Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 06:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, they are successfully drawing people away from God, its kind of like a contest between God and satan, whoever has the most souls at the end, wins!

Of course there is a huge contradiction in the bible, it says hell will never prevail, but it also says few will achieve heaven...both cannot be accurate.
Persian mythologies with its dualistic conflict between good and evil.
Which is also responsible for this "us" verses "them" mentality.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:46 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What exactly does this Satan you believe in get out of all his efforts to tempt us into perdition? What is Satan's payoff?
ANY of you Satan believers? Please help me out here with an answer. I can't see ANY upside for this Satan character.
Again what do the demons get out of their job? What does their boss get from it all? What is their upside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Wouldn't the payout be the evolution of the person being tested?
You don't count.You know it is part of us NOT some supernatural bad guy. I am asking those who believe in a real Satan out there and I have yet to get a satisfactory answer.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:10 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Again what do your demons get out of their job? What does their boss get from it all? What is their upside?
There is no light without darkness, no darkness without light. There is a spiritual war going on in the heavenly realms where the earth was created to assist in this war, producing saints and brethren but also producing demons who love a lie, and who love to tell a lie. Demons come to a person and the person say,'' I have just obtained the Holy spirit,'' and they really believe any spirit that will come along, and the spirits that come, they think they have arrived as being guiding spirits.

We have that most brilliant of all stories about Elijah and how the unclean birds brought him meat, and meat is just knowledge just as we drink the milk of the word to eat meat.

There are very many reasons for demons and lying spirits, it's how war works. If I tell you that many demons have come to me, you wouldn't believe me, but come they do, and all of them think they are smarter than the one before.

Micaiah Prophesies Against Ahab
19And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

…21Then a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD, and said, ‘I will entice him.’ ‘By what means?’ asked the LORD. 22And he replied, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ ‘You will surely entice him and prevail,’ said the LORD. ‘Go and do it.’ 23So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours, and the LORD has pronounced disaster against you.”…

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie,

Judges 9:23
God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the leaders of Shechem and caused them to treat Abimelech deceitfully,

1 Samuel 16:14
After the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, a spirit of distress from the LORD began to torment him.

1 Samuel 18:10
The next day a spirit of distress sent from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied inside the house while David played the harp as usual. Now Saul was holding a spear,

1 Samuel 19:9
But as Saul was sitting in his house with his spear in his hand, a spirit of distress from the LORD came upon him. While David was playing the harp,

1 Kings 22:21
Then a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will entice him.' 'By what means?' asked the LORD.

2 Kings 3:13
Elisha, however, said to the king of Israel, "What have we to do with each other? Go to the prophets of your father and of your mother!" "No," replied the king of Israel, "for it is the LORD who has summoned these three kings to deliver them into the hand of Moab."

Ezekiel 14:9
But if the prophet is enticed to speak a message, then it was I the LORD who enticed him, and I will stretch out My hand against him and destroy him from among My people Israel.

Zechariah 13:2
And on that day, declares the LORD of Hosts, I will erase the names of the idols from the land, and they will no longer be remembered. I will also remove the prophets and the unclean spirit from the land.

No more prophets? Shall every prophet be ashamed of his prophesy? I see prophets from shore to shore, and none of them are ashamed, in fact, they have become extremely bold that people should hear their prophesy.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-01-2018 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-01-2018, 08:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
The wages of sin are death
Nothing easier then the down trip on a roller coaster

Old 07-01-2018, 08:18 PM

What is sin?

Where is the list? How can we strive not to sin if we don't have a list?

Old 07-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There is no light without darkness, no darkness without light. There is a spiritual war going on in the heavenly realms where the earth was created to assist in this war, producing saints and brethren but also producing demons who love a lie, and who love to tell a lie. Demons come to a person and the person say,'' I have just obtained the Holy spirit,'' and they really believe any spirit that will come along, and the spirits that come, they think they have arrived as being guiding spirits.

There are very many reasons for demons and lying spirits, it's how war works. If I tell you that many demons have come to me, you wouldn't believe me, but come they do, and all of them think they are smarter than the one before.

…21Then a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD, and said, ‘I will entice him.’ ‘By what means?’ asked the LORD. 22And he replied, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ ‘You will surely entice him and prevail,’ said the LORD. ‘Go and do it.’ 23So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours, and the LORD has pronounced disaster against you.”…

For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie,

The Man of Sin
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Demons of spirits that were alive at one time, these demons come to bring delusions to a person who simply will not believe God.

The spirits are lying spirits that will lead a person in GREAT and MYSTERIOUS WONDERS TO EVEN STAND OPPOSING AND EXALTING HIMSLEF AND HIS OWN BELIEF OVER THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. THE PEOPLE INDWELLED WITH THESE SPIRITS ARE UNDER STRONG DELUSIONS COMPLETLY CONSUMMED BY THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY THAT WOULD STAND ABOVE GOD, EVERYTHING CALLED OF GOD OR WORSHIPPED OF GOD, AND THESE DELUSIONS ARE SO STRONG AS TO ALMOST LEAD THE REMNANT OF EPHRAIM AWAY.

SPIRITS ARE REAL, THERE IS A REAL SPIRITUAL WAR TAKING PLACE.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:36 PM

The First Six Bowls of Wrath
…12Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings of the East. 13And I saw three unclean spirits that looked like frogs, coming from the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. 14These are demonic spirits that perform signs and go out to all the kings of the earth, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God, the Almighty.…

Spirits inside people, what are the names of these 3 spirits, and what do they come to do?

Revelation 12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time

Why does Satan know that his time is short?

He knows, and he very well should know.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:

We have that most brilliant of all stories about Elijah and how the unclean birds brought him meat, and meat is just knowledge just as we drink the milk of the word to eat meat.

Micaiah Prophesies Against Ahab
19And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

Judges 9:23
God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the leaders of Shechem and caused them to treat Abimelech deceitfully,

1 Samuel 16:14
After the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, a spirit of distress from the LORD began to torment him.

1 Samuel 18:10
The next day a spirit of distress sent from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied inside the house while David played the harp as usual. Now Saul was holding a spear,

1 Samuel 19:9
But as Saul was sitting in his house with his spear in his hand, a spirit of distress from the LORD came upon him. While David was playing the harp,

1 Kings 22:21
Then a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will entice him.' 'By what means?' asked the LORD.

2 Kings 3:13
Elisha, however, said to the king of Israel, "What have we to do with each other? Go to the prophets of your father and of your mother!" "No," replied the king of Israel, "for it is the LORD who has summoned these three kings to deliver them into the hand of Moab."

Ezekiel 14:9
But if the prophet is enticed to speak a message, then it was I the LORD who enticed him, and I will stretch out My hand against him and destroy him from among My people Israel.

Zechariah 13:2
And on that day, declares the LORD of Hosts, I will erase the names of the idols from the land, and they will no longer be remembered. I will also remove the prophets and the unclean spirit from the land.

No more prophets? Shall every prophet be ashamed of his prophecy? I see prophets from shore to shore, and none of them are ashamed, in fact, they have become extremely bold that people should hear their prophesy.
This disgusting description of a thoroughly evil LORD convinces me that you have indeed been visited by demons or something similar. That you could think that such descriptions would evoke anything but revulsion and disgust for this LORD you describe boggles the mind. What stretches credulity to the Max is that you think any of these attitudes are remotely connected to Jesus the Christ.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
This disgusting description of a thoroughly evil LORD convinces me that you have indeed been visited by demons or something similar. That you could think that such descriptions would evoke anything but revulsion and disgust for this LORD you describe boggles the mind. What stretches credulity to the Max is that you think any of these attitudes are remotely connected to Jesus the Christ.
HAHAHA LOL, I guess you told me..... I guess you gotta have your own opinion, and I can assure you, within me is a son of perdition right now.

I just put those stories up to show that spirits move around, to show that I actually believe in spirits, I believed people have had spirits, I believe people have spirits now, and I believe there is a spiritual war going on right now.....Is it that terrible if we put up scriptures about what spirits might be doing?

Just a min, I am receiving a message right now.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
HAHAHA LOL, I guess you told me..... I guess you gotta have your own opinion, and I can assure you, within me is a son of perdition right now.

I just put those stories up to show that spirits move around, to show that I actually believe in spirits, I believed people have had spirits, I believe people have spirits now, and I believe there is a spiritual war going on right now.....Is it that terrible if we put up scriptures about what spirits might be doing?

Just a min, I am receiving a message right now.
In all honesty, I am not certain at all that the spirits of those who die completely devoid of love are not influencing the living in some way. I just hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity