Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 03:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But why has this peace on Earth and goodwill toward ALL Men, not been realized?
Because those who have been given the task to evangelize the earth don't possess goodwill to all men, they have held the world over a barrel of condemnation. Baptist fundy basically admitted to this when he said we who are in Christ do not have condemnation from God(we have goodwill from him) and the rest of you are under condemnation(no goodwill extended to you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:42 AM

553 posts, read 172,134 times
Quote:
The existence of hell is denied - because it does not exist.
There will be hell to pay at some point, in one degree or another, but thank God it's not the fundies' insane version.

The following was written by Peter Hiett of the Sanctuary Downtown, Denver, Colorado:

When I felt guilty, as a child, my father’s presence burned like fire. And yet, to hide from him was far worse—it was outer darkness. What once burned is now my greatness desire: my Father’s presence.

In Revelation 20, John sees a great white throne. And books are opened.“The dead” are judged by the things written in the books, according to their deeds. Then death and Hades (Hell), are thrown in the Lake of Fire. Anyone whose name was not found in the book of life was thrown into the Lake of Fire and Divinity (“theion,” from “theos,” translated “brimstone” or “Divine Being”).

The Great White Throne Judgment is not the beginning of an endless death in Hell. It is the end of Hell and the death of death—the second death. “Death will be no more,” says the voice from the throne in the next chapter.

Hades is separation from God, and the Fire is the Presence of God, our Father.
God is One. God is Love. And God is Fire.
In Isaiah, God promises to “swallow up death forever.”
In the Revelation He does it.
Darkness, lost-ness, lies and death will come to an End in a Lake of Light, Way, Truth, and Life. Jesus is the Light, Way, Truth, Life, End . . . and Beginning.

The Great White Throne is not just the final judgment; it’s all judgment. This is the Judgment,” said Jesus, “The Light has come into to world.” It is eternal and it swallows up, or fills up, all of our empty space and time. For Jesus, John, and Paul, there is One Judgment: the Manifest Presence of God.

We need to stop thinking chronologically and start thinking theologically—that is logically. “Chronos will be no more,” said the angel in chapter ten. All things, including space and time, are relative to the Word, who is the Light, who is the Judgment.

The Great White Throne is not “the Judgment of the Living and the Dead,” but just the Dead. Actually, according to Jesus, in the Gospel of John (5:24), no one truly lives until they’ve been judged. And once they’ve been judged, they cannot die—they have Life eternal; they have Faith.

“The Day you eat of it you will die,” said God to Adam—that was His Judgment. To take the “knowledge of Good and evil,” in an attempt to make your self in the image of God, is to justify yourself with works of the law in the power of the flesh.
“The dead” are judged by the record of their deeds recorded in “the books.” They want to be judged by their resumes; they think they are their own ego; they think they are the sum total of their choices.

The Living are those whose names have been written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. That’s not their choice; that’s the Lamb’s Choice.

“So, am I one of the dead or one of the living?”

Maybe you’re both.

You are a “me” that you thought you made, an illusion. And you are a “me” that God has made, eternal and indestructible. You are a “me” that cannot be justified, and you are a “me” that has already been justified; but there is no “me” to justify, defend, worry about, or hide.

You are an “old adam” and a “New Adam,” a goat and a sheep, a tare and a wheat, chaff and grain, flesh and spirit, something dead and something alive, bad and good, a person that can do nothing but sin and a person incapable of sin, spawn of the devil and child of God (1 John 3:8-9).

“How can I change ‘me?”
You can’t. You must lose your life . . . to find it.

“How can I change ‘me?”
You can’t. But with the Faith already granted, you can practice the presence of God. The Presence of God destroys the old “me” and reveals the new and eternal “me” in its place.

"Where sin increased, grace abounded all the more." Where the Old Jerusalem is destroyed, the New Jerusalem comes down. God is not a God of second chances; He is the Creator of new creations.

The Presence of God is the consuming and refining fire of unmitigated Love, who is your Father.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. For instance, you guys would prefer to have your ears tickled and be told all sorts of warm, fuzzy things over the actual truth. It's why you deny the existence of hell.

There's nothing new under the sun. The apostle Paul saw this day coming.
Men will believe what they want to believe. Believing that you will be "saved" while all of "THEM" are condemned and punished says more about you than about the actual state of things.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because those who have been given the task to evangelize the earth don't possess goodwill to all men, they have held the world over a barrel of condemnation. Baptist fundy basically admitted to this when he said we who are in Christ do not have condemnation from God (we have goodwill from him) and the rest of you are under condemnation (no goodwill extended to you).
It's the walls of extremism and self-righteousness that are crumbling, which have kept people from reaching out to others. When a line is drawn in the sand or a wall is built, you are merely daring someone to step across it to support your violent and discriminatory nature. Both, giving and receiving require open hands, not clinched fists.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
It's the walls of extremism and self-righteousness that are crumbling, which have kept people from reaching out to others. When a line is drawn in the sand or a wall is built, you are merely daring someone to step across it to support your violent and discriminatory nature. Both, giving and receiving require open hands, not clinched fists.
Yes , you are either for us or against us mentality. Another saying of Jesus that got blown completely out of context.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Men will believe what they want to believe. Believing that you will be "saved" while all of "THEM" are condemned and punished says more about you than about the actual state of things.
It's a mindset that lacks peace and goodwill to ALL men.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:52 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,083,615 times
Quote:
Yes. For instance, you guys would prefer to have your ears tickled and be told all sorts of warm, fuzzy things over the actual truth. It's why you deny the existence of hell.

There's nothing new under the sun. The apostle Paul saw this day coming.
Because HELL does not exist. And PAUL was a nutcase. Some of us prefer REALITY over delusion.

Moving on.......

Old 11-26-2018, 12:02 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because those who have been given the task to evangelize the earth don't possess goodwill to all men, they have held the world over a barrel of condemnation. Baptist fundy basically admitted to this when he said we who are in Christ do not have condemnation from God(we have goodwill from him) and the rest of you are under condemnation(no goodwill extended to you).
Yep, there are messengers of both varieties and it get obvious which is which if you listen to the spirit. The seeds of both have been planted in the same place, the field/the world/the church. Humanity is all the same. Jews, gentile, Greek, there is no difference, and we are to use righteous judgement to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. Not just say God says xxxxxxx in the bible so it must be literally true.

Gal 5:16 But I say, Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under Law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you beforehand, as I also said before, that the ones practicing such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.
Gal 5:24 But the ones belonging to Christ crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not become vainglorious, provoking one another, envying one another

These things are said to the churches being set up, but they are also applicable on an individual level.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:21 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Because HELL does not exist. And PAUL was a nutcase. Some of us prefer REALITY over delusion.

Moving on.......
Another fine example of the wacky stuff one can read on the "Christianity" forum.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Another fine example of the wacky stuff one can read on the "Christianity" forum.
You mean like Satan and the chamber of eternal torment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity