Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 03:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Well, Adam did die. Death is frightenening. It is a natural fear built in. I am afraid if it wasn’T people would be jumping off buildings due life being hard.
Give over, that is fear talking out of what it does not know about the unknown. If i make my bed in hell you are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Insofar as I know, death is a punishment, you may view it as a blessing, but if I go with what the Bible says (and I do), it tells me that God told Adam if he ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he would die. This was not a reward for disobeying God.
Neither was it a punishment for disobeying God.... God knew exactly what would happen when he said "Do not eat of that tree"(It wasn't a test to see what they'd do).......... there was not an option until he said that, for as far as Adam and Eve were concerned ALL that He made was Good and that's all there was.. We come to this world of death(knowledge of good AND evil) to remember and return to the one we "thought" we were separated from(An illusion behind all that appears evil). If only Adam had said ..... Hang on God, i thought you said everything you made was only good, what's all this about then, there's actually something other than good out here?.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:51 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Insofar as I know, death is a punishment, you may view it as a blessing, but if I go with what the Bible says (and I do), it tells me that God told Adam if he ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he would die. This was not a reward for disobeying God.
Yes, it is a death sentence, not a death reward. A poster said the idea of hell is ungodly and unjust, and I asked if death and suffering on earth is also ungodly an unjust. It seems to be a tough question, because it is easy to deny hell, as no one alive has seen it, but death and suffering cannot be denied, and the Bible teaches it is inflicted upon us by God.

"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

Old 04-05-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And, no, I am not going to play the telephone game with you, Mr. Finn Jarber.
So, have a good night ...and call your doctor in the morning.
Hmmm....again? The love language of a universalist...... Trying to insult me does not make your arguments any more persuasive. Quite the contrary.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:24 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I'm a slave to this world because I attempt to apply sanity and decency to a version of a God who comes across - thanks to 'Christian teaching' - as being the total opposite? If that is being 'worldly' then 'worldly' I am. Whoever the Creator God is He is not the creator of hell-fire and eternal torment! Only human beings could come up with such a heinous belief as this!
Quote:
Ok so, you made a god to suite your own opinions and desires. Well good for you sparky. Good luck explaining your nonsense to the Lord of creation.
So, if I don't believe in, and give wholehearted support for, a belief that has unredemptive souls suffering eternal torment forever and ever, that is seen as ...nonsense?

Quote:
You might be walking around in some nice shiny shoes. But I wouldn’t want to be in those shoes on Judgment Day
I consider myself a Christian, i.e. a believer in Jesus Christ. So, on Judgment Day will not my 'sins' be imputed to Jesus Christ who paid the price for me on the cross? Or, will I be 'denied entry' because I didn't believe in the heinous teaching of eternal torment in hell as you say I should have? Have I somehow got it wrong?

Old 04-05-2018, 07:58 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
So, if I don't believe in, and give wholehearted support for, a belief that has unredemptive souls suffering eternal torment forever and ever, that is seen as ...nonsense?

I consider myself a Christian, i.e. a believer in Jesus Christ. So, on Judgment Day will not my 'sins' be imputed to Jesus Christ who paid the price for me on the cross? Or, will I be 'denied entry' because I didn't believe in the heinous teaching of eternal torment in hell as you say I should have? Have I somehow got it wrong?
I don’t make the call who gets into heaven or hell. But I have read countless blogs that sound just like you. And they reject quite of bit about what God has to say. They replaced His justice with their opinions on morality.

You sound a bit like the guy who thought he could fly. He Went to top floor of the building. He said he was going swoop down to local corner market for a six pack. Didn't work well for him either.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"]I consider myself a Christian, i.e. a believer in Jesus Christ. So, on Judgment Day will not my 'sins' be imputed to Jesus Christ who paid the price for me on the cross? Or, will I be 'denied entry' because I didn't believe in the heinous teaching of eternal torment in hell as you say I should have? Have I somehow got it wrong?
Jesus is the judge, not anyone here. The Bible says "examine yourself".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh427NVgSQ

Old 04-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus is the judge, not anyone here. The Bible says "examine yourself".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh427NVgSQ
That's weird coming from someone who believes they have the right to call out what they think is sin in others. Just go back on the threads about judging and see all your posts in support of taking the spec of dust out of your brothers eye.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Yes, it is a death sentence, not a death reward. A poster said the idea of hell is ungodly and unjust, and I asked if death and suffering on earth is also ungodly an unjust. It seems to be a tough question, because it is easy to deny hell, as no one alive has seen it, but death and suffering cannot be denied, and the Bible teaches it is inflicted upon us by God.

"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"
Quote:
Hmmm....again? The love language of a universalist...... Trying to insult me does not make your arguments any more persuasive. Quite the contrary.
First, I am not a Universalist or a Fundamentalist try to remember that. And secondly, an eternal life of pain and suffering (punishment) for a finite life would be an "injustice" and "ungodly" contrary to your opinion.

Adam or mankind have never been immortal, neither do they have an immortal soul for surely they will die. It's the experience of death that causes people to fear their mortality, so they concoct an after life story of good and evil. And then, they try to persuade others that they are to fear the wrath of God? Who, by the way - inflicts humanity with pain, suffering and death. But they really do not want to accuse God, so they create an arch enemy called Satan, not realizing that some things are just a part of this life. And they call it reality?

Old 04-05-2018, 12:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The Pope and all the Pope-people are silly folk.
yeah, they be some silly ill people alright.
freaking wandering stars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity