Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 10:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
No, my friend I have only about 25 versions of the Sacred words and have never sat down and read any of them. Are we to assume the verse "ripped out of context" you are not in agreement with? Which side is some, not all?
I explained it above. Read the whole book in one sitting. It'll take you 45 minutes. There is now way possible that one can come to the conclusion that universal salvation is true based on a reasonable reading of the entire book of Romans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 10:57 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:

It is wonderful having the guidance of those who know how to be saved.. The fact is our Lord declared the new birth is like the wind blowing and we know not the parameters of such a blessed event. But let's make this simple.

"What must I do to be saved?"

And the Apostle St. Paul responded....

"Believe on/into the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved and your house."

Of course, the Master of the reconciliation spoke of "selling all you have" and "following me."
Not sure why you didn't reply with this the first time, but whatever. There is more to it - but I will deal with what you posted.

Jesus said sell your belongings and follow him. I actually think that was specific to whom He was talking. So I won't include that... otherwise, all believers would be called to sell their belongings - which is not the case.

Paul says believe on Christ. Do you equate that to believing the gospel? And what happens if a person never comes to believing on Christ?

Old 05-24-2018, 11:10 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Read the whole book in one sitting. It'll take you 45 minutes. There is now way possible that one can come to the conclusion that universal salvation is true based on a reasonable reading of the entire book of Romans.
B.F. perhaps you should spend a little longer under the anointing, but 45 minutes will never do! Never!

You have not let us know which side of the equation is some, not all! Or have I missed it?

And, while you are taking 45 minutes to read Romans in one sitting, try to grasp this....

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him, the all ends..."

Yes, ta pante means the all.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
B.F. perhaps you should spend a little longer under the anointing, but 45 minutes will never do! Never!

You have not let us know which side of the equation is some, not all! Or have I missed it?

And, while you are taking 45 minutes to read Romans in one sitting, try to grasp this....

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him, the all ends..."

Yes, ta pante means the all.
You're like that kid that comes home and sees a pie in the fridge with a note that says "Do not eat the pie!" and you dig in...because all you saw was "eat the pie!"

It really does matter what you read before and after the words you like.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Jesus said sell your belongings and follow him. I actually think that was specific to whom He was talking. So I won't include that... otherwise, all believers would be called to sell their belongings - which is not the case.
I just had a similar conversation with another poster...

"However, in that verse, "you did not chose Me" he was only speaking to his immediate disciples...Not to future disciples..."

This is exciting news! Have I got this clear: all "future" disciples choose Him.

It is wonderful to think my destiny as His disciple is rooted in my right decisions....how does the song go? "I have decided to follow Jesus...."

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

"We pursue God because, and only because, He has first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit. No man can come to Me, except the Father... draw him'(John 6:44)..this prevenient drawing takes from us every vestige of credit for the act of coming." -A.W. Tozer-

Question

What is your formula for knowing which words of the Master apply to me as a believer in 2018?

Old 05-24-2018, 11:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
You're like that kid that comes home and sees a pie in the fridge with a note that says "Do not eat the pie!" and you dig in...because all you saw was "eat the pie!"

It was put there intenionally so you would eat, i know i would have. I love pie, Rhubarb is my favorite, then Apple and Blackberry, then Damson. Meat pies, if you haven't had a British or Aussie meat pie you don't know what you are missing. Ronk, if you are reading this post and what to make me a fruit pie, go easy on the sugar please

Old 05-24-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:

We are not discussing pie, but the revelation of the Holy One. Again, which side of the equation only means some? I sure hope it is Adam1!

Old 05-24-2018, 11:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Weird...because we have Scripture that explicitly states he does not know some. That others will be cast into the fiery pit. That some will not believe and will be condemned.

I mean..you can't make this stuff up. It's like everything you say explicitly contradicts what Jesus said.
Yet it also says,
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Weird...because we have Scripture that explicitly states he does not know some. That others will be cast into the fiery pit. That some will not believe and will be condemned.

I mean..you can't make this stuff up. It's like everything you say explicitly contradicts what Jesus said.
The fiery pit of God's unquenchable love.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yet it also says,
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind.
Again....I could almost HEAR the ripping sound of that being ripped out of context!

You have a gift, my friend. Read the rest of the chapter, and the book of Hebrews. It's clear that Jesus died once for all, for the sins (as a sacrifice) to pay for the sins of those that trust in him.

Have you ever read the rest of Hebrews? Or do you just like this small passage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity