Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 05:08 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
The divine spark didn't die with the day of the fall. We all have a divine spark inside of us.

"The Inner Light, that of God within us, is a divine spark, however it gets there."

https://throughtheflamingsword.wordp...rk-the-source/
awareness, isn't life and it isn't God...
the day of the fall we lost that God part of . now we own only

awareness/ free will..... to choose.. who we will serve..
free will isn't HIM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 05:12 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
to awarenes you must first add to it....the deposit at the baptism of his holy Spirit. it is only a small deposit and it must grow into all of you....... which is a start.. and the deposit on the full packaged deal called holiness and truth..... then it all will end with.. the new body of both heaven and earth when the kingdom of God is married...
but
awareness isn't God, it is only your .... free will..
Free will is his invention/ creation... and not to be worshipped..... which men are doing...
but your free will is yours and only yours....... not his.

it isn't his awareness, it is your awareness..
it isn't exactly divine, it can judge by good or evil.... OR by his Life..... but that is a choice our awareness( see, look , ask , knock, hear ) makes... those are not divine.. and it is sure that science can not tell why you see.. or how you see...
it is very spiritual.. and they don't' understand how we perceive by sight..... it is a gift it is not divine though.
it is a gift/ a talent.) of value).. he gives to all his creation.. perception/ awareness.. it is not divine if a slug has it...

but it is His creation, His gifts for us ..
without it we would be incapable of loving.. so it is a gift to all , and nearly all lof his creation as it....
He cannot take our free will away.. just as he cannot take our awareness away.. or we would be a vegetable... a lower form than a slug..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-22-2020 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-22-2020, 06:35 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d was actually conferring with His heavenly counsel when He said that...
Who did this heavenly counsel include?

Old 05-22-2020, 06:36 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
The divine spark didn't die with the day of the fall. We all have a divine spark inside of us.
Right on.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:43 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d was actually conferring with His heavenly counsel when He said that...
Good grief. You actually said something I can agree with.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:45 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Typical of gotquestions quotes, you failed to answer any of the questions posed by Diesel350z.

Conversations with Diesel lead down a rabbit hole. I posted that article to show why I believe in a literal interpretation.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Conversations with Diesel lead down a rabbit hole. I posted that article to show why I believe in a literal interpretation.
But a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve, where not the only human's on the planet 6,000 years ago?

Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Good grief. You actually said something I can agree with.
I just about fell off my chair in shock!

Old 05-22-2020, 07:18 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I just about fell off my chair in shock!
It was a once in a lifetime event.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:20 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He argues from a pre-selected genealogy based upon two people, which has nothing to do with all of humanity.
I agree

Man used in scripture seems to me to be generic, not personal

From Origen

Origen: Commentary on John, Book 2 (Roberts-Donaldson)

“It confirms this view that the names applied to the higher powers are not those of species of living beings, but those of the orders, assigned by God to this and to that reasonable being. "Throne" is not a species of living being, nor "dominion," nor "principality," nor "power"; these are names of the businesses to which those clothed with the names have been appointed; the subjects themselves are nothing but men, but the subject has come to be a throne, or a dominion, or a principality, or a power. In Joshua, the son of Nun, we read that in Jericho there appeared to Joshua a man who said, "I am captain of the Lord's host, now am I come." The outcome of this is that the light of men must be held to be the same as the light of every being endowed with reason; for every reasonable being is man, since it is according to the image and likeness of God. It is spoken of in three different ways. "the light of men," and simply "the light," and "the true light." It is the light of men either, as we showed before, because there is nothing to prevent us from regarding it as the light of other beings besides men, or because all beings endowed with reason are called men because they are made in the image of God.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity