Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 10:17 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,371,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What entered Judas was already there, and that was his own thoughts, deeds and actions.
If you are looking for a devil with a pitchfork - there is no need to search beyond yourself.
Would you entertain that possibly our collective sub-consciences create this devil and it really isn't a person? All those bad vibes gotta go somewhere besides just internally. Even science now tells us we are all connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 10:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Would you entertain that possibly our collective sub-consciences create this devil and it really isn't a person? All those bad vibes gotta go somewhere besides just internally. Even science now tells us we are all connected.
People accuse others all the time, even when there is no justification for doing so.
Often times, we create that which has no merit, such as the devil made me do it.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:42 AM

11,208 posts, read 7,263,069 times
Judas didn't need a devil or demon to affect him. He only needed to let human greed, power, and manipulation grow and run its course in him. Greed for the money he would gain, power to lift him above the other disciples, and manipulation as in control and puppetry by the Jewish officials. There are some helpful visuals and lessons in his actions for us to pay attention to, if we're not off searching around for demons.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:53 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,371,541 times
Quote:
People accuse others all the time, even when there is no justification for doing so.
Often times, we create that which has no merit, such as the devil made me do it.
I agree no one to blame but ourselves but I think malevolent entities attach to anyone open to them. What that force is I don't know and it also can't be blamed for anything like you mention. They have no or little power over the living. Too many times in the bible demons are mentioned so if you give any credence to the bible, sounds like they are for real. To me, even they are real, I could kind of care less. I know the battle is internal in each one of us.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:34 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,937,481 times
Quote:
What entered Judas was already there, and that was his own thoughts, deeds and actions.
If you are looking for a devil with a pitchfork - there is no need to search beyond yourself.

If you read the account of the last supper--After Jesus gives Judas a morsel--satan enters him.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:37 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,937,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Well tell me this... how is it that Satan is allowed to walk around in heaven accusing God's people? Is there really anywhere in the Universe that God is not present?

At the war in heaven, satan and his angels were cast to the earth, never allowed back in heaven. This was the bruising of satans head-----(In Genesis--Jesus is foretold to do that, yet in revelation, Michael did it--2+2--Michael is Jesus.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If you read the account of the last supper--After Jesus gives Judas a morsel--satan enters him.
LOL So Jesus caused Judas' downfall? And apparently food is the route to becoming evil too huh? The humor on this forum is priceless sometimes. What's next; Judas drove a red Ferrari and sold children into slavery?

Old 03-06-2018, 01:26 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,626,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Satan entered Judas--he believed.
No, Judas Iscariot was never a believer. He was a disciple of Jesus but that merely means that he was a student of Jesus. He never accepted Him as Savior. And Jesus made this clear in the foot washing demonstration that He gave the disciples at the Last Supper just before He was arrested. John 13:4-14 gives the details. Jesus said that with the exception of Judas all the disciples were clean. This was a reference to the fact that with the exception of Judas they had all been saved and did not need to be fully bathed again but needed only to wash their feet, the most likely meaning of that being a reference to confessing their sins in order to get back in fellowship after having sinned. If Jesus' reference to the believer who has already bathed and is completely clean but needs only to wash his feet is analogous to recovery of fellowship then 1 John 1:9 states the mechanics. Washing your feet is not a salvation issue but rather is a fellowship issue. But Judas had never been fully cleaned. He had never been a believer and had never been saved.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,719,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
LOL So Jesus caused Judas' downfall? And apparently food is the route to becoming evil too huh? The humor on this forum is priceless sometimes. What's next; Judas drove a red Ferrari and sold children into slavery?
It's certainly not humorous to me. Jesus spoke to the 12 and said to them one of you will betray me. They were all troubled by this. Jesus also said that it would be the one with whom he shared the sop.

John 13:21-30 21After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, "Very truly I tell you, one of you is going to betray me." 22His disciples stared at one another, at a loss to know which of them he meant. 23One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him. 24Simon Peter motioned to this disciple and said, "Ask him which one he means." 25Leaning back against Jesus, he asked him, "LORD, who is it?" 26Jesus answered, "It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish." Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. 27As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. So Jesus told him, "What you are about to do, do quickly." 28But no one at the meal understood why Jesus said this to him. 29Since Judas had charge of the money, some thought Jesus was telling him to buy what was needed for the festival, or to give something to the poor. 30As soon as Judas had taken the bread, he went out. And it was night.

Have you ever considered what it might have been like to be APPOINTED to be the one who would betray Jesus?

Old 03-06-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Have you ever considered what it might have been like to be APPOINTED to be the one who would betray Jesus?
I've never considered him to be "appointed" to be the betrayer. I've never thought that God (or even Satan) "made him do it". Judas already had the character for carrying out such type of dirty deed. He might have even been given a chance (a test) by God to take a different path (not go through with it), but didn't, and so continued to be suited for the role of betrayer. Judas had only himself to blame.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-06-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity