Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 12:54 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
i believe the bible does state how tall they were in a few different places, i recall they were somewhere around 450 ft tall, but the bible list the height in cubits
i THink the book of Enoch does and yes he seems to put it at 300 feet.. So maybe some kind of miss calculations.. I believe this EnocH is pre flood records. With each subsequent childs in that lines records/prophecies added to his records .. So enoch, then lamech , then noah.. Etc. The last copy written around 2000 years ago .. But it wasn't the first or original writtings.. . And they most were writting the prophetic words God gave them.. Just as the minor prophets had written their prophecies.. And some did write history like Enoch wrote some history.

But a true calculation of a pre floood figures/ calculations is irrelevant as if it was based on hands or feet or forearms even fingers ... And who knows what size anyone was ? To know the size of a hand or a forearm or a fingers width ( this is still how they measure horses by hands and fingers).. ... Size and scale of pre flood figures is
probably irrelevant and i think certainly unknowlable . because no one can tell us what the parts of their body are they using . and what the size was of that body..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 01:06 PM

23,234 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I had started a thread a few months ago with the question of Nephilim. Everybody had a different response, and many people just quoted Scripture. I am no closer to knowing what Nephilim are than I was before. Could someone paraphrase for me this time? What are Nephilim? Are they evil? Are they good? Does anybody know beyond a shade of a doubt?
The Pharaohs were walking Gods upon the Earth, they were able to go into any village and take of any woman they desired. They were just like the Caesars who claimed to be walking God's upon the Earth, there is still a memorial of Caesars Phallus standing in front of the Vatican of a Caesar who claimed to be a walking God. All the pharaohs were walking God and they were called Gods and sons of gods able to take any woman they desired.

I get this opinion from a man who was famously known as one of the greatest Hebrew translators and he worked for the nation of Israel under Benjamin Netanyehu and was friends with Bebee.

I tend to believe what the old Jewish Hebrews translators believe. Even if somebody tries to make something of it, what is the outcome other than debate and the simple fact that nobody can be proven either right or wrong and there are many people who spend night and day most of their lives speaking and searching things of supposed angels or entities that are not exactly human and frankly, it is just a subject that veers a person away from all other subjects where it becomes a thing for a person and it just simply doesn't teach about who God is, it is all up in the air, and nobody is going to prove this or that.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Only King Og of Bashan was left of the remaining Rephaites. (It is noteworthy that his sarcophagus was made of iron. Does it not, indeed, still remain in Rabbath of the Ammonites? It is thirteen and a half feet long and six feet wide according to standard measure.)

Another interesting side note about this verse is that it is a scribal insertion. It obviously was put in place way after Moses and after the defeat of Rephaites. When that was may be made more clear by another insertion in Deut.29:26-27:

They went and served other gods and worshiped them, gods they did not know and that he [YHWH] did not assign to them. That is why the Lord’s anger erupted against this land, bringing on it all the curses written in this scroll. So, the Lord has uprooted them from their land in anger, wrath, and great rage and has deported them to another land, as is clear today.

When were they deported to another land? This obviously must be AFTER the Babylonian captivity. This most like was added during the Persian rule.

Not only does this make it clear that there were scribal additions but also puts Mosaic authorship in question. From other material we know of scribal deletions as well.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I had started a thread a few months ago with the question of Nephilim. Everybody had a different response, and many people just quoted Scripture. I am no closer to knowing what Nephilim are than I was before. Could someone paraphrase for me this time? What are Nephilim? Are they evil? Are they good? Does anybody know beyond a shade of a doubt?
Fallen angels were appearing down here as mortals and having sex, making babies, they grew into giant men, very violent= the Nephlim. One of the reasons for the flood. And 8 other people knew God or listened to God--the rest the bible says--their thoughts were wicked all the time, violent. Todays world is similar-2Timothy 3-- satan disguises his side like this-2Corinthians 11:12-15)

Old 05-06-2018, 03:35 PM

33,334 posts, read 26,552,117 times
Although I posted this as an addendum in post #57, I thought I'd post it here as well. Scholar Michael Heiser commenting on the height of the giants in antiquity.

Colavito, Hanks, and Giants: Some Interaction by Heiser - Dr. Michael Heiser

Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,956 times
[quote=Shiloh1;51816579]Only King Og of Bashan was left of the remaining Rephaites. (It is noteworthy that his sarcophagus was made of iron. Does it not, indeed, still remain in Rabbath of the Ammonites? It is thirteen and a half feet long and six feet wide according to standard measure.)

Another interesting side note about this verse is that it is a scribal insertion. It obviously was put in place way after Moses and after the defeat of Rephaites. When that was may be made more clear by another insertion in Deut.29:26-27:

They went and served other gods and worshiped them, gods they did not know and that he [YHWH] did not assign to them. That is why the Lord’s anger erupted against this land, bringing on it all the curses written in this scroll. So, the Lord has uprooted them from their land in anger, wrath, and great rage and has deported them to another land, as is clear today.

When were they deported to another land? This obviously must be AFTER the Babylonian captivity. This most like was added during the Persian rule.

Not only does this make it clear that there were scribal additions but also puts Mosaic authorship in question. From other material we know of scribal deletions as well.[/QUOT] the Rephaites was of the head shaping Cannaites just like others here in the new world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifi...al_deformation

so rapheim means squat because no one even knows who they a were really. and head shaping would change things about them. such as size and amout of . de - evolution .

because of the head shaping they were probably just de- evolving slower than everyone else.
for a peekipoo at what I am saying, try this..
.https://www.google.com/search?q=maly...hrome&ie=UTF-8
so is dudes is de-evolving into women ? I wonder how long it will take? and from what Point did men fall from ? either way so much for evil-ution..
and to think Jesus tells us the unsaved won't be able to breed.. and maybe that could be happening sooner than later.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-06-2018 at 06:27 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 11:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Point is that is completely rubbish - myth.
You didnt answer my question, how could angels materialize human bodies? Where did this mass come from?

Im not sure why so many people debate about this, big deal, there were giants at that time...so what? We believe Jesus raised people from the dead, walked on water and cured all kinds of illnesses on the spot, but giants we have trouble believing? LOL

Old 05-08-2018, 12:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You didnt answer my question, how could angels materialize human bodies? Where did this mass come from?
Why would I have to answer that? I don't believe in myths of any kind.

Quote:
Im not sure why so many people debate about this, big deal, there were giants at that time...so what? We believe Jesus raised people from the dead, walked on water and cured all kinds of illnesses on the spot, but giants we have trouble believing? LOL
Yes, I pointed this out earlier. If you can believe in all the other myths why not that angles had sex with woman and produced giants.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:31 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,031,444 times
Quote:

The amount of physical matter in a human body is about the size of a grain of table salt, if you take all the space away between the atoms. The grain would weigh the same as the full size body. Not really a big deal, the physical realm.

Incidentally, people who have NDE's talk about how, as spirit they can go through solid matter without any resistance.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,368,775 times
Quote:

Angels don't need to materialize, they can take any shape or form they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity