Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,180,593 times

Advertisements

From USA today........ The Vatican hopes to step up its game against demon possessions with a week-long international conference in April to address a threefold increase in demand in Italy alone for the services of exorcists.

The church is particularly alarmed over the uneven skills of some of its current exorcists and worried about priests who are no longer willing to learn the techniques.

The assessment is a major finding of a four-day meeting in Sicily that included testimony on sects and Satanism, according to Vatican Radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 10:09 AM

33,354 posts, read 26,577,135 times
I believe that while a believer can be demon influenced, he cannot be demon possessed since the believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. By 'demon influenced' I mean that there are ideas and teachings that Satan introduces into the world by various means such as entertainment, education, art (none of which are in themselves inherently evil), religious activity, government, etc. The believer who is not oriented to God's plan through study of the word of God and being consistently filled with the Holy Spirit can be deceived by Satanic ideas which are in opposition to God's plan and purpose for the believer. But again, I do not believe that a demon can take up residence in the body of a believer in Christ Jesus.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:39 PM

9,699 posts, read 10,053,685 times
Only people who had converted to Christ and later in life then lost their minds with illness like dementia or mental depression could be heavily demon influenced and still be saved to Christ for heaven , as God spirit will hold to believers who have lost their minds ............... Any believer who has the renewed conversion with the spirit of God through the redemption of Jesus Christ can have the spiritual authority to deliver themselves and others from demons spirits through Holy Spirit , so If these priest have the spiritual charismatic renewal of Christ for in other terminology born again God protects His own with His power

Old 03-04-2018, 05:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Demons are a figment of one's imagination.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,902,622 times
Demons (whatever they are) can exist inside ANYONE. Having a one-time salvation "experience" does not automatically fix every spiritual problem a person has. I know people born-again Christians for decades, with evidence of demons in the latter years. I would not respect any god who would even work that way. And that idea does not even line up with anything I find in the Bible either.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:40 PM

11,170 posts, read 7,230,977 times
Bright "light" (holiness/purity) and deep darkness (evil) cannot co-exist, so no to the question.

Also, incidences of "demons" are greatly exaggerated. Most (all?) that people label as such are likely just defective thinking (the mind playing tricks on them, combined with huge fear issues and ignorance). I'm not saying demons or evil spirits don't exist, but that them showing up is extremely rare. We give them huge amounts of validity and "power" for appearing and causing problems to many, when they really don't have that power. They're actually quite limited. But people want to take the easy way out and blame sources outside of the body, rather than looking honestly at their own brain, thinking patterns, and emotions. It's easier to blame a 'demon' than being personally responsible and accountable. We see that all around us in other areas too.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-04-2018 at 07:54 PM..

Old 03-04-2018, 08:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,716,747 times
Can a true BELIEVER in the body of Christ be demon possessed?

I think they can, yes. I would have thought not, but I've seen too much wickedness holding onto professing Christians to think otherwise at this point.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:56 PM

11,170 posts, read 7,230,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I think they can, yes. ... I've seen too much wickedness holding onto professing Christians to think otherwise at this point.
Again, it goes back to individuals and their brains and functioning. In this case, people claiming to be Christians, while not being so, not being authentic. I.e. Christian in name only. If they were less ignorant as to what being a Christian means, and if they were honest with themselves (seeing the disconnect between how Jesus lived and how they lived), this wouldn't be occuring. It's not a case of evil, it's a case of wayward human thinking, personal deception, and lack of personal responsibility/accountability.

We'd all be better off dropping the Dark Ages thinking, and get real with ourselves and others.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-04-2018 at 09:21 PM..

Old 03-05-2018, 12:18 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Again, it goes back to individuals and their brains and functioning. In this case, people claiming to be Christians, while not being so, not being authentic. I.e. Christian in name only. If they were less ignorant as to what being a Christian means, and if they were honest with themselves (seeing the disconnect between how Jesus lived and how they lived), this wouldn't be occuring. It's not a case of evil, it's a case of wayward human thinking, personal deception, and lack of personal responsibility/accountability.

We'd all be better off dropping the Dark Ages thinking, and get real with ourselves and others.
The concept of, or the word demon and demonic doesn't bother me as it does some because Jesus spoke of them. There are evil spirits in the world, no doubt about it. Some of them manifest in the lives of professing Christians as well as Atheists and people of other faiths or no faith at all.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,285,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The concept of, or the word demon and demonic doesn't bother me as it does some because Jesus spoke of them. There are evil spirits in the world, no doubt about it. Some of them manifest in the lives of professing Christians as well as Atheists and people of other faiths or no faith at all.
Considering this past year, evangelists on TV, the outcry for separation from the world, the desire to starve the hungry, reject education, allowing children to die in the name of "freedom," and watching 90% of the people struggle and fall into economic purgatory, these events are not the result of a Christ lead church, but rather these are the desires of a demonic possessed organization hell bent of dividing us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity