Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 08:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and by yoursame logic .. peter shadow never healed anyone.. and the clothes they sent around never healed anyone either... but they did.. information can be put into inanimate objects. you use a computer. how many people would have said 100 years ago if we described a computer.. an inanimate object that communicates information.... there will be fountains of wisdom and fountains of life.. with real water...in his temple.. dont' get that wrong, that is all easy things for our Father to do..
Why don’t you try answering the question. What is the scripture he was referring to?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
It is not trusting in Him but believing in Him.

38 and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water.' "

Jesus was referring to scripture but not a specific verse.

The servant of God eats and drinks.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:38 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why don’t you try answering the question. What is the scripture he was referring to?.
oops you didn't like that answer hum?

I answered it and showed the scriptures to you earlier and gave you lots of places to seek wisdom from Him .. but I see you didn't take up a challenge either/ again ..!
sorry It seems you must have eyes to see and a heart/ mind/ seat of emotion/ soul, that can render his truths in spite of tiny language and translation issues between greek and hebrew..which I suspect means you have to have the Holy spirit at work..
no one can make you!
and to think you wont let The Word himself even Paraphrase himself.... -a multi verse thought...even.. yet you all demand we do it.. you make us only to condemn us like you are trying to condemn him even if he tired to paraphrase.. (which I doubt he did that).. but it does look that way from our indirect translations.
I posted the closest one I could find with a quick look...

how about this one. you can reference all of proverbs,.

Mat 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-09-2019 at 08:50 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
oops you didn't like that answer hum?

I answered it and showed the scriptures to you earlier and gave you lots of places to seek wisdom from Him .. but I see you didn't take up a challenge either/ again ..!
sorry It seems you must have eyes to see and a heart/ mind/ seat of emotion/ soul, that can render his truths in spite of tiny language and translation issues between greek and hebrew..which I suspect means you have to have the Holy spirit at work..
no one can make you!
and to think you wont let The Word himself even Paraphrase himself.... -a multi verse thought...even.. yet you all demand we do it.. you make us only to condemn us like you are trying to condemn him even if he tired to paraphrase.. (which I doubt he did that).. but it does look that way from our indirect translations.
I posted the closest one I could find with a quick look...

how about this one. you can reference all of proverbs,.

Mat 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Where is the scripture that says "He who trusts me as the scripture says out of his innermost being shal flow rivers of iving water"?.

The ME to be trusted is the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Like i said, reading the OT like a literal history book you will miss what it really is saying when for instance you read about temples and rivers. These are all but shadows of the real thing, and we are the real thing, the real thing that contains, the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God, all of which we ignorantly forsook and have completely forgotten that which as always been there. So we fumble around looking for the answers in religion, when all that we ever need, to be all that God ever intended us to be (which is Jesus Christ)is seek and draw from within, where Jesus said to seek........ The kingdom within.

Consider the lilies of the field. When the scriptures describe something beautiful in the scriptures, it is talking about us.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-10-2019 at 04:45 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Where is the scripture that says "He who trusts me as the scripture says out of his innermost being shal flow rivers of iving water"?.

The ME to be trusted is the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Like i said, reading the OT like a literal history book you will miss what it really is saying when for instance you read about temples and rivers. These are all but shadows of the real thing, and we are the real thing, the real thing that contains, the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God, all of which we ignorantly forsook and have completely forgotten that which as always been there. So we fumble around looking for the answers in religion, when all that we ever need, to be all that God ever intended us to be (which is Jesus Christ)is seek and draw from within, where Jesus said to seek........ The kingdom within.

Consider the lilies of the field. When the scriptures describe something beautiful in the scriptures, it is talking about us.
are you trusting in the creation or the creator? wisdom, knowledge and understanding are his creation.. not yours.
do you worship the tree or the idol made from the tree?
or do you trust and thank and worship HIM who made the tree?

to worship wisdom without him is idolatry, isn't it?
just like it is idolatry to worship the tree without him..
which is no different than worshipping the idol made from the tree... once you take a hold of it and form it as you see it ...
be it of love or wisdom or even faith can become idol worship...to take it and to form and define it ( it, love , wisdom faith etc etc ... on and on .. as men do )as (men/mankind) wish to leave as much of him out of their definitions and it source of life and truth as they can get it.. as far as a man can get it.

no that water comes as close to the sources of life itself as he can get it, so that no man can take credit for it .. seek the father within..."Our Father which is in heaven... give me this day my daily bread.. giving Him alone credit ..... in the Sons name do we have right to petition the throne room of The Most High..
we all as children of the most high.. the son is his child also.. Father is the source we are his vessels .

are you not having the battle of Cain and Abel?
one offered to the father and son...the works of his own hands and the other the works of the creation. and we know which one did right and which one got offended that HIS works of his hands were not acceptable..

Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
are you trusting in the creation or the creator? wisdom, knowledge and understanding are his creation.. not yours.
do you worship the tree or the idol made from the tree?
or do you trust and thank and worship HIM who made the tree?

to worship wisdom without him is idolatry, isn't it?
just like it is idolatry to worship the tree without him..
which is no different than worshipping the idol made from the tree... once you take a hold of it and form it as you see it ...
be it of love or wisdom or even faith can become idol worship...to take it and to form and define it ( it, love , wisdom faith etc etc ... on and on .. as men do )as (men/mankind) wish to leave as much of him out of their definitions and it source of life and truth as they can get it.. as far as a man can get it.

no that water comes as close to the sources of life itself as he can get it, so that no man can take credit for it .. seek the father within..."Our Father which is in heaven... give me this day my daily bread.. giving Him alone credit ..... in the Sons name do we have right to petition the throne room of The Most High..
we all as children of the most high.. the son is his child also.. Father is the source we are his vessels .

are you not having the battle of Cain and Abel?
one offered to the father and son...the works of his own hands and the other the works of the creation. and we know which one did right and which one got offended that HIS works of his hands were not acceptable..
God is wisdom, just like he is love and peace and a sound mind He is also his creation. He is not only in his creation he is the creation. God is the whole thing.

Who said anything about worshiping wisdom other than yourself?. In saying that, a quick read of the first few chapters of Proverbs, you cannot help but think Wisdom is almost God in the way we are admonished to seek after it. If we are seeking wisdom that is from above we are seeking God.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW53Nn5_ucA

but can a technon can be from someone who refuses to acknowledge the heart of the Father , but who glory in their own wisdom. they don't glory in him and his wisdom..and they don't know they sin. Laodicea don't know they sin.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW53Nn5_ucA

but can a technon can be from someone who refuses to acknowledge the heart of the Father , but who glory in their own wisdom. they don't glory in him and his wisdom..and they don't know they sin. Laodicea don't know they sin.
Love is the heart the Father. The heart of the only wise God.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:38 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
God is wisdom, just like he is love and peace and a sound mind He is also his creation. He is not only in his creation he is the creation. God is the whole thing.

Who said anything about worshiping wisdom other than yourself?. In saying that, a quick read of the first few chapters of Proverbs, you cannot help but think Wisdom is almost God in the way we are admonished to seek after it. If we are seeking wisdom that is from above we are seeking God.
Uh no.

"The Lord is the God of the living not of the dead. "

Old 04-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Uh no.

"The Lord is the God of the living not of the dead. "
You will hear the word sooner or later.

'Verily, verily, I say to you -- There cometh an hour, and it now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and those having heard shall live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity