Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
nah all you said about the kosmos was that it was referring to all types of people, you did NOT deal with any of the scriptures I gave in reference to the kosmos. total arrogance to think people have to believe what you say no matter what.
Go read my posts! You too have a problem with Paul and John not me - if you think they are arrogant so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 06:42 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,033,677 times
Pneuma & Jerwade, you got here just in the nick of time. Rose has come close to being swayed by our resident unbeliever.

Lets Hear a brief word regarding being locked in disobedience

Romans 11:32 For God has consigned all men to disobedience, so that He may have mercy on them all.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/roma...2-compare.html

Old 06-08-2018, 06:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,394,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then you are saying God is a day dreamer. You do know the scripture says with God all things are possible?. Why in your mind would God fail to do the seemingly impossible when it comes to his desire, will and ableness to save all. It's as if God is saying "I can do anything but you know what these sinners and their wills are tough bunch to crack, i can't force them to believe, so i will just stand by and watch them choose blindly their own fete", because that is what you are saying, and that is what you are building your argument upon no matter how you are tellling yourself that you are not. Your mind is already made.

The scriptures that God desires all to be saved have been provided to you.
Ya its funny, he hated the fundamental understanding of scripture which caused him to become an atheist and yet he turns around and defends that which he believes is all made up myths. Go figure. We have given him a different understanding of the scriptures to show God is not a failure or a schizophrenic monster, but he would rather believe that God is evil incarnate then see a God of love unfailing. or unfailing Love

Old 06-08-2018, 06:46 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Ya its funny, he hated the fundamental understanding of scripture which caused him to become an atheist and yet he turns around and defends that which he believes is all made up myths. Go figure. We have given him a different understanding of the scriptures to show God is not a failure or a schizophrenic monster, but he would rather believe that God is evil incarnate then see a God of love unfailing. or unfailing Love

How can I believe God is evil incarnate and be an atheist? See I knew you were not good at logic. You are so confused you are not even making any sense anymore.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:50 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Pneuma & Jerwade, you got here just in the nick of time. Rose has come close to being swayed by our resident unbeliever.

Lets Hear a brief word regarding being locked in disobedience

Romans 11:32 For God has consigned all men to disobedience, so that He may have mercy on them all.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/roma...2-compare.html

...that he might show mercy to all. What did you tell me about the Subjunctive Rose or was that Jerwade? Don't make me expose your ignorance and wrongheadedness. Oh wait I have been doing that for about 200 posts.

Boy you guys are really hanging yourself now!

Old 06-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You can keep your sarcasm to yourself. You've shown yourself to be unteachable. You're not interested in what the Bible says, you only care about clinging to your cherished but unbiblical belief that God will save everyone. He won't.

And stop pretending to understand Greek. You've already been shown what an actual Greek scholar had to say about it. Now, you are too tiny to bother with any longer.

Oh, and I invite any interested readers to refer to post #511 where I quoted Greek scholar Daniel Wallace concerning the matter.
ya and rose quoted Jonathan Mitchell.

It is like I said schalors disagree so we have to go by Gods purpose in sending Jesus which we all should know by now is to make humankind in his image and likeness, which of course cannot happen unless all have faith and believe.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No, I am not making a case out of it, but I would like to know what the difference is between Acts 15:11 and that of 1 Timothy 2:4, do not both relate to the indicative or aorist moods? Because it almost sounds as if you are saying that your believing to be saved is greater than his desire, otherwise it is merely a potential?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
There is a basic definition for the infinitive and there is addition nuances depending on the grammar and syntax, why is this so hard. In Acts that additional information does not grant a potential but one of either an infinitive of Result or Means. This is about the semantic range based upon the grammar in the text. This is seen by the following prepositional phrase - 'in the same manner.'

He believes that they are saved in the same manner as them. But I'll let Mike answer as well.
If he desires them to be saved in like manner, then ALL will come to that knowledge sooner or later.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
From what you have written that seems impossible!

God's will to save the sinner requires faith - that's his declaration. Faith is required on the sinners part. God has a desire to save all but unless faith is exercised by the sinner salvation does not happen - justification, sanctification, and glorification will not take place. And since all have not nor will believe then his desire is unmet. Only some will believe. It's not hard to understand! Again go read the details in my other posts.
what if some did not believe does that make the faithfulness of God of none effect. God forbid.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:00 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If he desires them to be saved in like manner, then ALL will come to that knowledge sooner or later.

The manner in which he desires is BY FAITH! Not all will have faith. In Acts Peter is stating that he believes that this is how the Gentiles will be saved as well - in the same manner.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Shiloh, I sure trust your pal in arms (Mike) has not stomped off from us who are too small to be bothered. I will state again, and again, and again if necessary>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"God is the Savior of all mankind, & especially those who believe/ trust in Him"

Our God IS the Savior of all mankind, not a potential Savior, He is the Savior; and I declare unto you and anyone else reading, every last little will will bow and confess IN/EN the Name "You are Lord" to the glory of God the Father! You do know what being in/en the Name entails, if not I will attempt as a resident "clown" to lead you to the full meaning!
amen, we have told them this many a time already they just cannot see it. Sometimes it takes the little widow woman to keep after the unjust judge before he will change his mined.

You are doing a good imitation of that woman. keep up the good work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity