Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 12:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So God created evil, according to you. Correct me if I misunderstand you. Your writing (and lack of paragraphs) is difficult to understand.
It says it in the Tanakh that He did...So, what's your problem with understanding?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 03:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
So God created evil, according to you. Correct me if I misunderstand you. Your writing (and lack of paragraphs) is difficult to understand.
god created EVERYTHING, for without god nothing exists...

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

=======Hebrews 11:3

jimmiej, I thought you were a biblical scholar if not an AVID READER of scriptures...

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

=======COLOSSIANS 1:16

Old 04-29-2018, 03:20 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

jimmiej, I thought you were a biblical scholar if not an AVID READER of scriptures...

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Good cannot create evil. Otherwise, it would not be good.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
How many creators do you believe in ? If there is only one, then you agree by what you are saying here that evil is an illusion.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
I did not follow all your examples but many dealt with mistreatment of convicted criminals
Some dealt with injustices of the Catholic Church court
And the final example and question —how could any of that happen if there is a god-
You gave me a lot to respond to
First
When people go out and do bad stuff -then they say -god told me to do it
Second
If you cross on the red and the car hits you then you say -god struck me down-
God gets blamed for a lot of stuff

Old 04-29-2018, 03:55 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

there is a qualifier that comes with everything God created, a qualifier people seem to forget or do not want to see. that qualifier is GOOD.

And God saw EVERYTHING that He had made and it was GOOD.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:07 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, what did Joseph mean when he told his brothers that G-d MEANT IT for good, although they meant it for evil?...
making lemonade out of lemons.

Does not matter what evil people do God can weave it to our good.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Wrong. Evil cannot be created......ever buy a gallon of evil?

God created perfect angels with a free will and 2 people in a perfect garden also with free will. They could have remained perfect but were tempted and tested by Lucifer and failed the test, just like we would. Satan serves a temporary purpose in testing people, when that is done in the millenium the devil is drop kicked into the lake of fire never to bother anybody again.

The world fell under a curse in Genesis 3 and has remained there til this day, this is not Gods idea of perfection at all. Perfection and the world the way God wants it comes when He forms a new heaven and new earth........then its beyond glorious for eternity..........can't wait.....
How can something perfect be imperfect (fallible)?
To be fallible from the beginning is to be imperfect in that way.
Unless God is fallible........Well?

Satan believes and KNOWS that Jesus is God and God is right.... No? Why is Lucifer not "saved through faith" then, since he "passes the test"...

what is the procrastination with passing justice?

Disglory to all the false and jealous Judean creator gods (as imagined in various people's heads). Full disglory and shame.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:26 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Did god call lucifer good after creating him?

Was lucifer created before humans jimmiej?

Old 04-30-2018, 05:42 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
God created demons, right Jimmiej?

Did god declare demons good jimmiej?

Are demons evil jimmiej?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity