Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 07:47 AM

4,625 posts, read 6,463,577 times

Advertisements

I don't have Hulu and a friend spontaneously gave me his Hulu account information and password to use at will. Is it a sin to use his account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 08:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I don't have Hulu and a friend spontaneously gave me his Hulu account information and password to use at will. Is it a sin to use his account?
Yes.

However, if you say 3 Our Fathers and 5 Hail Marys after every use of Hulu, you will avoid hell when you die.

Probably.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,063,850 times
Quote:
If you sign a user agreement promising not to do that and you do it, it's theft. And theft is sin.

Same thing for buying those Amazon firesticks that are jailbroken and have Kodi installed to allow you to stream content for free that should be paid for. If you're accessing entertainment for free against the wishes of the provider, it's theft.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
I believe HULU and NETFLIX type programs allow for multiple users on one account.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If you sign a user agreement promising not to do that and you do it, it's theft. And theft is sin.

Same thing for buying those Amazon firesticks that are jailbroken and have Kodi installed to allow you to stream content for free that should be paid for. If you're accessing entertainment for free against the wishes of the provider, it's theft.
OH BOY! The orange man is in a boat load of trouble,huh?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:03 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
OH BOY! The orange man is in a boat load of trouble,huh?
I'm sorry I have no idea what that means.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,366,279 times
Meaning no disrespect, but it's a perfect example of why the disconnect between blind obedience to religious tenets and trying to make one's way in a marketplace ruled by logical, empirical reality causes so much trouble and hostility.

In this particular case, a joint account out to resolve most of the issue,

Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 AM

88,734 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
No. God wants us to be smart and resourceful and not waste what we have. I taught my daughter from a very young age that it is a sin to pay full price for anything. She returned the favor by adding me to her Netflix account when she grew up.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 AM

11,156 posts, read 7,218,422 times
I'm proud to say I have no idea what Hula is. Some kind of multimedia or TV thingy? LOL

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

So, is there such an agreement? I would think so. Is the person who takes advantage of another person breaking such an agreement culpable? IMO, yes. Honesty should encourage honesty. The companies involved in such media offerings pay for the privilege in order to make a profit. If all parties are willing to forgo such profit as in open source data, fine, otherwise property rights should be honored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity