Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 05:50 PM

33,382 posts, read 26,675,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I still enjoy putting forth the arguments and seeing who can come up with an explanation that is the most consistent. There is merit in discussing it but, yeah, I see it more as a philosophy than an absolute.

Edit: I tried to rep you but I must have already on another thread so thanks for answering.
You're very welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 05:56 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,189,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
God had to create evil first and then create the cure.

Open your eyes jimmiej

Wrong. Evil cannot be created......ever buy a gallon of evil?

God created perfect angels with a free will and 2 people in a perfect garden also with free will. They could have remained perfect but were tempted and tested by Lucifer and failed the test, just like we would. Satan serves a temporary purpose in testing people, when that is done in the millenium the devil is drop kicked into the lake of fire never to bother anybody again.

The world fell under a curse in Genesis 3 and has remained there til this day, this is not Gods idea of perfection at all. Perfection and the world the way God wants it comes when He forms a new heaven and new earth........then its beyond glorious for eternity..........can't wait.....

Old 04-26-2018, 07:31 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,155,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Maybe evil is necessary to define "good", just as cold provides a way to view hot, soft contrasts hard, light contrasts dark, etc. Opposites bring clarity.
Now you’re thinking...

Old 04-26-2018, 08:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,838,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now you’re thinking...
Yup, the wise are caught in craftinest.

I tried helpin.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:44 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Maybe evil is necessary to define "good", just as cold provides a way to view hot, soft contrasts hard, light contrasts dark, etc. Opposites bring clarity.
A necessary illusion to inform us something is wrong.

I hold it true that thoughts are things;
They’re endowed with bodies
 and breath and wings:

And that we send them forth to fill The world with good results, or ill.
That which we call our secret thought Speeds forth to earth’s remotest spot,
Leaving its blessings or its woes Like tracks behind it as it goes.
We build our future, thought by thought, For good or ill, yet know it not.

Yet so the universe was wrought.
Thought is another name for fate; Choose then thy destiny and wait,

For love brings love and hate brings hate.
Henry Van Dyke

Old 04-27-2018, 08:31 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,067,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And you believe that means God created evil? Please explain.
My friend, It has nothing to do with the purpose of evil, but in response to your statement regarding the "free will of man."

man was "made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.."

"From Him ta panta comes, through Him ta panta exists, and in Him ta panta ends."

Old 04-27-2018, 09:00 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,155,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Wrong. Evil cannot be created......ever buy a gallon of evil?

God created perfect angels with a free will and 2 people in a perfect garden also with free will. They could have remained perfect but were tempted and tested by Lucifer and failed the test, just like we would. Satan serves a temporary purpose in testing people, when that is done in the millenium the devil is drop kicked into the lake of fire never to bother anybody again.

The world fell under a curse in Genesis 3 and has remained there til this day, this is not Gods idea of perfection at all. Perfection and the world the way God wants it comes when He forms a new heaven and new earth........then its beyond glorious for eternity..........can't wait.....
Where does it say that the angels were created with free will?...

Old 04-27-2018, 09:04 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,513,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"I form light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil. I, the Lord, do all these things." -Isa. 45:7
Good one. I mean for Bible believers to explain...i did not open the evil link.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:06 AM

20,475 posts, read 12,872,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My friend, It has nothing to do with the purpose of evil, but in response to your statement regarding the "free will of man."

man was "made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.."

"From Him ta panta comes, through Him ta panta exists, and in Him ta panta ends."
Why do you assume vanity refers to evil? I see no translations that say such. I see the word futlity.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:11 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it say that the angels were created with free will?...
Who the hell is Lucifer? Is it not, man who exalts himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity