Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 08:16 PM

179 posts, read 83,192 times

Advertisements

Satan;s yoke easier? Maybe at first glance, like how alcoholism and drug abuse looks fun at first. I've seen those who have embrace sin and the dark side of life and eventually their lives are ruined by their bad choices. So what starts out fun at first leads to despair. Though some people who chose to live evil lives are able to live their entire lives indulging in sin. Some of your more successful drug cartels live in seclusion and live it up until a ripe old age. They showed no sign of having a hard yoke in life but its in death their yoke will be final. So when we discuss how easy Satan's yoke is we should also consider the how God will judge the dead.

Better and easier to live a Christian life. Like so many other people, I know what its like to follow the yoke of Satan. The end result is not worth it. I believe its much better to repent your sins to Christ Jesus and follow Him.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post
Satan;s yoke easier? Maybe at first glance, like how alcoholism and drug abuse looks fun at first. I've seen those who have embrace sin and the dark side of life and eventually their lives are ruined by their bad choices. So what starts out fun at first leads to despair. Though some people who chose to live evil lives are able to live their entire lives indulging in sin. Some of your more successful drug cartels live in seclusion and live it up until a ripe old age. They showed no sign of having a hard yoke in life but its in death their yoke will be final. So when we discuss how easy Satan's yoke is we should also consider the how God will judge the dead.

Better and easier to live a Christian life. Like so many other people, I know what its like to follow the yoke of Satan. The end result is not worth it. I believe its much better to repent your sins to Christ Jesus and follow Him.

If leading a Christian life is keeping you out of prison - yay.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Iyov - Job - Chapter 1

6 Now the day came about, and the angels of God came to stand beside the Lord, and the Adversary, too, came among them.

Rashi:

Now the day came about: That day which was Rosh Hashanah, (known as a day of sounding the shofar, and the Holy One, blessed be He, commanded the Adversary to bring the merit and the guilt of all creatures. This is the meaning of “from going to and fro on the earth.”)

and the angels of God came to stand beside the Lord: to contend with Him, because the expression of standing refers only to judgment, as it is stated (Isa. 3:13): “The Lord stands to plead.”

and the Adversary, too, came among them: to accuse the people.
And have you read and studied the account iyov.
Who's side do you stand.

When the All Mighty says iyov is blameless and upright are you going to argue?.

Elihu, lost more than cattle richard.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And have you read and studied the account iyov.
Who's side do you stand.

When the All Mighty says iyov is blameless and upright are you going to argue?.

Elihu, lost more than cattle richard.
Your response has nothing to do with what I posted...Try again...

Old 07-07-2018, 07:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post

How about following G-d?...

Old 07-07-2018, 08:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If leading a Christian life is keeping you out of prison - yay.
Jesus warned the opposite would be true though..."christians will be hated, despised and persecuted just as I was".

Looking around in my hometown, I dont see any of this, the only religious group I can think of that fits that description would be those like Westboro Baptist.

It is interesting though...if we are NOT hated, despised and persecuted...there is probably a reason for that!!!

Old 07-07-2018, 09:00 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,269 times
actually Paul summed it up this way, concerning trying to live as Jehovah and Jesus ask of their people ,(Gal. 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish). no, it's harder to live as a true Christian, than it is NOT to sin, or live as satan tries to lead us. we are ALL imperfect, even the most righteous followers of Jehovah God and Jesus committed sins. King David was picked by Jehovah God to lead his people. he sinned bad when he has a man killed just so he could have his wife. Jehovah punish him for that, he later went back to obeying Jehovah.

then it was his Son Solomon also a faithful man, who later started worshipping the false gods of his MANY wives, he later came back to Jehovah. satan KNOWS every human weakness, he targets EVERYONE. but his main focus is on Christians! drug dealings, alcoholism, and drug abuse is NOT the only actions satan leads many to. MANY Christian, satan has pointing the negative finger at non Christians for how they live. like this Pharisee here at (Luke-18:9-14). yet MANY who call themselves "Christians" be-it behind close doors or out in the open. live the exact same way, from having sex out of marriage to being homosexuals. still they feel because they are "baptized", no matter what they do, they still have a first class ticket to Heaven.

so No, it's much harder to live as a true Christian, than it is to not sin. we ALL sin EVERYDAY, even those who wants to believe that they are free of sin. if that was the case, then why do we have to ask daily for forgiveness? satan is on the attack and by any means necessary. which is why God warns us to protect ourselves ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole Armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). satan is out for blood, because he knows he's going down ,(Rev.12:12). we have a hard fight against satan and we WON'T KNOW, if we are "SAVED"...until the actual end hits. Jesus told us this ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). peace

Old 07-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Iyov - Job - Chapter 1

6 Now the day came about, and the angels of God came to stand beside the Lord, and the Adversary, too, came among them.

Rashi:

Now the day came about: That day which was Rosh Hashanah, (known as a day of sounding the shofar, and the Holy One, blessed be He, commanded the Adversary to bring the merit and the guilt of all creatures. This is the meaning of “from going to and fro on the earth.”)

and the angels of God came to stand beside the Lord: to contend with Him, because the expression of standing refers only to judgment, as it is stated (Isa. 3:13): “The Lord stands to plead.”

and the Adversary, too, came among them: to accuse the people.
yup,
like i said.
rashi is a luciferian concoction.

And is entirely misinformation about jews. No sages taught this, nor are there any writtings in the talmud to collaborate rashi. rashi is a single failed attempt at guile. Concocted to destroy those who lack in the Spirit of Knowledge.

It is a an antisemitic attack on the innocent.

Which is why i apologized to richard for what they did to him.
this fig is not even rotten anymore. It has been petrified to form an image.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:33 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Jesus warned the opposite would be true though..."christians will be hated, despised and persecuted just as I was".

Looking around in my hometown, I dont see any of this, the only religious group I can think of that fits that description would be those like Westboro Baptist.

It is interesting though...if we are NOT hated, despised and persecuted...there is probably a reason for that!!!
That was spoken to people who actually joined the religion of Jesus and walked like he walked. Try keeping the feasts of Jesus and tell your friends, family and co workers, your wife will divorce you, your family will call you satanic, your boss will fire you, and everyone you meet will despise you, and you wont have any friends.

Gentiles were not brave enough to walk the walk, that's why they abandoned the ways of Jesus, they were not brave enough to look like a Jew who kept the Messianic feasts, they gave up their Passover for their life. After the Jewish war, I can't blame them for denying Jesus, if they kept the Passover, it meant their life.

Now Gentiles who keep Pagan gentile ways wonder why everyone doesn't hate them, try following the walk of Jesus and everyone will hate you.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That was spoken to people who actually joined the religion of Jesus and walked like he walked. Try keeping the feasts of Jesus and tell your friends, family and co workers, your wife will divorce you, your family will call you satanic, your boss will fire you, and everyone you meet will despise you, and you wont have any friends.

Gentiles were not brave enough to walk the walk, that's why they abandoned the ways of Jesus, they were not brave enough to look like a Jew who kept the Messianic feasts, they gave up their Passover for their life. After the Jewish war, I can't blame them for denying Jesus, if they kept the Passover, it meant their life.

Now Gentiles who keep Pagan gentile ways wonder why everyone doesn't hate them, try following the walk of Jesus and everyone will hate you.

guilt trip...

Seriously,
stop with the copy paste.

The separation has already taken place on the Full Moon of Shavuot shalom..

the eclipses are impending upon the southern hemisphere now
https://www.space.com/41007-blood-mo...pse-guide.html

Last edited by pinacled; 07-07-2018 at 10:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity