Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 08:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You do realize this site is for the LGBTQIA group? The lie is saying you cannot be political and ban anyone mentioning grievous and the worst of sins but are fine espousing this political group’s ideology? It is not a race or religion but a behavior. Yet it is allowed? It is just one falsehood of many.

Craziness comes into play when groups say that a spirit whispers in their ear that directly defies the Scripture yet claim they are Christian? Disagree with it will get you banned too.

I could go on with more truths but why disturb more electrons talking about the walking dead?
More whiny, bigoted crapola from a reliable dispenser of same.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The majority of the posters here are straight, and there's no "political group". We are people standing up for those whom you would like to marginalize, and you don't like it because you desire to be exalted while others burn in some sort of eternal hell. That's what it all boils down to.

No one gets banned for disagreeing with another. Honestly, what you said in the post above is ridiculous.
He lacks integrity with his self-righteous demeanor.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:46 AM

16,710 posts, read 15,709,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The majority of the posters here are straight, and there's no "political group". We are people standing up for those whom you would like to marginalize, and you don't like it because you desire to be exalted while others burn in some sort of eternal hell. That's what it all boils down to.

No one gets banned for disagreeing with another. Honestly, what you said in the post above is ridiculous.
Let me reiterate what the Mighty Queen has said.

Further, the majority being straight is actually irrelevant. These are just caring human beings trying to look out for those some of you would apparently like to ostracize. This most surely isn't a political group. I didn't sign on to moderate a political forum.

If people got banned for disagreeing (or even for being disagreeable), there are a number of you who wouldn't be here. Yet, here you are.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:26 PM

1,183 posts, read 538,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Let me reiterate what the Mighty Queen has said.

Further, the majority being straight is actually irrelevant. These are just caring human beings trying to look out for those some of you would apparently like to ostracize. This most surely isn't a political group. I didn't sign on to moderate a political forum.

If people got banned for disagreeing (or even for being disagreeable), there are a number of you who wouldn't be here. Yet, here you are.
Ridiculous statements. Look at the number of pro gay postings on thread. To hint that type of activism is not given leadway is an untruth.

Homosexuality is a behavior. And, it is noted to be heavily in activisim. Whether you are for or against it is irrelevant. Yet, there are a lot of activist type postings allowed to remain. Any pro gays postings should have been immediately moved to another forum. Also, any universalism postings fall under Religion category. This is not a universalist thread. And for those who are confused by that read the Definition of Christianity below.

This site is not for the moderator’s crusades.

The sacred text of Christianity is the Christian Bible, which consists of the Old Testament (the Jewish Bible) and the New Testament. The New Testament contains 27 books: four gospels (narratives of Jesus' life), one account of the apostles' ministry after Jesus' death, letters from church leaders (the earliest of which predate the Gospels), and an apocalyptic book.

Christianity - ReligionFacts

Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Ridiculous statements. Look at the number of pro-gay postings on thread. To hint that type of activism is not given leadway is an untruth.

Homosexuality is a behavior. And, it is noted to be heavily in activism. Whether you are for or against it is irrelevant. Yet, there are a lot of activist type postings allowed to remain. Any pro gays postings should have been immediately moved to another forum. Also, any universalism postings fall under Religion category. This is not a universalist thread. And for those who are confused by that read the Definition of Christianity below.

The sacred text of Christianity is the Christian Bible, which consists of the Old Testament (the Jewish Bible) and the New Testament. The New Testament contains 27 books: four gospels (narratives of Jesus' life), one account of the apostles' ministry after Jesus' death, letters from church leaders (the earliest of which predate the Gospels), and an apocalyptic book.

You do NOT decide whether or not a Universalist POV is Christian, nor do you get to decide that pro-gay posts can NOT be Christian, despite your obvious desire to be a Moderator and define Christianity to be only what YOU consider Christianity to be. You are neither a Moderator nor the exclusive authority on Christianity. In this forum, a Christian is anyone who claims to follow Christ, PERIOD.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do NOT decide whether or not a Universalist POV is Christian, nor do you get to decide that pro-gay posts can NOT be Christian, despite your obvious desire to be a Moderator and define Christianity to be only what YOU consider Christianity to be. You are neither a Moderator nor the exclusive authority on Christianity. In this forum, a Christian is anyone who claims to follow Christ, PERIOD.
That about covers it.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Ridiculous statements. Look at the number of pro gay postings on thread. To hint that type of activism is not given leadway is an untruth.

Homosexuality is a behavior. And, it is noted to be heavily in activisim. Whether you are for or against it is irrelevant. Yet, there are a lot of activist type postings allowed to remain. Any pro gays postings should have been immediately moved to another forum. Also, any universalism postings fall under Religion category. This is not a universalist thread. And for those who are confused by that read the Definition of Christianity below.

LOL. You're becoming a caricature of The Cranky Conservative Christian. You know your ilk is doomed and your final hurrah was in November, 2016.

Too bad. So sad.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:53 AM

16,710 posts, read 15,709,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Dang! I don't get to agree with you very often, but I'll take the opportunity when it presents itself.

Universalism is a topic that differentiates some denominations of Christianity, making it an obviously appropriate subject for discussion in this forum.

The different interpretations of half a dozen Biblical verses makes the treatment of gays and lesbians in churches also an appropriate topic for discussion in this forum.

Previous moderators wrote a long post describing who would be recognized a Christians, so we could avoid hurting people's feelings by saying they aren't "real Christians." Simply stated, if you believe in Jesus Christ and want to call yourself a Christian, that's good enough for this forum.

Some people have more stringent definitions. They seem to think we should use their definitions, but I can't see any reason we should change how this forum works. The company management has given me no reason to think any change is forthcoming either.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Being gay is a behavior? You mean behavior of choice, Sum tingy?
I think I'll chose it. What a great choice it would be!!!

Gosh, then I could be fired from a job...cool!
I could be denied an apartment....even cooler!
I could walk down the street ashamed and shy to hold my girlfriend's hand...I love that.
I might even be able to wake up with Lesbian sprayed on my garage door! It would like Christmas if done in cool colors!
I could get baked goods denied to me if I walked in looking butch with my girlfriend...Yay, I'd lose weight!
Maybe I could try to adopt a needy child...oh no, count that out...
OR it would be really the coolest to have my family shun me!!!!

Yup, I'm going to decide to make the choice to be gay....it has so many advantages.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:25 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,117,164 times
Due to their unbelief, aetheists are not capable of seeing Christians or understanding the Bible truthfully. Yes, we Christians sometimes are a poor reflection of God, but His Word never is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity