Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 06:29 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,423,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God the Father sent Jesus into the world to die for the sins of the world (unlimited atonement) thus making salvation possible for everyone. The gift of salvation is offered to all. But that doesn't automatically save anyone. A person has to respond to the gospel by placing his faith in Christ Jesus in order to saved. A person can refuse to come to Jesus for salvation and remain under eternal condemnation. That person will not be saved. God does not intend to save anyone against their will. While God desires that all men be saved, that simply is not going to happen and the Bible quite clearly makes a distinction between those who will be resurrected to eternal life and those who will be resurrected to eternal punishment.

Mike 5555, That is slightly different to what you said before. Naturally speaking have you ever heard of anyone who is in a situation where they need saving refuses to, whether it be from drowning, in a house fire, trapped in a mine or a multitude of other situations?, you haven't have you. How about from the rescuers perspective, have you ever known anyone not to go above and beyond using every means possible to save someone no matter how good or bad those they are trying to save maybe?, no you haven't. For crying out loud, we are even seeing animals saving other animals now on social media, and you want us to believe man wills not to be saved?....I am not having it, i will not entertain the thought, or more to the point will never allow myself to entertain such a thought that we being human will do our utmost to save but God somehow has got to get by obstacles we humans never even consider to save and rescue someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 07:00 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,066,597 times
Quote:
God does not intend to save anyone against their will. While God desires that all men be saved, that simply is not going to happen...
Is that a fact? You do know that the Master of reconciliation indicates otherwise. Assuming you know what being in Christ Jesus means, let us hear from St. Paul again>>>>>>>

"That in/en the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess You are Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Should Rose pull one of my favorite Baptists over to our link to discuss perfunctory genuflections? That can be done with pleasure. In the meantime, if you look down at the bottom of last page (#698), there is a small question awaiting your expertise.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered...."

Old 06-09-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Mike 5555, That is slightly different to what you said before. Naturally speaking have you ever heard of anyone who is in a situation where they need saving refuses to, whether it be from drowning, in a house fire, trapped in a mine or a multitude of other situations?, you haven't have you. How about from the rescuers perspective, have you ever known anyone not to go above and beyond using every means possible to save someone no matter how good or bad those they are trying to save maybe?, no you haven't. For crying out loud, we are even seeing animals saving other animals now on social media, and you want us to believe man wills not to be saved?....I am not having it, i will not entertain the thought, or more to the point will never allow myself to entertain such a thought that we being human will do our utmost to save but God somehow has got to get by obstacles we humans never even consider to save and rescue someone.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:36 AM

33,378 posts, read 26,667,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Is that a fact? You do know that the Master of reconciliation indicates otherwise. Assuming you know what being in Christ Jesus means, let us hear from St. Paul again>>>>>>>

"That in/en the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess You are Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Should Rose pull one of my favorite Baptists over to our link to discuss perfunctory genuflections? That can be done with pleasure. In the meantime, if you look down at the bottom of last page, there is a small question awaiting your expertise.

Paul was not a universalist as can be seen from his statement in 2 Thessalonians 1:6.
2 Thessalonians 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7] and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8] dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9] These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Many, including the theologian Albert Barnes (1778-1870) understand that Philippians 2:10-11 is not teaching universalism. Even God's defeated enemies will be forced to acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. They will then be cast into the lake of fire.
And things under the earth - Beings under the earth. The whole universe shall confess that he is Lord. This embraces, doubtless, those who have departed from this life, and perhaps includes also fallen angels. The meaning is, that riley shall all acknowledge him as universal Lord; all how to his sovereign will; all be subject to his control; all recognize him as divine. The fallen and the lost will do this; for they will be constrained to yield an unwilling homage to him by submitting to the sentence from his lips that shall consign them to woe; and thus the whole universe shall acknowledge the exalted dignity of the Son of God. But this does not mean that they will all be saved, for the guilty and the lost may be compelled to acknowledge his power, and submit to his decree as the sovereign of the universe. There is the free and cheerful homage of the heart which they who worship him in heaven will render; and there is the constrained homage which they must yield who are compelled to acknowledge his authority.

Philippians 2 Barnes' Notes

Old 06-09-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, it is not slightly different than what I said before. I expanded on what I said before because you people isolated the first sentence in post #671 from what followed. And what followed that first sentence, ''No, He does not intend to save all people.'' had explained the first sentence.

Post 671

No, He does not intend to save all people. And the contrast between those who are resurrected to eternal life and those who are resurrected to disgrace and everlasting contempt and judgment makes that clear. The two groups are mutually exclusive and are not interchangeable. Those who are resurrected to eternal life will always have eternal life while those who are resurrected to disgrace, everlasting contempt, and judgment will always remain in that status. (Daniel 12:2; John 5:28-29)
No matter how much you reject it, the Bible teaches that all men are not going to be saved. Many are going to eternal judgment. Universalism is simply not a Biblical teaching.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Paul was not a universalist
Of course not.

Why don't you attempt to answer the post? Do you know what being in/en Christ means?

Mike declares God does not intend to save anyone against their will. While God desires that all men be saved, that simply is not going to happen...

You do know that the Master of reconciliation indicates otherwise. Assuming you know what being in Christ Jesus means, let us hear from St. Paul again>>>>>>>

Should Rose pull one of my favorite Baptists over to our link to discuss perfunctory genuflections? That can be done with pleasure. In the meantime, if you look down at the bottom of last page (#698), there is a small question awaiting your expertise.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Of course not. Why don't you attempt to answer the post?

Mike declares God does not intend to save anyone against their will. While God desires that all men be saved, that simply is not going to happen...

You do know that the Master of reconciliation indicates otherwise. Assuming you know what being in Christ Jesus means, let us hear from St. Paul again>>>>>>>

As shown, Paul's statement in 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9 shows that everyone is not going to be saved (delivered).

Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 AM

Mike: You must spend more time in the Presence and less time with parsing and exegete(ing)!

I do not blame you for not knowing what the significance of all beings in the heavens, and earth, and the underworld are expressing in their worship of Jesus Christ in/en His glorious Name.

Perfunctory Genuflections

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampsh). First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22 ; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13 . Under the earth (katacqoniwn). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T." -A. T. Robertson-

Mike: I will bet on the life of my favorite marriage partner, you cannot wait to hear what A.T.R declares on Rev 5.13

Old 06-09-2018, 08:18 AM

Mike: do not go stomping off again until you address the following...

"I've mentioned a number of times on this forum that I believe in a so called age of accountability. That anyone who is incapable of making a faith decision is automatically saved." =Mike

This is indeed wonderful news! We know a girl who has the mental capacity of a child less than 5 years of age. She, and millions of others across our little globe with the same capacity as her, I assume can apply for the "age of accountability rule". Do you have any idea how twisted and incomplete your knowledge of our gracious and loving Heavenly Father (Abba) really is?

"In one way or another, God makes sure that we all experience what it means to be outside so that he can personally open the door and welcome us back in."

Old 06-09-2018, 09:58 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In this situation, just because Israel failed does not mean that God is unfaithful for ALL of Israel WILL BE SAVED.
And it is no different with the rest of humanity because of the FAITHFULNESS OF CHRIST JESUS.

It is not Pneuma who lacks the power of the mind to think, understand and form judgments by the process of logic and reasoning.

Read the context - that is in the future. What of those in Israel at the PRESENT moment Paul wrote that? The majority DID NOT BELIEVE. And I already went over the future aspect of ALL ISRAEL being saved. Both you and pneuma don't understand context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity