Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 01:38 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
If both sides were not equal, then both sides would not use the same word "MANY". We know it is ALL. However, I do not know the means by which ALL shall be saved, meaning, I do believe some will not come to Christ in this life, and I don't know exactly how they shall come to him after death if they have not come to him while in this mortal body. I don't have to know how. I am one who believes the warnings in the New Testament about reaping what we sow and many other places concerning judgement and punishment. However, the concept of eternal torment or "torture" is off the table because God never put it on the table because of the infinite depth of his mercy and love.
What I have come to realise that there is a lot of doctrine the church teaches which are only part truths and so there seems to be a skewed understanding of what is being saved and how it is being saved.

I agree with the reaping and sowing and judgements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 01:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
1co 15:22 for as in adam all die, so also in christ all will be made alive.
1co 15:23 but each in his own order: christ, the firstfruit; afterward those of christ at his coming.
1co 15:24 then is the end, when he delivers the kingdom to god, even the father, when he makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.

1co 15:25 for it is right for him to reign until he puts all the hostile ones under his feet; psa. 110:1
1co 15:26 the last hostile thing made to cease is death.
1co 15:27 for "he subjected all things under his feet;" but when he says that all things have been subjected, it is plain that it excepts him who has subjected all things to him. Psa. 8:6
1co 15:28 but when all things are subjected to him, then the son himself also will be subjected to the one who has subjected all things to him, that god may be all things in all.

It says that there is an order, and it doesn’t stop at his coming, those that are christ’s at his coming and then comes the end when the kingdom is subjected to him totally
Let's discuss equations-156307-deepak-chopra-quote-if-love

Old 05-23-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think its time to create a subforum for universalists/new agers.
Any denomination can post in the Christianity forum and you don’t even have to be a Christian to post, if you don’t want to participate in the thread DONT do it

Old 05-23-2018, 01:52 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Got a verse that says anything remotely close to that? Or are you just winging it and making it up as you go?
I tried to think of a reply, with some verses and then deleted it. There's no peace in answering your questions , for either you or me - it would be a frenetic state of doing to try to convince you that being is what you are (and everyone else too), and that matters more to God than anything else. It is so elementary, and why the religious leadership have missed it.

I have a few Twitter friends who retweet popular Christian preachers whom they follow, at which point they appear on my feed. Many tweets are about or contain the idea of doing - "what we're doing", "what they're doing", "who's serving who", etc. It makes my stomach churn. And the release that comes from knowing that I am in the Father, and there is nothing to do (because He is resting), although paradoxically it means you won't be bored with nothing to do (as a child blown by the spirit) It just means that your one-ness with Father never came from doing - because you or someone else did or didn't do something that made something acceptable or right.

If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself. If there was an equation to write, it is 1 = 1.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Why not rather a sub-forum of evangelicals/fundamentalists? I don't want any such thing actually because there is only ONE Christian forum -- just as there is only ONE God and Father of all. Does it really bother you to consider the truth about Jesus being the savior of the whole human race? Why?
The children of Israel wandered in the wilderness and went after other gods and never understood what it meant to be chosen by God (for the healing of the nations). Modern evangelical Christians are in the very same state today because they do not understand God's ultimate purpose.
There is a lot to be learned from the old because that is why Jesus came (to fulfill prophecy) and as he is the spirit of prophecy, and I think everything attributed to him is prophetic. It is much deeper than the man Jesus.

Rev 19:10 And I fell before his feet to worship him, but he said to me, Behold! Stop! I am a fellow-slave of yours, and of your brothers, having the testimony of Jesus. Worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All sin in Adam. All in Christ are saved (he's called the 2nd Adam). So the answer is both "All". The question is if one is in the first or the last Adam. To move from one to the other, one must be born a second time, as Jesus said in John 3.
Actually B.F. He is called the Last Adam. But let's try this...

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

so

by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

First Adam= Many made sinners>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Last Adam= Many made righteous

So simple, so profound...both sides equal: the mass made sinners: the mass made righteous

Old 05-23-2018, 01:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Any denomination can post in the Christianity forum and you don’t even have to be a Christian to post, if you don’t want to participate in the thread DONT do it
Is is a denomination? I didn't say you can't post. I think it is a reasonable suggestion, since people are pushing new age/universalism on every thread. Same posts are copy/pasted on multiple threads. Might as well give them their own forum.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Why not rather a sub-forum of evangelicals/fundamentalists?
Sure, we could have an "Evangelical/Biblical Christianity" forum separated from alternate views.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:03 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Are you saying the all in Adam doesn’t include Adam?
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
Exactly! The same ALL who die in Adam 1 made alive in the Last Adam...glorious equations!

As in Adam ALL die

SO ALSO

In Christ shall ALL be made alive.

1st Adam all die>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Last Adam all made alive.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is is a denomination? I didn't say you can't post. I think it is a reasonable suggestion, since people are pushing new age/universalism on every thread. Same posts are copy/pasted on multiple threads. Might as well give them their own forum.
It is scriptural, Jesus was new age to the Jews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity