Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I'll say it again with an addition:

What then? If some did not believe, does their unbelief nullify the faithfulness of God? Absolutely not! Let God be proven true, and every human being shown up as a liar,...

Does not say anything about saving all men. You should read Romans particularly Chapter 3. People's unbelief does NOT nullify God's faithfulness in Christ's work on the cross. Complete opposite of what you said! You think if everyone does not believe then God does fail.

Just as you don't nullify the Law because of the requirement of faith you do not nullify the cross because of unbelief. Get that deep into you head. God's work on the cross is effectual through faith - as such his faithfulness is not nullified nor has it failed as you keep stupidly repeating.
You are not taking into consideration God's ability to accomplish his desires, you are belittling it, but you have the will man to be greater than the desire of God. God is not trying to save folk from eternal torment to an eternal heaven, the message was never that, it was changed into that by the evangelicals. God is saving us from a belief that we are alienated from him because of the sin we condemn ourselves with(Something that can never be accepted while reading the bible literally and at the same time believing the doctrines of the evangelicals, it is nigh on impossible to)It is also total BS to believe that someone who is made fully aware of they will be eternally tormented if they don't believe to say, "you know what, i quite fancy being eternally tormented, i choose not to believe thank you very much". As much as you think you are trying to methodically break down scripture to prove there will be a number that are not saved, you are blind to the fact you are methodically breaking them down by your biased beliefs (yes you are if you believe salvation is anything to do with heaven and hell).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 10:58 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,033,677 times
Quote:
What don't you understand about the highlighted part in which I asked you and you ignored.
You and your twin Mike are on my DO NOT IGNORE LIST! In fact I hang on every one of your inspired words. You will never ever know how much both of you mean to us (at least Rose). Our God has made it quite clear: the mass of mankind are made sinners, the mass of mankind will be made righteous! Again the same mass on both sides of the equation!

In the Scripture under consideration the Lord declares all/pas of mankind are in the prison house of unbelief (except you and Mike), and upon that same all/pas He will have mercy. I know how you despise equations, but alas, with help from Mike, you can parse and exegete to your hearts content!

"For God has locked up all in the prison of unbelief, that upon all alike He may have mercy."

Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM

33,281 posts, read 26,487,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, he will force them to believe in him and then, they will be eternally damned for not believing in him?
And you do not see a problem with your thought process or the absurdity of what you call the Gospel?

All will be compelled to recognize that Christ is Lord of all. That includes His defeated enemies who will be forever separated from Him in the lake of fire. Recognizing the Lordship of Christ is not the same as placing your faith in Him for salvation. And it's not the same as wanting anything to do with Him. It's simply a matter of recognizing that you are in subjection to Him whether or not you want to be.

Demons know who Jesus is, and they know that they are doomed.
Matthew 8:28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29] And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"

Old 06-09-2018, 11:03 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I must have MISSED your future aspect of ALL ISRAEL BEING SAVED. But you continue to miss that ALL WILL COME to the FULL KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH in due time. Which you might say is in the FUTURE, as no one is SAVED in this present life that we live.
We have been arguing this with the passages from the NT, for many posts, showing how all individuals will not be saved.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
What don't you understand about the highlighted part in which I asked you and you ignored.

Yep, and I explained this verse IN DETAIL and you had nothing but assertions and re-quotes like now. All i Adam will die and all in Christ will be made alive - it does not say all are going to be in Christ. Only those that ARE IN CHRIST will be resurrected to life.
ALL MANKIND will die, and ALL MANKIND will be made alive.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:07 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
No, all die IN ADAM, all will be made alive IN CHRIST. The most important part you left out. Why?

Old 06-09-2018, 11:10 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,033,677 times
Quote:
Liars will continue to lie!

No one said 'all' means 'some'. You can't but help distort what we have clearly explained to you guys numerous times.

You guys are so dumb you can't understand this simple fact that is taught in the NT.
Tell us pas does not mean the radical all. Parse it, exegete it to your hearts content! Shall Rose pull up the meaning of "pas" for you and Mike? Available upon request.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered"

Old 06-09-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Just as you don't nullify the Law because of the requirement of faith you do not nullify the cross because of unbelief. Get that deep into you head. God's work on the cross is effectual through faith - as such his faithfulness is not nullified by some unbelief nor has it failed as you keep stupidly repeating.
The idea that we must put ourselves back under the Law of sin and death is heresy.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:
No, all die IN ADAM, all will be made alive IN CHRIST. The most important part you left out. Why?
Adam is Mankind, not one individual.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:17 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are not taking into consideration God's ability to accomplish his desires, you are belittling it, but you have the will man to be greater than the desire of God. God is not trying to save folk from eternal torment to an eternal heaven, the message was never that, it was changed into that by the evangelicals. God is saving us from a belief that we are alienated from him because of the sin we condemn ourselves with(Something that can never be accepted while reading the bible literally and at the same time believing the doctrines of the evangelicals, it is nigh on impossible to)It is also total BS to believe that someone who is made fully aware of they will be eternally tormented if they don't believe to say, "you know what, i quite fancy being eternally tormented, i choose not to believe thank you very much". As much as you think you are trying to methodically break down scripture to prove there will be a number that are not saved, you are blind to the fact you are methodically breaking them down by your biased beliefs (yes you are if you believe salvation is anything to do with heaven and hell).
Nope, again God REQUIRES FAITH! So that is his will. We showed from the NT these things. Your problem is with the Bible not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity