Hyper-Calvinism vs Arminianism [which stem from Augustinianism and Pelagianism, respectively] back in my thirties, so I have a good education on the doctrine and where it comes from in the NT and particularly Romans...Some bibles use preordained while others use predestined...According to Christianity, You could say that Jesus was preordained to be the Messiah while he was predestined to die on the cross...Predestination is more along the lines of fate and preordination is more along the line of decision...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity