Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 12:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Mortals have a very hard time understanding Gods thoughts. They twist it into oblivion.
You’re mortal...

Old 07-02-2018, 12:18 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In all honesty, I am not certain at all that the spirits of those who die completely devoid of love are not influencing the living in some way. I just hope not.
I can only speak for myself, I was raised Pentecostal completely convinced I was walking in the Holy spirit, and I stopped for my reasons. I began to study the differences in Jews and gentiles and I found every single promise that God made to a Gentile and I was bound and determined to do whatever was asked. I found each place where God said to test him, and I tested him beyond measure, and I sacrificed a great sacrifice and after I did, A spirit came to me, and nobody could deny it because my entire family, all 3 of my children and even my x-wife, my mother and my father all had the same dream, and had this not happened, they would have locked me away. I wasn't alone anymore, and while I thought I was filled with the holy spirit the first time in my life, it was not. Although it showed me many things, it also drove me crazy for years until I came back to myself. Spirits come and go because they have purpose just as everyone who dies will have a purpose. Sometimes going crazy has a purpose.

O king Hannibal Flavius, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. 32And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. 33The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Hannibal Flavius: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws

Let it be so.......And they never heard from Hannibal again

Old 07-02-2018, 05:10 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You’re mortal...

Yes I am. I have made many errors through the years. All possess this heart-Jeremiah 17:9-- All make bad choices, and believe untrue things until the facts are present.
Solomon--Gods anointed king-- The one whom God called the wisest man who lived. He fell to false god worship. Why? Jeremiah 17:9 is why.
He let his heart reason falsely by opposing Gods view of not taking foreign wives.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Yes I am. I have made many errors through the years. All possess this heart-Jeremiah 17:9-- All make bad choices, and believe untrue things until the facts are present.
Solomon--Gods anointed king-- The one whom God called the wisest man who lived. He fell to false god worship. Why? Jeremiah 17:9 is why.
He let his heart reason falsely by opposing Gods view of not taking foreign wives.
You do know that the Hebrew word for anointed is Mashiach [Eng.: Messiah], don’t you?...

Old 07-02-2018, 02:49 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Ten tribes were ripped from Solomon because Solomon's wives involved him in their pagan worship of Saturnalia and Easter. Then Jeroboam became the first king of the house of Israel, and he rejected the Sabbaths and feasts of God in Jerusalem and he instituted the Saturnalia and Easter, and God wiped them out except for a few thousand who went over to Judah.

It is always the same sin, always.

Abel spoke with Cain in the field because God appointed an exact sacrifice on an exact harvest and Cain invented his own ways and killed his brother. Eve chose the wrong harvest and they died. Israel built the golden calf in trying to return to their paganism, and they were killed. God wiped out ten tribes because of the same paganism Christianity keeps, and when many Jews were led astray into the sins of the house of Israel, God took Judah to Babylon to refine him so that he stopped keeping pagan ways. Gentiles came converting to Judaism after they rejected all their pagan ways, and many joined the chosen people of God until Christianity outlawed the Sabbaths and feasts of God so that no Gentile would follow God in his covenant with Judah.

Elijah went up to God and proclaimed,'' DEAR LORD, I AM THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE NORTHERN HOUSE OF ISRAEL WHO IS NOT A PAGAN, WHO DOES NOT KEEP PAGAN WAYS.''

JOHN WAS SENT OUT TO PREPARE GENTILES TO MARRY A JEW WHERE THEY WOULD STOP ALL THEIR FORMER PAGANISM AND CONVERT TO THE WAYS OF A JEW, HAVING MARRIED A JEW AS TO BE REDEEMED INTO ISRAEL.

Now Christianity has been lost for 2000 years because they rejected the covenant of God and created their own worship system against God, against Messiah, against Judah and Jerusalem and so the whole world wants to wipe the Jews from the face of the Earth because they wont stop keeping what God has demanded them to keep, and to add insult to injury, the same people who kill them for keeping God's commandments claim to be them, and they claim all the promises God spoke to the chosen people who keep his commandments.

Christmas and Easter have always killed the millions, it looks innocent, right up until the moment it is used to mark people for who they are, just as the Jews are sealed and marked because of the holy days and traditions they keep. God's holy days, and traditions, and they stand alone as they always have.

Christianity has turned around so opposite that it is even hard to speak of a Jewish Messiah or Jewish holy days about a Jewish Messiah, it is even hard to speak of the commandments of God.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You do know that the Hebrew word for anointed is Mashiach [Eng.: Messiah], don’t you?...

Many were called-anointed--They weren't the Messiah-- I would have to say in those other instances being called anointed is because they live to do YHVH' will as the one true Messiah does. They have put-SELF- aside and live 24/7-365 doing YHVH'S Will over self. And God was with those as well.
Solomon was Gods anointed king--he did not stand. The one true Messiah--stood.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Ten tribes were ripped from Solomon because Solomon's wives involved him in their pagan worship of Saturnalia and Easter. Then Jeroboam became the first king of the house of Israel, and he rejected the Sabbaths and feasts of God in Jerusalem and he instituted the Saturnalia and Easter, and God wiped them out except for a few thousand who went over to Judah.

It is always the same sin, always.

Abel spoke with Cain in the field because God appointed an exact sacrifice on an exact harvest and Cain invented his own ways and killed his brother. Eve chose the wrong harvest and they died. Israel built the golden calf in trying to return to their paganism, and they were killed. God wiped out ten tribes because of the same paganism Christianity keeps, and when many Jews were led astray into the sins of the house of Israel, God took Judah to Babylon to refine him so that he stopped keeping pagan ways. Gentiles came converting to Judaism after they rejected all their pagan ways, and many joined the chosen people of God until Christianity outlawed the Sabbaths and feasts of God so that no Gentile would follow God in his covenant with Judah.

Elijah went up to God and proclaimed,'' DEAR LORD, I AM THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE NORTHERN HOUSE OF ISRAEL WHO IS NOT A PAGAN, WHO DOES NOT KEEP PAGAN WAYS.''

JOHN WAS SENT OUT TO PREPARE GENTILES TO MARRY A JEW WHERE THEY WOULD STOP ALL THEIR FORMER PAGANISM AND CONVERT TO THE WAYS OF A JEW, HAVING MARRIED A JEW AS TO BE REDEEMED INTO ISRAEL.

Now Christianity has been lost for 2000 years because they rejected the covenant of God and created their own worship system against God, against Messiah, against Judah and Jerusalem and so the whole world wants to wipe the Jews from the face of the Earth because they wont stop keeping what God has demanded them to keep, and to add insult to injury, the same people who kill them for keeping God's commandments claim to be them, and they claim all the promises God spoke to the chosen people who keep his commandments.

Christmas and Easter have always killed the millions, it looks innocent, right up until the moment it is used to mark people for who they are, just as the Jews are sealed and marked because of the holy days and traditions they keep. God's holy days, and traditions, and they stand alone as they always have.

Christianity has turned around so opposite that it is even hard to speak of a Jewish Messiah or Jewish holy days about a Jewish Messiah, it is even hard to speak of the commandments of God.

Easter did not exist in Solomons day. maybe you are referring to the false goddess-Ishtar( pronounced Easter)Assyrian)Chaldean origin)Beltis-the queen of heaven) from where the easter celebration came from? Astarte-- in the Chaldean false god worship celebration--hot cross buns, and dyed eggs of Pasch were apart.
The blind world actually thought they could turn something straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) and hand it to Jesus as his celebration. They reasoned falsely. They even named the holiday after that false goddess---What were they thinking???? oh they weren't obviously--Nowadays--few have a clue and just accept what might look good( 2Cor 11:12-15)-- they must fit in.
Satan beat 99% living now-centuries ago with things like the above, Christmas is the same-filled with pagan practices--they are clueless.
The isrealites fell when they sent the Messiah to his death--They were cut off-Matthew 23:37-39--they outright refuse to do verse 39--- they are not standing.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
[quote=MysticPhD;52365669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
[/QUOTE]

Wins what??? Eternal torment? Annihilation?
Well, If majority of people willingly choose God and to follow his laws, God would 'win', in that his word (the bible) successfully 'got thru' to a majority of his creation. The bible says that is what God wants the most, for everyone to accept, love and worship him, and to do it WILLINGLY.

If satan 'won', it would be the fact he was successfully able to draw as many people AWAY from God as possible, in other words, he was able to convince more people to reject God and the word, the 'prize' would be the overwhelming number of people that were convinced one way or the other.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:39 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, If majority of people willingly choose God and to follow his laws, God would 'win', in that his word (the bible) successfully 'got thru' to a majority of his creation. The bible says that is what God wants the most, for everyone to accept, love and worship him, and to do it WILLINGLY.

If satan 'won', it would be the fact he was successfully able to draw as many people AWAY from God as possible, in other words, he was able to convince more people to reject God and the word, the 'prize' would be the overwhelming number of people that were convinced one way or the other.
I assume you see no negative consequences from the "win" by this Satan character? Mind, I do NOT believe Satan is some separate supernatural being. I believe Satan is our undiscriminating reptilian brain (Serpent) the source of our drives. But for those who do believe in this being, I am curious what his upside would be in all this.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Many were called-anointed--They weren't the Messiah-- I would have to say in those other instances being called anointed is because they live to do YHVH' will as the one true Messiah does. They have put-SELF- aside and live 24/7-365 doing YHVH'S Will over self. And God was with those as well.
Solomon was Gods anointed king--he did not stand. The one true Messiah--stood.
David was Mashiach and the priests in the Temple were Mashiach...Anyone can be Mashiach....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.